• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
Hey guys so update I'm still sick and huge headaches prevent me from touching my ds, even with the 3d set low so ima try my best to be on as much as I can and get done with those darn delibirds lol

also we need 6 more members for the tht League to stand at an even 8 player play off battle so if you haven't signed up please do so! The first season kicks off Jan 11 pst 11:59 a.m (gmt-8) any more info please go to to page 903-906 for tht leauge post, thank you.

I've just reset my alpha sapphire, so I'll try to be ready by then. If I haven't signed up for the league yet, i'll find the forms neccesary. Also, does anyone have a tornaderus they could trade me (if this is the wrong place to ask just tell me).

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well Scizor seemed like a good replacement for Bisharp on my team. Whilst I now lack a switch-in to Ghost type attacks the reliable priority, powerful U- Turn and whatnot makes up for it, plus with Superpower I can bop Heatran. I'm also running EQ over Substitute/Refresh on Altaria since Heatran is the usual switch-in to it, and it 0HKOes most variants after some prior damage. Latias is going strong although I may run Life Orb over Leftovers for more power. We'll see. It's a pretty decent team so far, liking how it works so far.

I'm probably going to be rolling with the Monk for World of Warcraft. The sub-par burst is irksome, but I can only hope by the time I get to Level 100 and look for gear the game will have buffed the class some more and made them better. I am still considering stuff to be honest, so it may not happen. Hunter is an option due to mobility but they're so overpopulated... Paladins are better than Monks at the moment but I cannot play one (as much as I'd like to). Mages have such poor survivability. I don't know...

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Because I'm due to return to AIT(Army training) soon, I figured I'd at least sign up for and attempt the Battle of Hoenn tournament. That said, my team is as previewed below:

mega_salamence_sprite_by_zwynx-d83o80y.png
megametagross_sprite_by_bryancct-d7qnlj0.png
Raichu_by_ReaperNeku.png
TorkoalXY.gif
weezing.png
635085439804995604.png

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
It's on page 904.

Is Greninja being banned or are you just banning those 2 moves?

Only the two moves are banned on grenninja but if it's not on the banned list then it's free to use. Also jan 11 is the goal I have set to kick things off but if more time is needed then that's fine, also any other suggestions are welcomed as I want this to work for all players. Currently at 10 members in the leauge.

Also do not think your invincible! I thought I was and now I'm sick ;-; take every precaution and what not to not get sick this winter season, this has been a public service announcement

Mega Typhlosion

I would like to donate these pokemon

Username: LynxForte
Timezone & Availability to trade: Now, through most of the day
Pokémon: Tangela
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Relaxed
Level: 1
Ability: Regenerator
IVs:31/X/31/31/31/31
Moves:Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Natural Gift, Giga Drain

Pokémon: Piplup
Nature: Calm
Ability: Torrent
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/X
Moves: Pound

Donations accepted. I'll be around all day. You get 11 SP.

Because I'm due to return to AIT(Army training) soon, I figured I'd at least sign up for and attempt the Battle of Hoenn tournament. That said, my team is as previewed below:

mega_salamence_sprite_by_zwynx-d83o80y.png
megametagross_sprite_by_bryancct-d7qnlj0.png
Raichu_by_ReaperNeku.png
TorkoalXY.gif
weezing.png
635085439804995604.png

Yay, someone else going for Battle Spot Competitions!
The team sounds interesting, especially Torkoal, but how do you plan on dealing with opposing Mega Salamences? You can't revenge kill them (unless Raichu has HP Ice, a Choice Scarf and Salamence has no DDance yet) and even Weezing and Torkoal are 2HKOed by unboosted Double-Edge. So if it manages a DDance, it sweeps your team. I can see burns from Torkoal/Weezing helping, but then both become basically set up bait and Salamence can get another DDance and nullify the burn. Not to mention that some versions run SubRoost or Refresh. If it hacks EQ/Fire Blast, Mega Metagross with Ice Punch can counter it, but since Salamence is everywhere, it means that you will have to go with Metagross as a mega 80% of the time.

Weezing can be a good idea for another thing I'm having trouble with which is Belly Drum Azumarill, since Manectric gets OHKOed by Aqua Jet then. Weezing avoids the 2HKO from everything but Waterfall and can burn or even KO back if it lacks a Sitrus Berry.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hope everyone's having a good day; I'm battling on Showdown quite a bit with my team and it's working pretty well. Very glad I added Latias and Scizor to the team. I notice I don't use Stone Edge much on Landorus- T and I don't really use Protect much on Heatran. I think maybe I should switch moves on them (Knock Off > Stone Edge on Landorus- T and something like Taunt > Protect on Heatran).

I'm going to be playing some WoW today - I'll finally sort my Pandaren Rogue out and send all my items to it for any future character I have. A friend of mine in the game (no idea who he really is) has offered to give me some gold on any new character I make if I join the Alliance on his PvP server. I don't know if I'll do it; I like the Horde too much. I haven't settled on a race - I will probably only be doing DPS so I might as well pick a class that has 2 DPS specs at least - I'm thinking Mage or Hunter. Monk is cool but I'd have to dual spec into a Tank or Healer spec which I don't really like. I don't know.

