• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
Ooh another shiny hunt yes please :p I haven't got the Shiny Charm or any intentions of getting it either, but I can test my luck again since when I won last time I didn't have the shiny charm :3 I doubt I'd win again but shiny hunts are great fun and something to do once you've finished ORAS.

Goodra is very good for Sp.D and takes advantage of the Assault Vest

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Steven wasn't anything close to easy for me as Metagross nearly swept my team and I only won because the AI thought it would be a good idea to hit a MMash on my Mega Manectric instead of KOing with Zen Headbutt, which allowed me to go for an Overheat.

As for your team, you need ways to guarantee Cress pulls off Trick Room, so I'd run either:
1) A Fake Out user to lead and prevent opposing Taunt users from disrupting Cress;
2) A Follow Me/Rage Powder user to redirect the Taunts.
3) A Mental Herb on Cresselia (though Sitrus Berry is so good on her, I advise against this option);
4) All of the above (or two of them).

Then you have several Pokémon good at VGC and great Trick Room abusers, such as Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Conkeldurr, Azumarill, Heatran... You should also have a second Mega for when you see a bad matchup for Camerupt (like Rain teams), for which I strongly recommend Mega Mawile, which is a nuke in TR.
There is also space for a Prankster user like Thundurus, Meowstic-M, Whimsicott and Sableye since they don't care about TR. Talonflame is also great because priority is priority and BB will still strike first.
And finally you will need something that allows your team to work when TR is NOT active. Landorus-T and Hydreigon are interesting choices, because they are good enough to work outside TR, and because they outspeed Mega Khan, Garchomp, Salamence, the Lati twins and Charizard under TR.

On another note, what do you guys think about the new special season? Only berries allowed as items. I may try it but it goes totally against my playing style lol good thing is... no Megas, and no Mega Mawile or Khan! Bug Bite Scizor will be everywhere, Unnerve is nice to have, Incinerate is now actually a good move lol interesting.

Thanks for the suggestions. Probably going to use Meowstic-M, as I assume it can learn Fake out and it has prankster. I also generally like meows tic. And I have a shiny one! Talonflame sounds great too, and I have a nice 6iv Gale Wings one just waiting to be used.
I would use follow me, but if I have the mental herb on cressilia I don't think i'll need it as it takes up a slot on my party.
Mega Mawile sounds like a good idea too. I never even considered having a backup mega to be honest, but as you mention it, it's a great idea.
And for pokemon to use when TR isn't active, I would use Hydreigon, but it's awfully weak to fairy and so far I have nothing that's an amazing counter to fairy. So I guess landorus-T.
This doesn't seem to be coming together to me tbh. Oh well.

So far for ideas I've got; M-Camerupt, Cressilia, Meowstic-M, Talonflame, Lanodorus-T and M-Mawile
Does that even work idek, i'm not very competitive...

Mega Typhlosion

Thanks for the suggestions. Probably going to use Meowstic-M, as I assume it can learn Fake out and it has prankster. I also generally like meows tic. And I have a shiny one! Talonflame sounds great too, and I have a nice 6iv Gale Wings one just waiting to be used.
I would use follow me, but if I have the mental herb on cressilia I don't think i'll need it as it takes up a slot on my party.
Mega Mawile sounds like a good idea too. I never even considered having a backup mega to be honest, but as you mention it, it's a great idea.
And for pokemon to use when TR isn't active, I would use Hydreigon, but it's awfully weak to fairy and so far I have nothing that's an amazing counter to fairy. So I guess landorus-T.
This doesn't seem to be coming together to me tbh. Oh well.

So far for ideas I've got; M-Camerupt, Cressilia, Meowstic-M, Talonflame, Lanodorus-T and M-Mawile
Does that even work idek, i'm not very competitive...

Those 6 are actually capable of working together, as they will all work regardless of TR. Although I would add another TR abuser because right now you only have one at a time (either one of the megas). Try to build that team on PS and play around a bit. Get to know them, see if it fits you, and take note of any issues you find. Then it's a matter of addressing them.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that there's at least 1 Pokémon that you'll almost never pick, so it means that you can free that slot for something more specific.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Hope everyone had a great New Year, here's to 2015 being a good one.

I haven't started building a new team for ORAS OU yet, but I'd like to soon. I'm thinking Stall but I'm not too sure, there're a lot of Mega Sableye teams going about right now and so Stall is really popular, so I might do something else. I need another ORAS OU team, probably going to build around an older Mega or something different.

