• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination

Romeo32

Celebi2002

Rescuer
Do you know how much it pains me to get a shiny ralts when I'm moving from town to town and enter the contest for absol (IT HURTS SO MUCH)

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2015-201594713
That skill swap lmao
I also battled a speed boost blacken in trick room. Just having funny battles right now.

Not having eject button on meowstic can be quite a problem, as it means I need to switch in to wait for it to faint, or switch in to camerupt, both of which aren't very good. I'm actually tempted to run sunny day without the heat rock, as I don't always use it, but when I do I generally don't need it to last for too long. Unless there is some bulky water type, helping hand + sun + eruption at full heath can literally rip everything apart in about two turns. (Example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2015-201596729)

Gonna do about two more battles and then test that.

Also, Fire hero is right, i need to start breeding this. Honestly I might ask the breeders for some.
I actually have some of the pokemon bred already from wonder trade so that's always good. Also, as they're traded it'll be good to get that boost of XP

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
Shade I'd be happy to give you my Quiet 5/6IV Numel from my hunt :3 I can nickname it Rat-A-Tat too. When I finish my Swablu MM I can also help you out since I'm happy to breed Pokemon. The only thing I need to breed for my team is HP Ice Magnemite. You have two legends on your team so you might want to think about catching those.

Jyl, I may also be able to breed a Gible for you (or just give you one that I've gotten from wonder trade) but again only after I've done my MM first.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Breeding this shiny elektrike is horrible. Ive got a 6iv ditto and 5iv elektrike, but i need them to be in the right stats, and that is difficult. Assuming i get a 6iv elektrike too, there is a 1 in 5 chance i get 5ivs in the right stats. Then, i also need to get the 1 in 2 chance of having an even digit for my attack iv. then it means i have to times my masuda method chances by ten to get the elektrike i want. :O

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Shade I'd be happy to give you my Quiet 5/6IV Numel from my hunt :3 I can nickname it Rat-A-Tat too. When I finish my Swablu MM I can also help you out since I'm happy to breed Pokemon. The only thing I need to breed for my team is HP Ice Magnemite. You have two legends on your team so you might want to think about catching those.

Jyl, I may also be able to breed a Gible for you (or just give you one that I've gotten from wonder trade) but again only after I've done my MM first.

Sure, If it's missing it's speed IV, i'll the it.
Decided to change hidden power on Camerupt to Solar beam. I never use hidden power, and if sun is active it will give me that extra water coverage, in case i'm stuck without lapras. Also, so I don't have to breed a number for hidden power XD
Fortunately, I already HA (shiny) espurr and Fletching, so that cuts out those two.

Any tips on finding Landorus-T?
Also, If anyone has a 6iv ditto they wouldn't mind me borrowing (if i don't have one) I'd be really grateful, because I need to breed lapras.

Just finished the delta episode. Kinda sad i didn't catch Deoxys, but I can make more effort on Omega Ruby when I get there. I'm also not desperate to own it.
Was super surprised when you got a Johto starter and had no idea what to pick... I picked Totodile, because I already had Cydaquil and I like totodile. It reminded me I need to migrate Meganium from SS though XD

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Sure, If it's missing it's speed IV, i'll the it.
Decided to change hidden power on Camerupt to Solar beam. I never use hidden power, and if sun is active it will give me that extra water coverage, in case i'm stuck without lapras. Also, so I don't have to breed a number for hidden power XD
Fortunately, I already HA (shiny) espurr and Fletching, so that cuts out those two.

Also, If anyone has a 6iv ditto they wouldn't mind me borrowing (if i don't have one) I'd be really grateful, because I need to breed lapras.

Just finished the delta episode. Kinda sad i didn't catch Deoxys, but I can make more effort on Omega Ruby when I get there. I'm also not desperate to own it.
Was super surprised when you got a Johto starter and had no idea what to pick... I picked Totodile, because I already had Cydaquil and I like totodile. It reminded me I need to migrate Meganium from SS though XD

If you go back and defeat the refined and stronger Elite members, who will then have Mega Evolution capabilities, you will receive the Sinnoh trio a a choice. I suggest saving once you get near the bag though to soft reset for good IVed ones.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
Wow okay.
Anyone know where I can get the Kanto, Unova and Kalos starters? XD

Battled with my team, got a massive string of wins and then a string of losses. I actually think it's me rather than the team. I was battling harder, higher ranked opponents as well. so

Mega Typhlosion

Also, If anyone has a 6iv ditto they wouldn't mind me borrowing (if i don't have one) I'd be really grateful, because I need to breed lapras

For Lando take a Synchronizer with the nature you want and try to get lucky lol. You need Tornadus and Thundurus on your team for it to appear though.

And for Ditto, don't you still have the one I lent you a while ago?

LynxForte

The Phoenix
Shade, I have 1 jap 6IV Ditto left that you can have. PM me and we can set up a time to trade it.

I've hatched over 600 eggs and no shiny. Feeling like I'm not meant to get this shiny.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
finally got a 6iv elektrike, but im not feeling like im going to get the right ivs on my shiny egg :'(

Also, what egg moves can i get on my elektrike? Is it just the list of egg moves, or are TMs breedable?

Romeo32

finally got a 6iv elektrike, but im not feeling like im going to get the right ivs on my shiny egg :'(

Also, what egg moves can i get on my elektrike? Is it just the list of egg moves, or are TMs breedable?
I'm not sure if TMs are breedable but they wouldn't count as egg moves anyway. Nice try though ;)

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
If my shiny was 5iv instead of 6iv, but those 5ivs allowed it to have hidden power ice, would that automatically make my shiny worse than a 6iv pokemon (when judging them at the end of the hunt)

LynxForte

The Phoenix
If my shiny was 5iv instead of 6iv, but those 5ivs allowed it to have hidden power ice, would that automatically make my shiny worse than a 6iv pokemon (when judging them at the end of the hunt)

That would make it better imo. I think competitive viability was one of the judging points. Could be wrong though

Mega Typhlosion

Yes it would be worse because it's easier to get. Unless you get a specific 31/xx/30/31/31/31 spread (or any other with 30 IVs) the 6IV will always win, because it's way harder to breed. That is, if the non-31 IV is a random one, it will be worse. If it's a 30, it will be better since it will count as a 6IV (30 is even rarer than 31).
The competitive use is one of the criteria, but the main one will always be the rarity. A 31/31/31/31/31/xx Electrike is very easy to get, and even if it gets HP Ice, a non-30/31 IV on Speed is a hinder.

Last edited:

Spacial

procrastination
If you defeat a legend by accident (such as Deoxys) you can return to where you found it (for Deoyxs it would be the Sky Pillar) and battle it again after you've beaten the Elite Four again. I didn't know that when I did the Delta Episode and so reset my game a few times when I defeated Deoxys and had to go back to catch Rayquaza again .-. .Also, if you're SRing, you can just run away if the Pokemon isn't shiny and go back up to it (I'm not sure which Pokemon that applies to though).

I still haven't actually hatched any eggs for the hunt. I've had school and my 3DS has spent most of its time locked in a cupboard :( I've nearly collected 8 boxes worth and once I get those then I'll start hatching.

EDIT: Weavile sweep on a random OU battle that nearly won the battle for me but that Tornadus-T had so much luck that I ended up losing http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-201689437

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.