• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of my activity (which I can't do anything about atm) I wanted to be a sub anyway. When we get another war team member I'd like a downgrade.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Donations accepted. I'll be around all day. You get 11 SP.

Yay, someone else going for Battle Spot Competitions!
The team sounds interesting, especially Torkoal, but how do you plan on dealing with opposing Mega Salamences? You can't revenge kill them (unless Raichu has HP Ice, a Choice Scarf and Salamence has no DDance yet) and even Weezing and Torkoal are 2HKOed by unboosted Double-Edge. So if it manages a DDance, it sweeps your team. I can see burns from Torkoal/Weezing helping, but then both become basically set up bait and Salamence can get another DDance and nullify the burn. Not to mention that some versions run SubRoost or Refresh. If it hacks EQ/Fire Blast, Mega Metagross with Ice Punch can counter it, but since Salamence is everywhere, it means that you will have to go with Metagross as a mega 80% of the time.

Weezing can be a good idea for another thing I'm having trouble with which is Belly Drum Azumarill, since Manectric gets OHKOed by Aqua Jet then. Weezing avoids the 2HKO from everything but Waterfall and can burn or even KO back if it lacks a Sitrus Berry.

Salamence are surprisingly not an issue. They hate dealing with both Torkoal and Weezing, but most of all hate Azumarill, since even with -1 Attack, he scores a KO with Play Rough, or near death thereof. Weezing has Destiny Bond as well, so they have to choose between KOing it or being hit with a WoW and be crippled. Clear Smog also helps alot since it erases stat boosts of everything they attempt, making her even more annoying to handle. The real threat to my team is Mega Latios, as it can outspeed and KO almost everything on my team. DD variants are even more concerning if I don't predict them to be a physical attacker.

Last edited:

The Exalt

Original
hey guys and girls! Ive been so inactive the past like year because I've been so busy with school and everything. So uh I was wondering if anyone has a Goodra they can trade me? I just need it for my living dex. Thanks!

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Guys I have some good news and bad news.

Good News: I got SSB for xmas!

Bad News: Didn't get ORAS

More Bad News: I'm leaving the guild, I don't have the time sadly to be battling competitive, so sorry about that. Fire hero I believe I still have the froakie from the shop, so pm me when you are ready for me to give it back. Still active on serebii don't worry.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty

More Bad News: I'm leaving the guild, I don't have the time sadly to be battling competitive, so sorry about that. Fire hero I believe I still have the froakie from the shop, so pm me when you are ready for me to give it back. Still active on serebii don't worry.

Sad to see you go man, hope we can talk to you again sometime.

Guys we're going to war! We're warring Submerged Embassy (I know many of you wanted to war Veneno Oscuridad, but I got a VM from ger9119 asking and we need to war someone). Hope you're ready. Justinjiaxinghu hasn't been on for a while and I need to test a couple of you (Kitt, CedOmega, etc.) so you'll both be subs regardless. But I do need to test you so VM me a time ASAP.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield

Guys we're going to war! We're warring Submerged Embassy (I know many of you wanted to war Veneno Oscuridad, but I got a VM from ger9119 asking and we need to war someone). Hope you're ready. Justinjiaxinghu hasn't been on for a while and I need to test a couple of you (Kitt, CedOmega, etc.) so you'll both be subs regardless. But I do need to test you so VM me a time ASAP.
I've been waiting seven months for this! Let's do this!

The Last Jedi

Stalling is Cowardly

You don't have to be competitive to stay here, just kick back enjoy the guild and have some fun, no need to be battling all the time, I don't even battle that much lol just enjoy the kickbackness which I now make into a word!

Romeo32

It's happening! The Submerged Embassy will get no sympathy from me! Hopefully I can finish up my Mega Steelix team by then, Showdown's acting wonky atm so I haven't been able to test my initial build but I think it looks promising.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
It's happening! The Submerged Embassy will get no sympathy from me! Hopefully I can finish up my Mega Steelix team by then, Showdown's acting wonky atm so I haven't been able to test my initial build but I think it looks promising.
Of course. We fight for our friends after all.

So I got FE: Awakening for Christmas and have fallen in love with the series. After playing for a while, I learned characters can get more powerful support relationships. I just got Fredrick and Cordelia S-Rank, and no other image can describe how I feel:
14%2B-%2B1

Mega Typhlosion

Most of us are not that competitive to be honest, there is no obligation of being a competitive battler to be here (as you can see from most of us), you don't need to leave for that reason...

Salamence are surprisingly not an issue. They hate dealing with both Torkoal and Weezing, but most of all hate Azumarill, since even with -1 Attack, he scores a KO with Play Rough, or near death thereof. Weezing has Destiny Bond as well, so they have to choose between KOing it or being hit with a WoW and be crippled. Clear Smog also helps alot since it erases stat boosts of everything they attempt, making her even more annoying to handle. The real threat to my team is Mega Latios, as it can outspeed and KO almost everything on my team. DD variants are even more concerning if I don't predict them to be a physical attacker.

Destiny Bond and Clear Smog may do the trick actually, so it becomes less of a threat. Azumarill is also 2HKOed so you basically have no counters and once Mega Mence gets a DD up you'll have to sacrifice someone to bring it down. To be honest, there aren't any "counters" available in the Hoenn Dex and the closest thing I've found is Mega Aggron. Well, as long as you have a way to stop it (like Weezing), it should be okay.

