• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoenn Triangle

Are you Entering the NU Tourney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacial

procrastination
does anyone have any tips for me as far as shiny breeding goes? i don't have a shiny charm, is there any other way i could breed a shiny?

It's perfectly possible to breed shinies without the Shiny Charm, personally I've bred 3 without it (one was when I wasn't counting and it took me about 6 boxes, Numel took 457 eggs and my Swablu took 234 eggs). All you need is 2 6IV parents with a Destiny Knot and an Everstone on the one whose nature you want for the babies. Then just collect eggs for a few boxes (for Swablu I collected 10 boxes and didn't need to collect any more) and then just take the eggs that you've collected and hatch them all.

Mega Typhlosion

It's perfectly possible to breed shinies without the Shiny Charm, personally I've bred 3 without it (one was when I wasn't counting and it took me about 6 boxes, Numel took 457 eggs and my Swablu took 234 eggs). All you need is 2 6IV parents with a Destiny Knot and an Everstone on the one whose nature you want for the babies. Then just collect eggs for a few boxes (for Swablu I collected 10 boxes and didn't need to collect any more) and then just take the eggs that you've collected and hatch them all.

Actually the IVs and items don't matter for the Shiny, they're just for you to get a perfect one. What increases the likelihood is having different nationality Pokémon. For example, a Japanese Eevee and an English Ditto, or a Spanish Ditto and an Italian Charizard. The Shiny Charm is not mandatory, nor are the nationalities, but they both increase your chances.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Okay, I got Jolly Rayquaza and Modest Deoxys on my second try.

What page is registration for the Smash tourney on?

I believe the smash thing is 2 pages back.

By the way guys, not gonna be as active on the guild for a few months probably, I have a special event going on at my forum to tend to and I don't feel like competitive atm.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Even though I'm back online fully functional I don't have anything to say. I mean I could build some competitive teams - maybe after the long break I'll finally break from my repetitive restarting teams. I restarted AS, but I'm back to the original point I started at with a slightly lower leveled team but with ideal natures and not 3 hours clocked into it so early on. It makes me feel better. Anyway, going back to the competitive thing I'm thinking of building around Mega Gallade since it looks awesome in-game, although there're so many other choices. Eh, who knows. Might go to Ubers instead. I'm going out tomorrow with one of my school friends who apparently likes Pokemon (as does a quite large group of my friends), which is fantastic yet also slightly alarming. Good though. He wants to buy ORAS, and I don't know what I want to do.

Well my World of Warcraft Rogue has gotten 700 gold, but I need 500 more to get the Heirloom cloak. Once I obtain that I can finally start my Monk, although I may create a Pandaren character to get the Copper Ore so my Monk can start perfectly, although I'm sick of Pandaren at the moment and their long-*** quests. Might have to just level along and hope I find enough ore along the way to level Engineering.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I believe the smash thing is 2 pages back.

By the way guys, not gonna be as active on the guild for a few months probably, I have a special event going on at my forum to tend to and I don't feel like competitive atm.

Forget I ever said this actually, so I am still in shiny hunt and such.

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
Actually the IVs and items don't matter for the Shiny, they're just for you to get a perfect one. What increases the likelihood is having different nationality Pokémon. For example, a Japanese Eevee and an English Ditto, or a Spanish Ditto and an Italian Charizard. The Shiny Charm is not mandatory, nor are the nationalities, but they both increase your chances.

ok, so i have a US/ENG Dusclops and a JPN dusknoir. i'm not after a perfect shiny duskull, just any shiny duskull. i would go chaining, but chaining in caves/MT pyre is a real pain :p

JohnMango95

Loyal magma grunt
That would give you a good chance (but lower than chaining mind) of finding a shiny yeah.

personally, i'd love to chain, but for the life of me i can't chain in caves or Mt. pyre. i've tried to trade for one, but apparently the diancie i offered wasn't enough :p i'll keep trying, but i've had pretty bad luck with breeding thus far.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
personally, i'd love to chain, but for the life of me i can't chain in caves or Mt. pyre. i've tried to trade for one, but apparently the diancie i offered wasn't enough :p i'll keep trying, but i've had pretty bad luck with breeding thus far.

I know how you feel, I wanted to chain for the shiny hunt but bagon's location in XY isn't good for chaining, and he's the rarest pokemon there.

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203138103

Check out the above battle for those interested.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the inactivity, however I'm working on a team RMT, so proofreading takes a bit of time and focus. Not to mention, the process of identifying threats for my threat list and whatnot. Just an activity post mainly. Haha. Gotta let you guys know I'm still around. ;)

Spacial

procrastination

Ah yes I forgot to mention that even though it's the most important element of Masauda Methoding, I have a 6IV Jap Ditto which lives in my Daycare all of the time (apart from when I'm breeding egg moves onto things) so I tend to overlook the whole foreign Pokemon thing.

Nice battle Ced, if Landorus-Ts keep Intimidating you maybe just try using Ice Punch (unless you have already and it hasn't worked).