I'm taking a break from WoW for a bit, whether it's just for today or for a few days depends. None of the classes appeal to me, neither do any of the races. I've tried so hard to find that once class that makes me feel awesome, and I haven't found it. Perhaps I tried too hard. I know I like high-mobility classes over ones that have to stand still to deal any damage since I often end up backpedaling to get away from enemies. The difference between melee and ranged doesn't really bother me - I like both and would like to improve as a ranged DPS but I find my playstyle is dominated by moving a lot (melee). Pet micromanagement isn't a huge deal for me, but I don't want to constantly be doing it. I like survivability.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
mm, I just need to think of sets for them all now :p
So, Fire Hero, were you saying that i should replace one with another trick room abuser? Or that I should keep it the same? I didn't really understand, sorry.

Still Doing the Delta episode on AS. It's dragging on a bit, having to fly around and battle a few people. To be honest i'll be glad when it's over and I can focus on other stuff. At least you get rayquaza at the end (I think).

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Am i correct in thinking that the shiny charm doesn't affect DexNav chaining? If so, im all in on this shiny hunt

DexNav is a random wild encounter and Shiny Charm only works on wild encounter Pokémon, so I'd assume it does.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield
So I completed my team. Here it is:

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

Any changes I should make? Any glaring flaws or types weaknesses I missed? Thanks.

Last edited:

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Putting helping hand on Cresselia, not sure whether to have it for Meowstic as well though.. Also, not sure which attacking moves for these two. Well, for meowstic it's either psychic or psyshock. Don't know which though. Psyshock seems to be more popular. But, are there more special or physical pokemon in VGC?

I sorted Camerupt anyway - I adapted a set Fire Hero sent to me on Skype.

323.gif
-->
323-mega.gif
[Insert Mega-Camerupt sprite here]

Rat-A-Tat @Cameruptite
Solid Rock --> Sheer Force
Quiet Nature (+SpA -Spe)
248 HP/252 SpA/8 SpD
~ Eruption
~ Protect
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power Grass

So, I chose Solid Rock because it seemed the most useful out of the abilities it had. That said, it will have Sheer Force when it mega evolves so it won't be too important.
For the nature I chose quiet over modest (what showdown suggested) because if i'm using camerupt for a trick room team I want to have as little speed as possible. Modest raises special attack, so I went for that stat being boosted, and speed being lowered. The EVs were smogon's suggested set.
Moveset is based off what Fire Hero suggested. Eruption works well in trick room, is a STAB, and hits both opponents which is good in doubles. Protect is apparently very useful in doubles, so hey I added it. Earth power is a ground type STAB. Doesn't hit both opponents, but eh, it was suggested. HP grass was originally HP ice, but I didn't really get why, so I replaced with grass because It covers camerupt's two weaknesses.

So? Is this actually okay?

EDIT: Mega Camerupt sprite didn't work UGh. Oh well.

Mega Typhlosion

Putting helping hand on Cresselia, not sure whether to have it for Meowstic as well though.. Also, not sure which attacking moves for these two. Well, for meowstic it's either psychic or psyshock. Don't know which though. Psyshock seems to be more popular. But, are there more special or physical pokemon in VGC?

I sorted Camerupt anyway - I adapted a set Fire Hero sent to me on Skype.

323.gif
-->
323-mega.gif
[Insert Mega-Camerupt sprite here]

Rat-A-Tat @Cameruptite
Quiet Nature (+SpA -Spe)
248 HP/252 SpA/8 SpD
~ Eruption
~ Protect
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power Grass

So, I chose Solid Rock because it seemed the most useful out of the abilities it had. That said, it will have Sheer Force when it mega evolves so it won't be too important.
For the nature I chose quiet over modest (what showdown suggested) because if i'm using camerupt for a trick room team I want to have as little speed as possible. Modest raises special attack, so I went for that stat being boosted, and speed being lowered. The EVs were smogon's suggested set.
Moveset is based off what Fire Hero suggested. Eruption works well in trick room, is a STAB, and hits both opponents which is good in doubles. Protect is apparently very useful in doubles, so hey I added it. Earth power is a ground type STAB. Doesn't hit both opponents, but eh, it was suggested. HP grass was originally HP ice, but I didn't really get why, so I replaced with grass because It covers camerupt's two weaknesses.

So? Is this actually okay?

EDIT: Mega Camerupt sprite didn't work UGh. Oh well.

