• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Been doing nothing but legend hunting for the past 36ish hrs and I just got a 5 IV Terrakion. Unfortunately its Bold and one of the IVs is SpA, but I'll make it work

Mega Typhlosion

Been doing nothing but legend hunting for the past 36ish hrs and I just got a 5 IV Terrakion. Unfortunately its Bold and one of the IVs is SpA, but I'll make it work

IMO, natures are more important than IVs and if you take a Synchronizer it's pretty easy to get a Jolly one with 3/4IVs (yours is a 4IV technically).

Bold Terrakion is not good at all, and you will notice the drop in power.

Hey everyone!
Sorry i've been so inactive for so long.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas :)

I agree with the above post.
Jolly is the preferred nature for Terrakion. I tend to use Adamant for extra power.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I know terrakion likes to use the extra power, but I almost never use legends on my teams as it is (I think I've used legends like 2 or 3 times). If I ever decide to use them, it will be in some unconventional way. If need be, I'll just put a band on it and make sure the team around it can make up for the drop in power.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I'm a lazy *** and can't be bothered to read through 2 pages at the moment, but I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I got a bunch of stuff including a fez and a monocle, to show you my family's crooked sense of humour...

I got ORAS finally, and started playing Alpha Sapphire since I prefer Team Aqua (that Shelly though) and what they're trying to accomplish (so in reality I should actually be playing OR since then I'd side with Team Aqua...). I've just saved Peeko and gotten the Devon Goods, current team is my Level 16 Grovyle named Rogue (Lax Nature sucks but I'll suck it up) and a Level 15 Shiny Beldum from the event (Jolly Nature, get rekt). Won't be catching my next team member until after the second gym, and since my team is actually quite high leveled I should probably turn the Exp. Share off (at least until I get my next few team members). Shame about the low levels from the gyms, obviously trying to make it easier for a younger generation (especially since Brawley has a Level 16 Makuhita unlike his standard Level 18/19 one). Alas, I'll suck it up. Here's to hoping May is as tough as usual.

I haven't played World of Warcraft for a few days (been playing AS since yesterday evening) so I haven't actually made a refined decision into what to play. I'm leaning away from the Monk now though due to how awful they're doing in PvP and the fact that they don't usually do too great in my opinion. Best to stay away. I got quite a bit of money for Christmas, so I'm thinking of buying some Blizzard mounts like the Warforged Nightmare, Iron Skyreaver, Enchanted Fey Dragon and maybe the Grinning Reaver. To go with my upcoming new Undead Hunter (my favourite race and I figured I'd do well at the class for casual PvP and later on more hardcore PvP. Monks won't hold up and I won't play a Rogue until I get heirlooms).

Right, time to build an ORAS OU team. Greninja's being suspect tested by the way - I for one am quite happy with it since it forced everyone to run Scarfed Keldeo or Talonflame, which limited teambuilding. I'm hoping it'll go since the only counters it has are only fit for **** like Stall. Anyway, bulky offensive team - army of tanks basically. The one thing that comes to mind is Mega Metagross with his big *** 80/150/110 bulk, 110 Speed and base 145 Attack boosted by Tough Claws.

metagross-mega.gif

376-m.png
|
metagrossite.png

Hammer Time (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body --> Tough Claws
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk/-SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake

Last edited:

Romeo32

I'm a lazy *** and can't be bothered to read through 2 pages at the moment, but I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I got a bunch of stuff including a fez and a monocle, to show you my family's crooked sense of humour...

I got ORAS finally, and started playing Alpha Sapphire since I prefer Team Aqua (that Shelly though) and what they're trying to accomplish (so in reality I should actually be playing OR since then I'd side with Team Aqua...).
If you like Team Aqua then AS is definitely the way to go, their personalities and dialogue are just so quirky and ridiculous at times that it made me look forward to my encounters with them (especially Shelly ;)). Team Magma just seems so robotic and boring to me I don't see why anyone could prefer then over Aqua but whatever.

Metagross is so good, he packs such a huge punch. My personal favorite set is the Agility/Rock Polish set too, it's one of the best late game sweepers imo. IDK what Hammer Arm hits that EQ doesn't other than Baloon Heatran but I prefer EQ regardless. You might want to pair it with a Fire type to get rid of things like Skarmiry and Ferrothorn that would prevent your sweep (I guess Hammer Arm also hits Ferrothorn now that I think about it). Maybe Heatran would be good, or if you're feeling adventurous you could use Chandelurr or Infernape ;)

I've been thinking about making an OU team built around Belly Drum Slurpuff, for some reason that little guy has just stolen my heart this holiday season...

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Trying to test some changes to my team is difficult when trainers on PS are so hesitant to battle my team. -_-

It's like I take out one member of their team and suddenly they don't want to face me anymore. Has anyone else had this same issue with the trainers on PS? It's quite annoying...

Romeo32

Trying to test some changes to my team is difficult when trainers on PS are so hesitant to battle my team. -_-

It's like I take out one member of their team and suddenly they don't want to face me anymore. Has anyone else had this same issue with the trainers on PS? It's quite annoying...
Are you low on the ladder? If you are then it's probably just that you're fighting a bunch of rage quitting noobs. The only other reason I could think of is if you're using a really annoying or cheap tactic, but I doubt that.

LynxForte

The Phoenix

The main reason I stopped battling on PS. If you disrupt their what they're trying to do, they quit.