My OU team is coming along nicely, it consists of 3 'dancers' - Weavile with Swords Dance (instead of Fake Out - it really works well when people switch predicting a Fake Out), Volcarona with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance and M-Gyarados with Dragon Dance, as well as Trevenant, Sigilyph and Magnezone. I'm having trouble with Heatran and Rotom-Wash, I want to replace Magnezone with something that can deal with them (Gyarados is fine against Heatran but usually it ends up fainting before Heatran is brought in), is there any single Pokemon that covers both? Grass would be needed for Rotom and either Water or Ground for Heatran... The only Pokemon with those types are Ludicolo and Torterra, neither of which I have any experience using... a Special Attacking (Rotom-Wash has Will-O-Wisp) Water/Ground type would work too, perhaps Gastrodon?

I'd like to enter the smash tourney, but I'm bot sure about my activity. I might well forfeit at some point.

Ken-Combo's sign up form:
Username: Top Skuttler
3DS Name: Sol
3DS Friend Code: 0834 2991 9052
Timezone: GMT 0 (British time)
About You: I liek smash

Last edited:

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Ah yes I forgot to mention that even though it's the most important element of Masauda Methoding, I have a 6IV Jap Ditto which lives in my Daycare all of the time (apart from when I'm breeding egg moves onto things) so I tend to overlook the whole foreign Pokemon thing.

Nice battle Ced, if Landorus-Ts keep Intimidating you maybe just try using Ice Punch (unless you have already and it hasn't worked).

My OU team is coming along nicely, it consists of 3 'dancers' - Weavile with Swords Dance (instead of Fake Out - it really works well when people switch predicting a Fake Out), Volcarona with Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance and M-Gyarados with Dragon Dance, as well as Trevenant, Sigilyph and Magnezone. I'm having trouble with Heatran and Rotom-Wash, I want to replace Magnezone with something that can deal with them (Gyarados is fine against Heatran but usually it ends up fainting before Heatran is brought in), is there any single Pokemon that covers both? Grass would be needed for Rotom and either Water or Ground for Heatran... The only Pokemon with those types are Ludicolo and Torterra, neither of which I have any experience using... a Special Attacking (Rotom-Wash has Will-O-Wisp) Water/Ground type would work too, perhaps Gastrodon?

Quagsire may be an answer as well since it can utilize Curse or Stockpile to boost up and hit hard even against those of boosted threats thanks to Unaware availability.

Romeo32

Quagsire might work, but I don't think he really handles Rotom-W that well, since he doesn't have anything to hit it hard, and good luck setting up on it without getting burned. My recommendation would be Mold Breaker Excadrill. He hits both Rotom and Heatran with his powerful STAB Earthquake and provides Rapid Spin support, which would be very useful on your team as 3 of your Pokemon are weak to it if you count Gyarados before it megas.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty

You want something that beats Heatran & Rotom- Wash? Latios with Earthquake works every time. Trevenant and Mold Breaker Gyarados should be able to handle Rotom- Wash fairly well and Gyarados beats Heatran OK. Latios checks Rotom- Wash, gives you Defog support for your team and has Earthquake for Heatran. Could be an option. Quagsire does **** all to Rotom- Wash except Toxic it, which doesn't always work since many run ChestoRest (I run ChestoRest). So yeah I'd say Latios works well.

Latios @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost / Psyshock / Thunderbolt

Romeo32

Latios seems like a good option too, but I've noticed her team has no Stealth Rocker, which Excadrill could also do. Having a team without rocks is pretty silly imo.

Played a set of Sm4sh with Ponymon and won.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Yeah Stealth Rock is useful, not really mandatory but near enough. Talonflame will wreck that team so badly, might want to run standard Leftovers DD Gyarados or something for it. Eh, who knows.

Spacial

procrastination
Yeah Stealth Rock is useful, not really mandatory but near enough. Talonflame will wreck that team so badly, might want to run standard Leftovers DD Gyarados or something for it. Eh, who knows.

That was what Magnezone was for- Sturdy with Weakness Policy, waits for Talon to Flare Blitz and then Thunderbolts. I prefer not to Stealth Rock since most of my teams weaknesses aren't hit very hard by it, although a Rapid Spinner or Defog would be useful. I already have an Excadrill in game and that's what I'm aiming for my team to be so its an option yes. I'll give it a try and figure it out, thanks for the suggestions ^~^

Confirming that Romeo won.

snivy trainer

Driving myself batty
Well I'm bored since I've got to wait for someone in WoW to buy my Mithril Bar (or I go earn 200 gold doing something else which I cannot be bothered to do) so I'm either going to play Xbox (woohoo Skyrim again) or build an ORAS team (the tier I haven't actually chosen yet, any suggestions?). So I figured that I'd plan a Skyrim character and play that for the evening, and then check to see how my profits are doing on my WoW character. If I get 200 gold, I'm set - I can delete the Rogue and start my Undead Monk on a PvP server (that character I named Brewdini).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.