It should work fine, but HP Grass only gets you past Swampert (of the common threats) and HP Ice gets you past Garchomp, Salamence, Sceptile and Landorus-T. HP is so weak that Water-types like Politoed and Milotic are hit harder by Earth Power.

Mega Typhlosion

Username: jyl5555 Wait for WHAT??? in AS its jlee
PS/PO name: wait.... jyl5555 for pokemon showdown... I don't have PO 'cause I have a Linux computer
3DS Friend Code: 1092-0393-9005
Desired Division: Sky
Favourite Pokemon: Torchic (not Grovyle)
Battle experience and favorite tier: Little and Ubers
Referrer: Myself
Time zone (GMT+/-): New York City/UTC-5H
About you: RUBBER DUCKIES!!!

U Didnt EVEn NOTICE!!! :( :( :(

I'm not the leader of your sector, but everything seems fine so you shall be accepted ;) Welcome.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
It should work fine, but HP Grass only gets you past Swampert (of the common threats) and HP Ice gets you past Garchomp, Salamence, Sceptile and Landorus-T. HP is so weak that Water-types like Politoed and Milotic are hit harder by Earth Power.

Oh, Okay! I'll stick with ice then :3 I thought it would have something to do with that. I'm not even gonna look at water types with cam erupt though, with that 4x Weakness.
So, camerupt so far;

323.png

Rat-A-Tat (Camerupt) @Cameruptite
Quiet Nature (+SpA -Spe)
248 HP/252 SpA/8 SpD
~ Eruption
~ Protect
~ Earth Power
~ Hidden Power Ice

Now I have to think of sets for the rest >o<

Welcome, Jyl5555. Is it okay if I just call you Jyl, or is Jlee better?

EDIT: Was originally going to have roost on talonflame, but in doubles/VGC it commonly doesn't. It has Will-O-Wisp/Protect/Quick Guard. Will-O-Wisp and Protect look good, but with roost I won't be able to get HP restoring, especially as Life Orb is suggested for doubles. I was thinking to get more priority moves in, as without Gale Wings boosting it, taloflame is sure to move last ..... :/ I'm actually thinking of going with something like Brave Bird/Roost/Protect/Will-O-Wisp and giving it leftovers. Idk...

EDIT 2: Settled with this one;

663.gif

Talonflame @Leftovers
Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 Spe
~ Brave Bird
~ Roost
~ Protect
~ Will-O-Wisp

On second thoughts, I am gonna add those extra speed EVs

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Yes! Talonflame does have considerable bulk! Nobody would listen to me on Showdown when I brought it up... It would probably be better to balance the speed and attack EVs a tiny bit more because the only move without priority is Will-O-Wisp which doesn't really need priority.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Yes! Talonflame does have considerable bulk! Nobody would listen to me on Showdown when I brought it up... It would probably be better to balance the speed and attack EVs a tiny bit more because the only move without priority is Will-O-Wisp which doesn't really need priority.
It's because they're all smogon noobs. I even used parts of a smogon set for this anyway XD
Will-O-Wisp won't have priority as it's in trick room. it will go last. I have all this speed so I can outspend other Gale Wings talonflame. But, i'll consider that.
Having trouble with meowstic and mawile.

Mawile set so far is;

303.gif
-->
303-mega.gif

Mawile @Mawilite
Intimidate
Brave Nature
252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD
~ Play Rough
~ Sucker Punch
~ Protect
~ Substitute / Iron Head

Not sure which one of these two moves to use. I would probably get more use out of iron head, but substitute can be good too!

EDIT: Where has the activity gone? This always happens to me omg

Last edited:

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Talonflame is surprisingly bulky, which no-one considers due to a) Charizard and Heatran are bulkier b) Talonflame has in theory a poor defensive typing due to a 4x weakness to Stealth Rock (although Charizard does too...). However since I can only assume this is Doubles then Rocks will almost never go up so it's fine. Rotom- Wash is still a popular choice in Doubles and any bulky Water type will break through your team easily and there's nothing you can do about it. This is TR right? Slowbro's a good TR setter, bulky with Regenerator and reliable recovery. Could work. Consider Celebi or another Grass type to break Water types (I say Celebi for TR). Heck, Slowbro + Amoonguss + Camerupt would be a cool trio, with a spare TR setter for support. I know nothing of Doubles, so this is probably incorrect but hey ho. Just my 2 cents.

