• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoennian Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I need some help, guys. Should May's Mudkip [SPOILER="Future Pokemon #1]evolve into a Swampert[/SPOILER]? Cause I don't really want that to happen but the cutsomer's always right. And should Brendan get an
Absol or a Mightyena
? I can never decide which but I know he needs one.

Last edited:

Advancedblazeashmaymistyp

<<<Watching me drive
i think Mightyeann cause it reminds me of Breezy's mightyana gosh that girl hasn't updated for 2-3 months already oh well so um....yeah Mightyenna Sry i can't review ur story i'm just way 2 lazy but when i'm not i promise 2 review 1 of ur chapters...yes my grammar and spelling is terriblr

Demise

...An orange blob...
It should be an Absol. It sorta looks like the matching pokemon for Brendan. I don't know why, but...yeah it does. If it was an Mightyena, it would be like...stealing Breezy's idea. (Though you didn't) It's nice to have your own original story guideline.

I always think that May should get a Mightyena. I mean in the game I get a Mightyena. It's always too hard to give up a Mightyena, especially when I catch it as my second pokemon...And by the way, that's what I think.

DO. NOT. EVOLVE. THE. MUDKIP. For pete's sake, that Swampert doesn't look funny. Instead it looks scary, how bout a jumpin' joy like Marshtomp?

Or you can deprive the mudkip from walking upright by leaving it as a mudkip. I did that once on my Ruby, it was the, "Uber Strong but teh weak Mudkip!!!" <<Seriously, it wasn't strong enough to kill with one hit. Boo-hoo. T^T

I vote one not having the mudkip evolving into a Swampert.

I want to see that Brendan would get an Absol.

~Glaring Death~;053;

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Well, thanks to darcstars (you are a LIFESAVER!!!), I've narrowed down Brendan and May's Pokemon.

Brendan:
Blaziken
Aggron
Gardevoir
Absol
Salamence
Castform

May:
Marshtomp
Altaria
Delcatty
Beautifly
Milotic
Tropius

I teased with the idea of giving Brendan a Ludicolo, as The Great Butler made them cool. But in Tempest's fic Brendan has a Lotad, so I drew the line there.

Last edited:

Venastois

the pokemon names are blocked out, how do you (or me) make it so we could se it? <<I'm really curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>

love the fanfic, especially the personalities that you give the pokemon, i nearly choked on my soda when i read the chase scene.

Demise

...An orange blob...
Well, thanks to darcstars (you are a LIFESAVER!!!), I've narrowed down Brendan and May's Pokemon
I feel quite flattered. You are very welcome. It's just that I happen to have like over 6 Ruby and Sapphire games, I can't even keep track of 'em.

Brendan:
Blaziken (Okies, that is kewl.)
Aggron (That is totally alright.)
Gardevoir (Hmm, that's fine.)
Absol (Did I say, this was fine??)
Salamence (Whoa, something new! I'm used to having Flygons or Swellows as a flying type, I'd always thought that Bagons are so hard to train. Can't even make them Lv. 30, when I caught them at Lv. 28. :p)
Castform (I always would think it is hard to train...)

May:
Marshtomp (Huzzah! You're keeping it as a Marshtomp, many thanks, my honorable friend.)
Altaria (Okay....)
Delcatty (Hmm, would that prove use in battle or contest? I forgot...)
Beautifly (Another one of those contest-ty pokemon.)
Milotic (Yet, another one. I wonder how she would get it. It's hard to get one, IRL in the game.)
Tropius (I'd think Tropius as...a banana. No offense, but don't you think there are too much pokemon weak to electric attacks? The team, is not in balance, if you look at there weaknesses.)

With a electric pokemon you could at least take out about 4 pokemon, because of the flying-type and water-type disadvantage. So...it's unbalanced..in my opinion.

You can easily take out a ground-water type with a grass, and a Delcatty with a fighting-type.

So it concludes to: Three different types can have advantage over the whole team of six.

EDIT: Venastois you can find out teh pokemon names, by highlighting the black bars. The name would magically appear in big, bold, dashing white! \^o^/
~Glaring Death~;053;

Last edited:

Venastois

O_O Neat.... thanx Darcstars.

yeah, i don't like may's team that much, I was tinking something that was a bit more stable, like

Marshtomp
Altaria
Roselia/ Bellossom
Seaking/ Azumarill (kinda contestish)
Delcatty
Ninetales

and for Brendan, I thought it would be like kinda like this,

Blaziken
Shiftry >> i would say either this or mightyena b/c this allows you to have a grass type in there aswell
Salamence
Gardevoir
Aggron
Manectric

Thats what i envisoined the team to be.

can't wait for the next chapter.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Well, Venastois, when you and DS put it that way...

