• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have a distinct lack of a computer, and I only just got Omega Ruby, so no teams on that yet. I won't be able to participate in the war.

Just got my Adamant Shiny Beldum, and already on route 104 I've found a shiny Zigzagoon. I seem to have a lot of luck with random shinies.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
In my experience Mega Pidgeot is kind of lackluster in OU, it might be fun to experiment with it sometime, but for a war we should build the most try hard team possible ;). I'd go for Lopunny if I were you, just because Mega Sableye requires a lot of set up no team support and I've never seen one actually sweep. Mega Lopunny would probably be a lot easier to build around since it doesn't require much support.

On a side note, do you know how Greninja will be handled in this war? If it starts before Smogon announces their decision will Greninja be allowed or not?

Thanks for the advice. I may or may not follow it since I've been watching some YouTube videos and whatnot, but I appreciate it regardless. Mega Lopunny looks like my primary choice anyway. What teammates go well with it?

Anyway I would imagine that since the only OU matches Showdown is doing without challenging people is a suspect-test, I can only assume that Greninja will be banned for the war. I'll ask; nothing's been decided yet (need to discuss who's fighting and whatnot). Hoping to find all this out within the next few days.

My friend still hasn't come online yet; it's really bugging me. I want to play my Hunter! If he doesn't come online I'll make a Blood Elf one or something (might do it anyway...) since my Druid is kind of boring me (might make a Tauren one instead, screw Alliance). So it's either Tauren Druid or Blood Elf Hunter, I'll go with the former since if my friend doesn't come online but doesn't mind me chugging along anyway then I'll be able to play my Orc Hunter without him.

Romeo32

Thanks for the advice. I may or may not follow it since I've been watching some YouTube videos and whatnot, but I appreciate it regardless. Mega Lopunny looks like my primary choice anyway. What teammates go well with it?

Anyway I would imagine that since the only OU matches Showdown is doing without challenging people is a suspect-test, I can only assume that Greninja will be banned for the war. I'll ask; nothing's been decided yet (need to discuss who's fighting and whatnot). Hoping to find all this out within the next few days.

My friend still hasn't come online yet; it's really bugging me. I want to play my Hunter! If he doesn't come online I'll make a Blood Elf one or something (might do it anyway...) since my Druid is kind of boring me (might make a Tauren one instead, screw Alliance). So it's either Tauren Druid or Blood Elf Hunter, I'll go with the former since if my friend doesn't come online but doesn't mind me chugging along anyway then I'll be able to play my Orc Hunter without him.
Honestly I'm kind of terrible at team building, most of the teams I make get destroyed by common threats and I end up scrapping them. Luckily I've been able to find s couple teams from RMTs that I like, so at least my poor team building skills won't be too much of an issue. After my Mega Steelix team ended up being next to useless I've just given up on making my own teams for a while. CedOmega is apparently pretty good at team building though, so it would probably be better to ask him. I do know that you'll want to have something on your team to kill fairies because Mega Lopunny can't really touch them.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Yeah, there're a few threats I need to deal with - Talonflame, Landorus- T, Gliscor, Slowbro, Skarmory and Mega Venusaur all being among them. I don't know what beats all of them; Talonflame, Skarmory and Venusaur all lose to Heatran, Talonflame, Skarmory, Landorus- T and Gliscor all lose to Rotom- Wash, etc.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Honestly I'm kind of terrible at team building, most of the teams I make get destroyed by common threats and I end up scrapping them. Luckily I've been able to find s couple teams from RMTs that I like, so at least my poor team building skills won't be too much of an issue. After my Mega Steelix team ended up being next to useless I've just given up on making my own teams for a while. CedOmega is apparently pretty good at team building though, so it would probably be better to ask him. I do know that you'll want to have something on your team to kill fairies because Mega Lopunny can't really touch them.

Mega Lopunny, AKA the Bæ, can handle Faries fairly easily depending on whether they're running a physically bulky set or specially bulky set. That said, she does miss out on a few heavy hits with Pokemon such as Gyarados and Landorus abusing wall spreads and Intimidate ability. Her ideal partners often include legends, which I try and avoid using this gen due to their easy usage.

Lopunny appreciates the teammates Rotom-W to take down the before mentioned Pokemon, and to include Talonflame. With this, You need something to remove grass types such as Celebi and Venusaur who laugh in Rotom-W's face and hit back heavily; not caring to be burned, etc.

Anything defensively equipped such as Celebi itself actually team well with Lopunny since it can set rocks, abuse Leech Seed, Baton Pass a Sub, spread paralysis, etc. It's all based upon personal preference in support-type. Celebi can also tank Psychic and Fighting type attacks that'd otherwise threaten Lopunny's wellbeing in battle.

Because of hazards, Defogers like Mandibuzz help Lopunny quite a bit. Immunity to Psychic attacks, substantially significant bulk and ability to self-replenish itself with Roost make it a great wall for her. Knock Off also means she can cripple the opponent with ease, since items make a set complete more often than not.

