• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hoennian Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demise

...An orange blob...
Ai-YEEEEE!!! \>.</

I've totally wanted to post before Literate, but my stupid comp had froze. Thus, I have copied my reply. So I'll give the quote of it.

Me who's comp had froze before the posting moment! said:
May on the other hand, i can understand now why you didn't have a problem with the whole balance of the elements thing, seeing as how they are going to be used one on one only, not a full team of six. (contests only use one pokemon)
Probably May might get the same opponent in the contests, ya never know if that person might just be able to comabat her moves. It's better to alternate contests pokemon, so the weakness won't show too much....You never know. <.< Yep. >.>

the thing is that i think absol is overused, and if brendan is *god forbid the future champ, then he should have an uu team of pokemon that kick butt.
No, mah dear friend. If he who made this fic wants to include the absol in it...he then includes it. Can't change a person to change the teams if the person really doesn't want to.

Now lessee about the teams, shall I? >>

Marshtomp
Altaria
Roselia
Milotic
Delcatty
Vulpix/Ninetales

Now, the Marshtomp is absolutely perfect. BUT, how would it be used in contests?? Would it be using it's powerful water moves to impress the judges? The attacks are interesting yet powerful. Knock the foes out! \^o^/ Ya don't have to answer but I'd like to see the answer weaved in through the chapters.

Altaria: It is nice and graceful. Otherwise, this is a good contest pokemon. Now, I can't think of any nice moves, other than Dragon Dance: I never really checked back on my game. X_X

Roselia: For contests it has a variety of moves that are just splendid. Hope you have fun making combos with it. The moves are very handy isn't it? ;)

Milotic: Once again, how does May get it??? It's so rare to get a feebas, and maybe if you can make the catch for a feebas...ur...interesting. Like a pokemon long waited for.

Delcatty: I like those. They are like 'Mew!'. Though, I personally think that a Skitty keeps it's cute appearance. And a Delcatty has a attractive appearance. I prefer cute over beauty.

Well, A vulpix can be optional to keep, but a Ninetails will work better in contests than Vulpix. It has a much prettier coat, and has...nine elegant tails. The mane is majestic, too. So, Ninetails would be an excellent choice for contests, but a Vulpix has opportunities to learn more attacks.

I'm content on Brendan's team. I don't really like Shiftry that much and I thought about Manectric but decided no; it's a bit cliched.

I agree about the Shiftry. Not only can it be weakened by a fire type, it can also be weak to fighting types. So that's a two way trap there. Manetric is probably the only other decent electric pokemon. Though there are many others, I can't imagine Brendan ghetting a Voltorb, Minun, Plusle, or etc. Can't think right now.

Now to quote other people::

Hmmm... this looks good. I agree on the May team of but I'll edit it slightly to my favour:

Marshtomp
Altaria
Bellosom
Lapras
Delcatty
Ampharos

and in my eyes, Brendan should have something like this:

Blaziken
Aggron
Gardevoir
Absol/Mighteyena
Salamence
Jolteon

I wonder how they will get formally Johto pokemon. Where can you get a Lapras in Hoenn? Sorry, I don't have the guidebook right now, and my GBSP has no more power.

This concludes: the team that The Doctor chose for Brendan's team is supposed to be in advantage to May's team. Naturally, in a case like this, May wouldn't stand a chance in a battle with Brendan, if they are in the same advance level.

Okay, in my opinion....I think that the team you have is fine. Though the chances of catching a Feebas is low, I think that there should be a lot of hard work put before May catches the pokemon. Maybe, she didn't use the pokedex to know what pokemon the Feebas would evolve into. Maybe she wanted to disown it, but she accidently feeds it too much pokeblocks. So it's nice to put a little story or tense little problem in to make it more interesting. So the suggestions I have here now is like an example.

See you later.

~Glaring Death~;053;

There ya go. Now to answer the other replies:

Listen, I'm content with Brendan and May's Hoenn team; emphasis on Hoenn. However, other suggestions will be put forward to later chapters.
Dudes! I'm in with the Doctor. How would a person from Hpenn get Johto and Kanto pokemon? Not very likely, yeah? SO, if the Johto and Kanto pokemon were to be in the Safari Zone, wouldn't it be too late, concerning that the zone would be somewhere near Lilycove? By then, Brendan and May would have gone through many pokemon before reaching the Safari Zone, thus making it a 98% of having the team full of six pokemon. and only a 2% of not liking any pokemon from Littleroot all the way to near Lilycove.