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
Hey guys, sorry for slight inactivity. It is the holidays ya know :p

Just waded through like 5 pages of posts. First off, I signed up to join the war team but I have yet to be tested and at this point I think I should just be a sub.

Second, I'd like to make sure that I am signed up for the THT League as I'm too lazy to find that page/post. Why isn't it in one of the OPs?

Lastly, it seems I'm not getting ORAS for Christmas. It's painful watching another person open it and then ask me later "how to get those extra pokemon after the 6 in his team" (the pc box) or not knowing that the pokemon he took at the beginning would become his. ;_;

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hey guys, sorry for slight inactivity. It is the holidays ya know :p

Just waded through like 5 pages of posts. First off, I signed up to join the war team but I have yet to be tested and at this point I think I should just be a sub.

That's cool. Anyway if you want to be tested shoot me a VM if there's a specific time you want to battle and I'll see if I'm free. Since we have a full team you'll probably be a sub at the moment although as previously said some of the team have disappeared... not great but we'll sort it out.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
I would like to donate a Pokémon!

Username: Ponymon
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT+0, I can trade later today
Pokémon: Croagunk
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Adaptability
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves: Scratch (I think, don't have my 3DS on me but whatever its default move is), Drain Punch, Fake Out

I've got loads of these because I was breeding for a Dry Skin one... I'd better get started making a team for the League, I have a 6IV Ninjask which I bred a while ago and also my Swampert but apart from those I don't have any (self bred since I tend not to use Pokemon that I haven't bred myself) competitive Pokemon from the Hoenn Dex

Kitt Geekazaru

Infernape Trainer
That's cool. Anyway if you want to be tested shoot me a VM if there's a specific time you want to battle and I'll see if I'm free. Since we have a full team you'll probably be a sub at the moment although as previously said some of the team have disappeared... not great but we'll sort it out.

Sounds good; what will the test entail? If it's one battle then I could probably do it now.

Mega Typhlosion

I would like to donate a Pokémon!

Username: Ponymon
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT+0, I can trade later today
Pokémon: Croagunk
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Adaptability
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31
Moves: Scratch (I think, don't have my 3DS on me but whatever its default move is), Drain Punch, Fake Out

I've got loads of these because I was breeding for a Dry Skin one... I'd better get started making a team for the League, I have a 6IV Ninjask which I bred a while ago and also my Swampert but apart from those I don't have any (self bred since I tend not to use Pokemon that I haven't bred myself) competitive Pokemon from the Hoenn Dex

Donation accepted. You get 7 SPs ;) VM me when you're availale to trade.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
A friend of mine in the game has decided he wants to play a Mage, and I've convinced him to play a Horde one (so he'll be playing a Troll Mage). I'll be playing an Orc Hunter alongside him since I like Orcs as Hunters over any other class except Warlocks and Warriors. So that's sorted my problem out quite nicely.

Does the DexNav work in caves by the way? I never found anything in Dewford Cave and I looked.

LynxForte

The Phoenix
I'm going to be breeding a lot of different mons over the next couple of weeks; i know we already have people designated as breeders, but if anyone wants any particular pokemon, just let me know.

Spacial

procrastination
DexNav does work in caves, I've searched for things and found them with it multiple times. Maybe its just deciding not to work.

Most people here like to breed our own Pokemon really, I certainly do, I think the breeding shop is really there for those who don't like to

Mega Typhlosion

DexNav does work in caves, I've searched for things and found them with it multiple times. Maybe its just deciding not to work.

Most people here like to breed our own Pokemon really, I certainly do, I think the breeding shop is really there for those who don't like to

Yes I confirm it works in caves.

And the breeding shop is there for that and to breed you the parents that you'll use to breed your own ;)

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly
I love wonder trade just got me a German 6iv adamant ditto :) now I have a modest and adamant bwahahaha currently finishing up delibirds and then I can bring out adamant pidgeys and weedles.

So SOL stands for So Out of Luck? Just my luck. My name stands for unlucky hehe.

For Christmas I got an Xbox 360 with Skyrim legendary edition (thinking of Snivy here), a bunch of cool stuff which I won't talk about because it has no relevance to any member of the guild, and £100 + , enough to buy ORAS (was gonna get it today but plans changed). I'll tell y'all when l get it

Romeo32

Maybe we should add some kind of rule regarding inactivity for members of the war team. Maybe after a week of inactivity you get demoted to a sub or something. Considering that we're actively looking for a war having two inactive members is highly disadvantageous to us.

I've been thinking of ideas for a Mega Steelix team. Sure he's not the best or most viable Mega in OU, but I want to give him a chance to shine (plus his design is amazing). So far I know that I'll need either T-Tar or Hippowdon for sand, and a cleric of some sort would be very useful considering Steelix often has to take a hit before it can do anything and it's highly susceptible to burns. I might run Trick Room somewhere as well but I'm not sure yet, any help/advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.