Last edited:

Wego

WeCounting Stars
Hey guys what I missed I have been MMing for shinies as of lately if you guys want a pokemon with great IVs and egg moves I may still have the type of pokemon you want.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
I'm going to be building another team as well. I like stall, so I'll probably build around M-Sableye. Any good partners?

Sableye hates Fairies, so SubProtect Heatran would make a good partner. Toxic stall and Lava Plume as a double status abuser makes it an idea partner since it can hit both physically offensive Pokemon with a burn and specially offensive Pokemon with being poisoned. Gliscor, Garchomp, and Landorus then become threats, so being vulnerable to Ground attacks as a whole make you turn towards Flying types.

That said, Skarmory makes for a great partner since it can take a hit from physically offensive Pokemon easily and set up againt the opposing team. Taunt Skarmory are absolutely amazing in the current Meta; where slow-moving Fairies utilize Cleric sets to replenish their teammates. Taunt, Roost, Stealth Rock & Brave Bird should do the trick.

Skarmory hates taking Fire, which is handled through Heatran to some extent, and Electric moves; leading me to suggest something that can take Electric moves easily and hit hard enough to force switches, or bulky enough to set up against them. Ideally, this would be something like Seismitoed for myself, however Swampert and Quagsire both fill the role efficiently.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Finally bothered to beat the pokemon league on AS. It was nice, as it wasn't as easy as the rest of the game. Steven was easy though.
So this means I'm gonna be starting my VGC team. So far i'm going with Mega-Camerupt and trick room Cressilia. Any other suggestions though?
After that i'll do my pokedex, which will be easier now since I actually got round to buying pokebank yay. And after that, i'll make an ORAS OU team.
That's literally my plan for ORAS.

Mega Typhlosion

Finally bothered to beat the pokemon league on AS. It was nice, as it wasn't as easy as the rest of the game. Steven was easy though.
So this means I'm gonna be starting my VGC team. So far i'm going with Mega-Camerupt and trick room Cressilia. Any other suggestions though?

Steven wasn't anything close to easy for me as Metagross nearly swept my team and I only won because the AI thought it would be a good idea to hit a MMash on my Mega Manectric instead of KOing with Zen Headbutt, which allowed me to go for an Overheat.

As for your team, you need ways to guarantee Cress pulls off Trick Room, so I'd run either:
1) A Fake Out user to lead and prevent opposing Taunt users from disrupting Cress;
2) A Follow Me/Rage Powder user to redirect the Taunts.
3) A Mental Herb on Cresselia (though Sitrus Berry is so good on her, I advise against this option);
4) All of the above (or two of them).

Then you have several Pokémon good at VGC and great Trick Room abusers, such as Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Conkeldurr, Azumarill, Heatran... You should also have a second Mega for when you see a bad matchup for Camerupt (like Rain teams), for which I strongly recommend Mega Mawile, which is a nuke in TR.
There is also space for a Prankster user like Thundurus, Meowstic-M, Whimsicott and Sableye since they don't care about TR. Talonflame is also great because priority is priority and BB will still strike first.
And finally you will need something that allows your team to work when TR is NOT active. Landorus-T and Hydreigon are interesting choices, because they are good enough to work outside TR, and because they outspeed Mega Khan, Garchomp, Salamence, the Lati twins and Charizard under TR.

On another note, what do you guys think about the new special season? Only berries allowed as items. I may try it but it goes totally against my playing style lol good thing is... no Megas, and no Mega Mawile or Khan! Bug Bite Scizor will be everywhere, Unnerve is nice to have, Incinerate is now actually a good move lol interesting.

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Nice to see so many people embracing alternate playstyles and whatnot for competitive, I'm trying to. I find Mega Lopunny is quite good but I think it's much more offensive then I'd be using it, so I'm scrapping the team before I actually start building it. I'd like to build a Stall team akin to what Ekans647 is building (around Mega Sableye I expect), or doing something entirely different. I prefer those bulky playstyles and Stall is the epitome of bulky teams, so yeah, why not? Plus Mega Medicham (a wallbreaker every Stall team fears) is pretty much walled by Sableye which is great for Stall to thrive. I don't know what I'll end up doing, but it'll be fun nonetheless.

I deleted my Orc Hunter I was going to be playing with my friend, and started a Blood Elf Hunter instead. I did a couple of bits wrong - I sent my bags across but they opened on a different character I then deleted. So I've now got a bunch of items and no space for other bits and pieces - not good. Another friend wanted me to start a Human Paladin, and once more I got to Level 5 before stopping since I can't play Paladins. I haven't actually gotten a class past Level 20 yet for a while now, so I need to do that soon. Hoping this Hunter will be it, if not it'll probably be a Monk, Rogue or Mage.