Here are Brendan and May's teams, suggestions and alterations welcome:

May:
Marshtomp
Altaria
Roselia
Milotic
Delcatty
Vulpix/Ninetales

I'm content on Brendan's team. I don't really like Shiftry that much and I thought about Manectric but decided no; it's a bit cliched.

I was really basing May's team on Ruby's as the ideal contest team. Anyway, you can trump Ruby's team with three types anyway; Grass takes care of Swampert and Feebas, Fighting deals with Delcatty, Mightyena and Castform and Ground takes out Plusle.

Silver Arrow

i like bagels :D
Hmmm... this looks good. I agree on the May team of but I'll edit it slightly to my favour:

Marshtomp
Altaria
Bellosom
Lapras
Delcatty
Ampharos

and in my eyes, Brendan should have something like this:

Blaziken
Aggron
Gardevoir
Absol/Mighteyena
Salamence
Jolteon

I rate this fic a 8/10

Venastois

Dang.... someone's harsh, wait for atleast the first five chapters are in before you flame.... geez..... (jp)

the thing is that i think absol is overused, and if brendan is *god forbid the future champ, then he should have an uu team of pokemon that kick butt.

May on the other hand, i can understand now why you didn't have a problem with the whole balance of the elements thing, seeing as how they are going to be used one on one only, not a full team of six. (contests only use one pokemon)

I think May's team is better, though the Castform throws the whole team off a little. And I think that Mightyena is better than Absol, imo.

Literate

black cat, black cat
Dang.... someone's harsh, wait for atleast the first five chapters are in before you flame.... geez..... (jp)
Who's flaming? I don't think anyone is flaming...
the thing is that i think absol is overused, and if brendan is *god forbid the future champ, then he should have an uu team of pokemon that kick butt.
So what? People can have want they want in their fics. It's their fic and if they ask for suggestions, don't tell them they need to change it all over again. Absol are very rare and hard to find. And it's a teensy bit more better than Mightyena, in my opinion.
May on the other hand, i can understand now why you didn't have a problem with the whole balance of the elements thing, seeing as how they are going to be used one on one only, not a full team of six. (contests only use one pokemon)
Yeah, but there might be a time when she might use it for battle and she doesn't have a balanced team. ;) Better safe than sorry.
May:
Marshtomp
Altaria
Roselia
Milotic
Delcatty
Vulpix/Ninetales
This is okay. *looks for a loophole* It's fine for a contest.

I've been reading this for a while. But I just wanted to post. (I couldn't help it.) Great job! ^_^

.....Did I post here before?

~PEACE~

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
litestars said:
...Did I post here before?

No, no you haven't; anyway, welcome aboard!

Now I think about it, I should really stick to May's old team. I designed them not on type terms but contest terms. It goes like this:

Marshtomp-Tough
Altaria-Cool
Delcatty-Cute
Milotic-Beauty
Beautifly-Smart (surprised?)

I gave her a Tropius because it would be a good friend to Brendan's Castform. But now, it doesn't really seem necessary. Fear not, the Tropius will get a new home and either Roselia or Vulpix/Ninetales will fill it's vacancy.

Oh, and Silver Arrow, keep in mind I can't use Lapras, Ampharos and Jolteon in this story as I'm focusing on Pokemon you can catch straight off the bat in Hoenn; the Safari Zone upgrade will come later (MUCH later).

Arcanine Royale

Pretty nice fic. Though I'm a little bit confused because you said that Brendan's father flunked the leader test. I think you mean passed, right?

Also, I slightly dislike a few things, but it's just a few things that peeve me.

Scarcity of Pokedex. If it was so good, wouldn't they mass produce it?

Besides that, its extremely funny.

I especially like the pokemon talking sequences, they are hilarious.

Hoping for more, Arcanine Royale

Venastois

Literate:
1. i was being sarcastic.
2. Absol doesn't learn good dark attacks to begin with, and i like mightyena, so i WAS giving a suggestion, not telling him what to do.
3. I said that her team should be balanced, maybe not in the right way, but still.

