• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Nice battle! That said, I did notice that you have no way of possibly handling Mega-Beedrill once it's set up on your team. It gains momentum quite easily and can deal with Heatran using Drill Run and or U-turn to gain the advantage of a switch. Protect variants in specific are an issue for your team, since they do outspeed +1 DD Altaria and hit her hard with boosted Poison Jab for the KO. Yes, Landorus-T is your check to them, however they gain the advantage through the before mentioned U-Turn and can come in with a check and/or counter to him.

Giving Bisharp LO may help, as I noticed the lack of power cost you Bisharp when using Sucker Punch against a Magneton, since it can gain your set more power and help you score more KOs. Scarfed Landorus-T could also help since it can come in against more of your threats to either scare-switch them out or revenge them, thus gaining you more momentum.

Yeah Beedrill is a problem but between Bisharp, Heatran and Landorus- Therian it's not a huge problem. It it does though then I'll perhaps look at something more definitive to deal with it. I run BlackGlasses on Bisharp although I'm looking at Assault Vest since it's getting 2HKOed by Latias for god's sake. I'd run TTar but I need the priority from Sucker Punch. I won't use Scarf Landorus, since I need it for hazards. I have Healing Wish Latias now; no problem for Landorus to be weakened too much since if need be I'll Healing Wish it back up.

Snivy finished a team… It's a Christmas Miracle!!!

Will you be ready for the war then?

Yeah, you bet! I haven't heard from the other war team members though as to who they want to war with. Might end up just warring whoever it was you said (I can't remember who).

Romeo32

Yeah, you bet! I haven't heard from the other war team members though as to who they want to war with. Might end up just warring whoever it was you said (I can't remember who).
Me and Ekans both want to war Veno Oscuridad. The other two war team members seem to have been really inactive lately so that might be a problem :/

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Me and Ekans both want to war Veno Oscuridad. The other two war team members seem to have been really inactive lately so that might be a problem :/

I'll participate if you don't mind my filling in?

Romeo32

If you actually want to be on the war team you have to be tested by Snivy Trainer since he's the leader, I'm not sure how subs are chosen, but based on what I've seen from you I think you'd be qualified.

Mega Typhlosion

Good luck with the war. We should really challenge other guilds, even if we lose, we must make a name for ourselves and give the others a game. We have good trainers so we should be able to make our mark ;)

I'm planning my Battle of Hoenn team and I'll start to breed it. I gave up on Mega Blaziken for two reasons:

1 - I'll run Mega Aggron since it is a solid counter to Mega Salamence. Fire Blast fails to 2HKO with the right investment. EQ fails the 2HKO on Aggron even with a positive nature at +1, and with little investment, Ice Punch OHKOes Salamence after SR or some recoil from Double Edge.

2 - Mega Blaziken needs full investment and a neutral nature to OHKO Mega Salamence with HP Ice. Life Orb Blaziken OHKOes with 4 EVs. The Speed may be troublesome, but I want to be able to handle Mega Salamence once it comes in. That thing is a nightmare and I want to make sure I have more than one way of dealing with it.

Other members will include Mega Manectric (not sure if running HP Grass for Swampert, HP Ice for Flygon and Mence or Protect to Mega Evolve safely), Azumarill (it's always useful), and two others I haven't decided yet. If you have any suggestions, feel free. Remember, only Hoenn Dex Pokémon and no more Megas. Gardevoir and the Lati twins are interesting choices as is bulky Gyarados. I may need something to counter Breloom. Magic Bounce Xatu may work if I can avoid a Rock Tomb...

Romeo32

It looks like Dracanea and VO are actually going to war each other, so basically we're SOL unless it doesn't work out between them :(

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
What does SOL mean?

So Out of Luck

Anyway, I'd like to be tested whenever possible. In my last guild, I was leader of the War Team, but because I had to leave for Basic Training, I had to relinquish my post as Guild Leader. If joining the War team helps, I'm all for it! :)

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
So Out of Luck

Anyway, I'd like to be tested whenever possible. In my last guild, I was leader of the War Team, but because I had to leave for Basic Training, I had to relinquish my post as Guild Leader. If joining the War team helps, I'm all for it! :)
Exactly what kind of Basic Training?