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
In bed all day still sick and nothing to do but finish the pokedex, currently 705/720 15 more and I gat my shiny charm bwahahaha! Also I updated the ban list so please be sure to check it out I am writing up notes so please if you have not signed up please do so.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
If you like Team Aqua then AS is definitely the way to go, their personalities and dialogue are just so quirky and ridiculous at times that it made me look forward to my encounters with them (especially Shelly ;)). Team Magma just seems so robotic and boring to me I don't see why anyone could prefer then over Aqua but whatever.

I know right? I was reading their motives for ORAS - Team Magma wants to expand the land for human technology, whereas Team Aqua wants more space for Pokemon to exist that isn't already polluted and dirty. I agree much more with Team Aqua, Shelly is hot for an in-game character (although Courtney is too) and I don't know. They're just cool.

Metagross is so good, he packs such a huge punch. My personal favorite set is the Agility/Rock Polish set too, it's one of the best late game sweepers imo. IDK what Hammer Arm hits that EQ doesn't other than Baloon Heatran but I prefer EQ regardless. You might want to pair it with a Fire type to get rid of things like Skarmiry and Ferrothorn that would prevent your sweep (I guess Hammer Arm also hits Ferrothorn now that I think about it). Maybe Heatran would be good, or if you're feeling adventurous you could use Chandelurr or Infernape ;)

Excellent. I wanted a late-game sweeper and Metagross fit the bill perfectly, much bulkier than Mega Gallade or Mega Lopunny. Metagross gets beaten by Talonflame, Landorus- Therian, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Heatran, Bisharp, both Mega Charizard's and probably Mega Sableye & Mega Slowbro. What beats most of them pretty well? Rotom- Wash. Barring probably the Charizard's, Sableye, Slowbro (kind of) and Ferrothorn everything else gets beaten. So Rotom- Wash would make a good teammate.

I posted some Alpha Sapphire progress, feel free to read. I'll probably post every gym or 2 provided I remember, so we'll see. But I'm loving the game so far. Anyway, nice replay's guys so far, hoping to add my own soon :).

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
To our breeders (and other members): any of you has a Field egg group male Pokémon with IVs for HP Ice?

Such as my Manectric with Hp-Ice? If you need a Pokemon to breed with, I could lend you my Manectric.

Or breed what you need in general.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I've been reading some of our previous posts, from ages ago (like from page 127). Aah the nostalgia... yeah I misclicked the page button, ended up on page 817 and got hooked. What an interesting bunch we are.

I don't really have much to add. I'll probably go play some Alpha Sapphire now and try and decide my Hunter race since Undead really doesn't fit but has such awesome emotes. It's between them, Blood Elves and Orcs (the only 3 Horde races that wear shoes bar Goblins, who're ugly anyway and don't fit as Hunters). I'm also reconsidering Monks, since they just seem fun.

Mega Typhlosion

Such as my Manectric with Hp-Ice? If you need a Pokemon to breed with, I could lend you my Manectric.

Yes exactly like that because I also want it for a Manectric lol Thanks, I'll get back to you if I feel I really need it. I'm trying to make a team around Mega Blaziken for the Battle of Hoenn competition, but a singles team is a nightmare for me.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
So now that we (finally) have a full war team, can we challenge another guild to a war?

In bed all day still sick and nothing to do but finish the pokedex, currently 705/720 15 more and I gat my shiny charm bwahahaha! Also I updated the ban list so please be sure to check it out I am writing up notes so please if you have not signed up please do so.

Where is the ruleset? I can't find it.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
So now that we (finally) have a full war team, can we challenge another guild to a war?

Sure, why not? Any particular guild we wish to war with?

Yes exactly like that because I also want it for a Manectric lol Thanks, I'll get back to you if I feel I really need it. I'm trying to make a team around Mega Blaziken for the Battle of Hoenn competition, but a singles team is a nightmare for me.

The Battle of Hoenn? What's that?

I was looking for an Electrike in the DexNav for an hour last night, found more ****ing Plusle than anything else. I found 2 Electrike - the first was nothing special, the second was Sassy and had Fire Fang. I've settled on a Lonely one I caught in the grass anyway, but it was so annoying. I might try and look for one again today, we'll see. Brawly was easy to beat - Beldum one-shot everything with Zen Headbutt. Granite Cave is very small isn't it now? I didn't like that. At least Flash is still a TM.

I need to build my ORAS OU team, should in theory be doing that today. Got my uncle coming round later to play World of Warcraft with me so I don't think I'll be around much later on. Still trying to choose my class - it's between Hunter and Monk still. Monks don't pull off that great DPS at the moment especially compared to their hybrid counterparts. Hunters deal amazing damage, have good mobility and have decent survivability but are overpopulated and I fear can get a little bit boring. I won't play a Rogue until I get heirlooms, so that's ruled out. Shamans pull worse damage than Monks, and Mages lack the mobility of Hunters.

Last edited:

Romeo32

I'm really excited for this, it's time to make a name for ourselves! Submerged Embassy and Eternian Forces are currently warring so they're out, and Pixelf Dreams doesn't even have a war team, so they're out too. So that means we can only really choose from Veneno Oscuridad and Dracanea (I hope I'm spelling all of these right). I'd kind of prefer VE because honestly based on both clans' war histories they seem more beatable, not trying to bash them or anything. We also might want to find some subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.