Scarcity of Pokedex. If it was so good, wouldn't they mass produce it?
No comment! ^_^"" Just accidently paste it in the quote brackets, when I realized that I didn't have anything to say about that, foremost because...I can't find the part where he gets the pokedex.

Oh, and one thing, Doctor.
Hope you have luck on your next chapter. Dude, and another thing. Is it just me or does the Spoiler tags just got upgraded? @.@??

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
darcstars: The part where Brendan gets the Pokedex is near the end of Chapter 2 Part 2; you need a sharp eye for that. Anyway, the next chapter will be a while now, as I'm still finishing off the final draft. So I ask you hold tight for just a little longer. I'll try to not disappoint.

Hoenn Warrior

All Terrain Trainer
This is one interesting story. Completely original wit lots of laughs. I sorta saw the whole argument between Brendan and May thing coming and the whole Pink area in Brendan's Mind. That was fantastic!! If May is going to do Pokemon Contests then i believe that her Mudkip needs to evolve into a Swampert. Pokemon Contests dont always need to be about how cute a pokemon looks, it can also show the vicious side aswell. Take Halrey's Cacturne and Banette for example. They are somewhat on the scary side which gives the contests a little twist and that is what seperates his from the crowd of other Coodinators. He doesnt go for the beauiful Pokeom like Beautifly or Milotic but the out of the ordinary if you want to call it that (Ariados, Cacturne, Banette etc). For May, she should have a mix between the "Beatuy and the Beast" for her team IF she goes on to be a coordinator.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
You know what's weird? I think I've seen this review before. Deja vu @_@.

I toyed with giving May a Swampert but every time I think that, this image of May surronded by all these beautiful or cute Pokemon is ruined like a Dali painting as this big brute of a Swampert comes lolloping to view. So, you can see why I was against having one on her team.

Anyway, Storm loves to cause Earthquakes for no apparent reason; if that ain't tough enough, then tough!

n00b_slayer

< they saw me coming
wow, this is a really well done fic, I personally like how you use the species of the pokemon when identifying them. the chapters are humorous and still have good action scenes, johto to hoenn tie in was pulled off nicely, flashback was blended wonderfully and the future teams are sweet and Im looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the good work!

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
In case no-one's noticed, I've added some new titles to the Chapter Directory. More will eventually come as a way of compensating for my writer's block; I can see what happens but I just can't execute it.

Also, if any of you like, in a similar vein to Bay, I will be opening a Chapter Notification List. Essentially, just drop me a line through PM and in return you will be notified when the next chapter is up.

I'm sorry about keeping it away for so long but my writer's block is getting annoying. I really want to get a chapter up but I just can't get it up on screen. Hopefully you'll bear with me.

Chaos Rush

Um...Are you working on your fic Doctor? Because you haven't posted in a long time in this fic. Anyways, I think this is a good fic, I like it, and I enjoy reading it. (Except I always thought that Brendan gets a Mudkip...)

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Sorry, I am working on it, but I've been busy with my RPG and I've had writer's block; in that order! It's my summer break so expect the chapter up sometime soon in the next six weeks.

JB239874

I'm back, baby!
faaa-aa-aa-choo!(I just sneezed.)

Great work Doctor!(By the way, do you know a vet that can cure my Pokemon's cold?I mean you are a doctor.)

;328;-Aaaaa-aaa-aa-choo!

See?

Chaos Rush

Sorry, I am working on it, but I've been busy with my RPG and I've had writer's block; in that order! It's my summer break so expect the chapter up sometime soon in the next six weeks.
But you can't post it in the next six weeks, because you can't bump topics that are over a month old. The only way you could do that, is if this thread could keep on getting posted on, until you post the next chapter.

Arcanine Royale

But you can't post it in the next six weeks, because you can't bump topics that are over a month old. The only way you could do that, is if this thread could keep on getting posted on, until you post the next chapter.

Ah, but the Doctor techinally can, according to the rules. It states that fanfiction and fanart threads are exempt from the bumping rule if the author/creator is updating his/her/its work.

And Doctor, you've got a great story going here. With the TM-disfunctional, metal hungry Aron and everybody else, I love it.

Dragonfree

Just me
Closing on author's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.