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Good luck with the war. We should really challenge other guilds, even if we lose, we must make a name for ourselves and give the others a game. We have good trainers so we should be able to make our mark ;)

I'm planning my Battle of Hoenn team and I'll start to breed it. I gave up on Mega Blaziken for two reasons:

1 - I'll run Mega Aggron since it is a solid counter to Mega Salamence. Fire Blast fails to 2HKO with the right investment. EQ fails the 2HKO on Aggron even with a positive nature at +1, and with little investment, Ice Punch OHKOes Salamence after SR or some recoil from Double Edge.

2 - Mega Blaziken needs full investment and a neutral nature to OHKO Mega Salamence with HP Ice. Life Orb Blaziken OHKOes with 4 EVs. The Speed may be troublesome, but I want to be able to handle Mega Salamence once it comes in. That thing is a nightmare and I want to make sure I have more than one way of dealing with it.

Other members will include Mega Manectric (not sure if running HP Grass for Swampert, HP Ice for Flygon and Mence or Protect to Mega Evolve safely), Azumarill (it's always useful), and two others I haven't decided yet. If you have any suggestions, feel free. Remember, only Hoenn Dex Pokémon and no more Megas. Gardevoir and the Lati twins are interesting choices as is bulky Gyarados. I may need something to counter Breloom. Magic Bounce Xatu may work if I can avoid a Rock Tomb...

Again, what is this Battle for Hoenn? It looks interesting. Is it singles?

Of course not, the more the merrier (and the easier it is for me). You'll need to fill out the sign-up form, and then I'll test you on Showdown. I haven't really gotten round to saying who can and can't be on the war team since we literally have only just gotten a full team, and we have no subs. So depending on how well you do depends on how often you'll participate in wars. I'll try of course to rotate everyone about - looking ahead to coming wars some of the team isn't very active, so you'll probably be on the team provided you're active and I'll probably base who's on the team on activity.

Excellent. Fill out the sign-up form of the first page, I'll test you and we're good to go. As I said in my above paragraph. Nice to see we have a previous War Team leader too, could use some experience on the team.

Well I've had a slightly uneventful day, and so haven't played World of Warcraft or ORAS. I haven't decided on a class to play in WoW, but I have decided to continue looking for Electrike in the DexNav rather than settle for my current one.

Mega Typhlosion

Again, what is this Battle for Hoenn? It looks interesting. Is it singles?

It's the WiFi Tournament that it's going to be on in January. It's Battle Spot Singles, Hoenn Dex only.

Also, I'd like to remember Land Sector Members that the Christmas Battling Season is on, so get your teams ready and do some battles. There's a free 5IV Pokémon once you reach Golett Rank.

Last edited:

Romeo32

It's the WiFi Tournament that it's going to be on in January. It's Battle Spot Singles, Hoenn Dex only.

Also, I'd like to remember Land Sector Members that the Christmas Battling Season is on, so get your teams ready and do some battles. There's a free 5IV Pokémon once you reach Golett Rank.
No one has reported a battle for a while, huh? I'm pretty much always ready to accept challenges either on PS or WiFi, so if anyone's interested VM me. I'll teach you Land Sector thugs a lesson ;)

Last edited:

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I would like to donate these pokemon

Username: LynxForte
Timezone & Availability to trade: Now, through most of the day
Pokémon: Tangela
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Relaxed
Level: 1
Ability: Regenerator
IVs:31/X/31/31/31/31
Moves:Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Natural Gift, Giga Drain

Pokémon: Piplup
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Calm
Level: 1
Ability: Torrent
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/X
Moves: Pound

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
Hey guys so update I'm still sick and huge headaches prevent me from touching my ds, even with the 3d set low so ima try my best to be on as much as I can and get done with those darn delibirds lol

also we need 6 more members for the tht League to stand at an even 8 player play off battle so if you haven't signed up please do so! The first season kicks off Jan 11 pst 11:59 a.m (gmt-8) any more info please go to to page 903-906 for tht leauge post, thank you.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hey guys so update I'm still sick and huge headaches prevent me from touching my ds, even with the 3d set low so ima try my best to be on as much as I can and get done with those darn delibirds lol

also we need 6 more members for the tht League to stand at an even 8 player play off battle so if you haven't signed up please do so! The first season kicks off Jan 11 pst 11:59 a.m (gmt-8) any more info please go to to page 903-906 for tht leauge post, thank you.

I'd do it except I won't have everything done by the 11th. I can't beat the game, get the 6 Pokemon I need and then IV/Egg move breed them as well as then EV train them in time.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-197819484

Status
Not open for further replies.