Last edited:

Romeo32

Nice to see so many people embracing alternate playstyles and whatnot for competitive, I'm trying to. I find Mega Lopunny is quite good but I think it's much more offensive then I'd be using it, so I'm scrapping the team before I actually start building it. I'd like to build a Stall team akin to what Ekans647 is building (around Mega Sableye I expect), or doing something entirely different. I prefer those bulky playstyles and Stall is the epitome of bulky teams, so yeah, why not? Plus Mega Medicham (a wallbreaker every Stall team fears) is pretty much walled by Sableye which is great for Stall to thrive. I don't know what I'll end up doing, but it'll be fun nonetheless.
I hate Stall so much. It's not fun to play against at all and I can't imagine how using it could be satisfying. It drags games out for way too long and takes very little skill to use (imo), but I guess it's effective nonetheless. There's no reason you should be worrying about Mega Medicham at all, literally no one uses it anymore because Mega Gallade is superior in every way other than immediate power, but due to his superior speed and not needing to rely on High Jump Kick Gallade has made Medicham obsolete in OU.

Spacial

procrastination
Can anybody suggest a set for either Banette or M-Banette? I bred a 5IV Adamant Shuppet with Knock Off and Destiny Bond but I can't access Smogon to see the suggested sets and I'm stumped for ideas... It should probably be Mega because of Prankster but idk what the best thing to go with is.

I've finished breeding/obtaining all but one of my Pokemon for the THT League, just need to train them. I need another Special Attacker and I don't know what to use.

Also got a Pokemon to donate

Username: Ponymon
Timezone & Availability to trade: GMT+0, now
Pokémon: Magnemite
Shiny (Y/N): N
Nature: Modest
Level: 1
Ability: Analytic
IVs: 31/X/31/31/31/31
Moves: Tackle

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Can anybody suggest a set for either Banette or M-Banette? I bred a 5IV Adamant Shuppet with Knock Off and Destiny Bond but I can't access Smogon to see the suggested sets and I'm stumped for ideas... It should probably be Mega because of Prankster but idk what the best thing to go with is.

I've finished breeding/obtaining all but one of my Pokemon for the THT League, just need to train them. I need another Special Attacker and I don't know what to use.

With Banette, Priority Thunder Wave and Shadow Sneak are very useful. Protect and/or Will-o-Wisp are also useful, however it initially comes down to preference. I preferred Shadow Sneak, Will-o-Wisp, Destiny Bond and Sucker Punch myself, however Sucker Punch could be subbed out for Knock Off. Protect is something very useful since Prankster doesn't kick in until the following turn after Mega Evolving.

Mega Typhlosion

Donation accepted. I'm on now ;)

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
I hate Stall so much. It's not fun to play against at all and I can't imagine how using it could be satisfying. It drags games out for way too long and takes very little skill to use (imo), but I guess it's effective nonetheless. There's no reason you should be worrying about Mega Medicham at all, literally no one uses it anymore because Mega Gallade is superior in every way other than immediate power, but due to his superior speed and not needing to rely on High Jump Kick Gallade has made Medicham obsolete in OU.

That's true. Mega Gallade also works well as a Stallbreaker I suppose due to immediate power, but I wouldn't rule out Mega Medicham. It's got a lot of power (100 base Attack boosted by Pure Power) and a more powerful STAB High Jump Kick, so it's just as good for breaking walls. Gallade excels better against more offensive teams than Medicham due to its Speed, and it can actually successfully boost its Attack via Swords Dance. Plus with Knock Off he achieves Dark + Fighting + Psychic unresisted combo.

Mega Typhlosion

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about launching a second edition of the THT Shiny Hunt... who would be interested in joining? I can promise a very tempting prize like the first time ;)

This time I'd let everyone choose their target from a set list of Pokémon to increase variety and to add some interest to competitive players as well.

Romeo32

Hey everyone, I'm thinking about launching a second edition of the THT Shiny Hunt... who would be interested in joining? I can promise a very tempting prize like the first time ;)

This time I'd let everyone choose their target from a set list of Pokémon to increase variety and to add some interest to competitive players as well.
Is the goal simply to be the first to find a shiny? That sounds like it could be fun, I'd be at a disadvantage because I haven't completed the national dex and I won't be doing that anytime soon, so no shiny charm for me ;_; , but I'd give it a shot anyways.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
So I'm thinking of running a Steel/Ghost/Dragon Core for my new team, with M-Sableye and Jirachi being the first two. What is a good defensive Dragon (aside from Latias, don't want another Psychic Pokémon on my team) and other good partner for the core?

With a $25 iTunes gift card I got for Christmas, I bough the ORAS Super Music Collection for $10. How my new iPad Mini couldn't handle downloading 160 songs all at once so I couldn't use it for about half a hour. However, I found a gem in the Eon Flute OST. I'm now using this to make my entrances and exits more mysterious.

Status
Not open for further replies.