On another note, just lost twice in a row to rain teams on BS Doubles with my VGC team... so I'll add something that seems to annihilate the common rain abusers (Politoed, Ludicolo, Mega Swampert, Rotom-W, Kingdra). I'm going for Weakness Policy Lapras. Found the idea on another forum and Lapras hits Ludicolo, Salamence, Garchomp, Swampert and Kingdra for 4x damage with Freeze Dry, while avoiding KOes from stuff like Garchomp Rock Slide and Choice Specs Rotom-W Thunderbolt. These moves activate WP and allow me to hit with this amazing move that is Freeze Dry. A +2 Ice Shard is also a very nice priority move to pick up faster Dragons and even Swampert and Ludicolo that take neutral damage from it.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Aah love the enthusiasm guys! We'll do alright with this war, I have faith. Lets do this!

I managed to get my Orc Hunter to Level 14 today thanks to my friend playing alongside me. I'll probably make a second class to play when he's not about (which is rare) so that's cool. I'll make it a melee class this time and probably a hybrid - either a Paladin or a Monk. I'm thinking the former might be interesting to play, so I'll probably do that. It's going good guys!

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-198283750

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Of course. We fight for our friends after all.

So I got FE: Awakening for Christmas and have fallen in love with the series. After playing for a while, I learned characters can get more powerful support relationships. I just got Fredrick and Cordelia S-Rank, and no other image can describe how I feel:
14%2B-%2B1

Ahh I love that game! Frederick and Cordelia are actually quite a good match. Stahl is the bæ though haha he's really cute :3

Ooh a war! Finally THT is emerging from its cocoon and will hopefully sprout into a beautiful little battling Beautifly! Is it okay for me to be tested since there's space on the team, I'm totally fine with just being a sub but I don't want to miss out if there's a war so even if I don't get into the team it'd like to have a shot at it :3

I've made a little mish-mash team for the THT League out of Pokemon that I've gotten from Wonder Trading leftovers, now I just have to breed them nicely.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Ooh a war! Finally THT is emerging from its cocoon and will hopefully sprout into a beautiful little battling Beautifly! Is it okay for me to be tested since there's space on the team, I'm totally fine with just being a sub but I don't want to miss out if there's a war so even if I don't get into the team it'd like to have a shot at it :3

Sure, I'm on now if you want to be tested. I have a full team at the moment, but we'll see who's active and when.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-198325344 --> oh my god what a close match...

Spacial

procrastination
I would like to join the War Team. Just realised there's a form sorry. I'm on Showdown now if you want to battle.
Username: Ponymon
Pokémon Showdown username: Ponymon THT
Timezone & Availability: now
Your Favourite Hoenn character (e.g. gym leaders, E4 members, etc. - please don't use the same as other people): Flannery

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I would like to join the War Team. Just realised there's a form sorry. I'm on Showdown now if you want to battle.
Username: Ponymon
Pokémon Showdown username: Ponymon THT
Timezone & Availability: now
Your Favourite Hoenn character (e.g. gym leaders, E4 members, etc. - please don't use the same as other people): Flannery

Thank you! And I'm waiting on there now.

I made an Undead Monk in WoW to play when my friend isn't online (since I don't know if he minds if I continue my Hunter when he's not about). I don't like the damage output they do though (although the mobility is wonderful). But since I have my Hunter I feel more relaxed about choosing a class, so I'll choose something else to play whilst I'm on my own. I'm thinking probably a Warrior or Paladin (since they have nice mobility and deal good damage). I'd like to try a Paladin again, so yeah.

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I'm personally excited for the war. Given, I'm more excited for it to be soon for me to be more available to battle, but I'm ready!! ^_^

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Been doing a few more battles with my ORAS OU team, nothing exciting. Might be a good idea to have 2 teams, so I'm going to be building another for backup. Might try stall/semi-stall this time though, or build around something not usually seen like Togekiss or Hawlucha. I might try a different Mega this time - Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, Mega Beedrill, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Pidgeot seem like cool options.

Starting a Night Elf Druid on World of Warcraft now, since I'd like to try being useful in battlegrounds.

Last edited:

Romeo32

Been doing a few more battles with my ORAS OU team, nothing exciting. Might be a good idea to have 2 teams, so I'm going to be building another for backup. Might try stall/semi-stall this time though, or build around something not usually seen like Togekiss or Hawlucha. I might try a different Mega this time - Mega Lopunny, Mega Gallade, Mega Beedrill, Mega Sharpedo and Mega Pidgeot seem like cool options.

Starting a Night Elf Druid on World of Warcraft now, since I'd like to try being useful in battlegrounds.
We should all have at least 2 teams, maybe 3 considering war matches are best 2 out of 3, we might as well bring different teams every time to keep our opponents on their toes.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
We should all have at least 2 teams, maybe 3 considering war matches are best 2 out of 3, we might as well bring different teams every time to keep our opponents on their toes.

Precisely. Not a fundamental requirement, but useful since they'll probably bring 2 teams with them. I should start building then! I'm debating between Mega Sableye, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Lopunny. Any ideas?

Romeo32

Precisely. Not a fundamental requirement, but useful since they'll probably bring 2 teams with them. I should start building then! I'm debating between Mega Sableye, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Lopunny. Any ideas?
In my experience Mega Pidgeot is kind of lackluster in OU, it might be fun to experiment with it sometime, but for a war we should build the most try hard team possible ;). I'd go for Lopunny if I were you, just because Mega Sableye requires a lot of set up and team support and I've never seen one actually sweep. Mega Lopunny would probably be a lot easier to build around since it doesn't require much support.

On a side note, do you know how Greninja will be handled in this war? If it starts before Smogon announces their decision will Greninja be allowed or not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.