I spent all day battleground grinding and finally getting a Paladin to Level 10, which I then proceeded to delete when I hated Retribution in battlegrounds. My Rogue did better as Assassination but awful as Subtlety, so I think my class will need to not be reliant on positioning and control and more about dealing a ton of damage very quickly. I have saved up just under 4000 honor points, which means after 1-2 more battlegrounds on my Rogue I'll have Heirloom shoulders and a weapon for my character. Just need to choose what character to buy it for.

Mega Typhlosion

It's because they're all smogon noobs. I even used parts of a smogon set for this anyway XD
Will-O-Wisp won't have priority as it's in trick room. it will go last. I have all this speed so I can outspend other Gale Wings talonflame. But, i'll consider that.
Having trouble with meowstic and mawile.

Mawile set so far is;

303.gif
-->
303-mega.gif

Mawile @Mawilite
Intimidate
Brave Nature
252 HP / 180 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD
~ Play Rough
~ Sucker Punch
~ Protect
~ Substitute / Iron Head

Not sure which one of these two moves to use. I would probably get more use out of iron head, but substitute can be good too!

EDIT: Where has the activity gone? This always happens to me omg

Iron Head is too valuable to kill Gardevoir and Sylveon so I'd go with that.
Snivy's remarks are well thought anyway... Rain teams can be tough as Politoed and Ludicolo are hard to take down. However, TR cancels their advantage and Meowstic will also cancel rain, so you may just be fine. If they end up troublesome, then there's something pretty rare but great which is Storm Drain Cradily. Can redirect Water moves from targeting Camerupt and will provide you grass coverage.

And yes, your posts scare people :p ahah

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Snivy's remarks are well thought anyway... Rain teams can be tough as Politoed and Ludicolo are hard to take down. However, TR cancels their advantage and Meowstic will also cancel rain, so you may just be fine. If they end up troublesome, then there's something pretty rare but great which is Storm Drain Cradily. Can redirect Water moves from targeting Camerupt and will provide you grass coverage.

Thank you :). I wasn't really talking about Rain teams, but the pretense is there. Shade mentioned a possible team being M-Camerupt, Cressilia, Meowstic-M, Talonflame, Lanodorus-T and M-Mawile, which is great except any bulky Water type breaks half the team. Camerupt, Talonflame and Landorus- T automatically lose basically, and the only thing wanting to switch into a powerful Water attack is Cresselia due to Meowstic's poor bulk and Mawile being used more as a sweeper over a switch-in. Hence I recommend a Slowbro. Good bulk and attacking power, beats most bulky Waters, etc. Grass types (Cradily is an interesting option, as is stuff like Jellicent and Gastrodon) do the same.

OK, I've narrowed my class choices down for World of Warcraft - Druid, Hunter, Monk and Warrior. These 4 classes are highly mobile, deal good damage and all appeal to me. Apparently Monks have poor survivability, but I'm not too sure. 2 of those classes - Druid and Monk - would use Agility Leather so I'll probably buy that as my shoulder heirloom (that or a cloth one for Mage/Warlock/Priest). So I guess I can remove Hunter and Warrior from the list. Druid would be easier to do since they don't dual wield however I don't get to see my gear, whereas Monks do. I think I'll go Monk. Just need to do more battlegrounds on my Rogue to buy the dual wield swords (since I won't have my Monk use a Staff).

Romeo32

Any updates on the war with SE? I think both sides have had plenty of time to prepare.

I gave up laddering on the Greninja suspect ladder, partly because I got haxed out of several easy wins and partly because I've been running into way too many stall teams lately and they just infuriate me, so I guess all I can do now is wait and see how the vote turns out :/

And welcome Jyl :)

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Any updates on the war with SE? I think both sides have had plenty of time to prepare.

ger9119 said he'd message me to discuss it, and I haven't received a message. If I don't get something by Sunday I'll message him about it.

Why can't you guys accept me properly? (To ninja eevee)

Well you're posting as if you're part of the guild already, might as well be accepted! Welcome to the guild.

Well, decided on Monk to be my new main! If it doesn't work out I can go to Feral Druid/Rogue if need be, but it should be good.

Ekans647

Strongest Shield

I gave up laddering on the Greninja suspect ladder, partly because I got haxed out of several easy wins and partly because I've been running into way too many stall teams lately and they just infuriate me, so I guess all I can do now is wait and see how the vote turns out :/

And welcome Jyl :)
I actually just built a stall team! Here's is Smogon's definition of Stall: Wait out the opponent with status, phazing, and PP stalling - slowly erode their sanity. It's testing really well. I'd give details but I don't want SE getting any info.

Status
Not open for further replies.