Doc.- can't wait for your next chapter.

Literate

black cat, black cat
Yeah. I think it's pretty balanced. Stick to it.

Literate:
1. i was being sarcastic.
2. Absol doesn't learn good dark attacks to begin with, and i like mightyena, so i WAS giving a suggestion, not telling him what to do.
3. I said that her team should be balanced, maybe not in the right way, but still.
1. Well...*thinks* on the internet you can't tell. Besides there was nothing of a flame going around. None. Zilch. Nada.
2. Okay. >.> I knew that. It wasn't for nothing that I capture one every time I start the game. And you said he *should*, note that, *should* have uu team if he is going to be Hoenn champ. I think you did. Okay, then it sounded that you did. Remember this is the internet. I can't hear what expression you're using.
3. Umm.. o.o You just said that they were going to be used one at a time. I dunno what your saying now. o.o

OKay. Now I'll disappear for now. Until the next chapter or if there is something worth quoting. ^_^

~PEACE~

Last edited:

Venastois

what i meant by the contest was that i tried to correct myself however badly i did it. I meant to say that i guess it doesn't matter if it is completely balanced or not because in contests you only use one pokemon, not the whole team correct? and i didn't mean to sound like i was giving him directions, i was saying in a *trying to be comical way* that IF Brendan would be champ, i thought it would be cool to have uu pokemon considering they don't get any love, (or much love). The whole point of the sarcasm *now ruined* was to comment on the lack of flame. but whatev, next chapter coming soon i hope?

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Arcanine Royale said:
Scarcity of Pokedex. If it was so good, wouldn't they mass produce it?

The professors are the ones who develop the Pokedex and only give it to a select three they believe will help fill it. Anyway, I've cleared up this issue before:

People will buy a substitute called an iPoke that looks a lot like the current PokeComs. It does the main Pokedex features; level estimation, stats and locations

See? While I'm here, I'll post a preview of the next chapter

Chapter 3: Wurmple-ing Your Way Out

Brendan and May have at last set out on their journeys; their destination is Petalburg City, where Brendan meets up with his dad. Along the way, May tries to catch a Wurmple...and fails.

Meanwhile, Pokemon have been disappearing in Petalburg since the week before Brendan arrived in Hoenn. What could be the cause of these abductions?

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
As far as I've seen so good, and I kinda like using Altaria in my May teams, so if you happen to see an Altaria in one of my fics as the main character's Pokemon, don't come after me.

About your teams:

Brendan

Blaziken
Aggron
Absol (Absol doesn't have a lot of Dark type attacks, but it's overall strength level is pretty good.)
Gardevior
Snorlax (Rawr.)
Octillery (He can be a slippery one. A thieving evil one.)

May

Marshtomp (Yay. Tough)
Altaria (Cool)
Dustox (Smart)
Plusle/Minun/Pichu (Cute)
Seaking (Beauty)
Tyrannitar (For safety purposes. xP ANd for Jerk #2.)

Your story is really good so far, and I'm glad you broke out of the mould. Yeah, I use British English, SO?

Back to the point. Brendan is your average kid, with a strong dislike for women, and also very stupid. And bad-tempered. AND FEMININE!!!111

May hath stubborn streak. Mwahahaha. Doesn't like Brendan either. Now there's overuse.

That one-on-one battle's background was very creative.

Silver: WANT IRON!

Greedy little Aron.

And yes, that Water Pulse TM is screwed. xP

Can't wait for next chappie!

;025; Ciao, Au revior, Sayonara, Bye bye, 再见.......Okay, I'm out of languages.

ANd our customary Pika out.

;025; Righto, almighty creator.

I feel there is something very wrong today.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I think I've gotten this through already: No Pokemon you can't originally catch in Hoenn! This applies to those you can catch in the Safari Zone after you've completed Emerald. Anyway, why should May get a Tyranitar?

Listen, I'm content with Brendan and May's Hoenn team; emphasis on Hoenn. However, other suggestions will be put forward to later chapters.

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
-meep- It seems that everyone is starting to have journey fics to other regions..............

;025; -is not answering because of severe lethargy-

.........That's it, something is very wrong with my brain.

And your banner looks a little screwed. I recommend you put the text next to the banner on another line, or the banner will end up screwed like currently. >_<

That is, if you don't already know.

Good luck working on that next chapter!

;025; -splat-

Status
Not open for further replies.