• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Homework Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugokyremrayquaza

Event Hunter
Have you ever seen those shopping channels on tv. Well tommorow ive got to do a speech selling a normal note book in the style of one of those in english (my worst subject).
Anyway can you give me some phrases i should use in it.
Please 10char

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Please 10char

Well, no, I'm not going to 'give you some phrases'; you can go watch a video of one of those shopping channel things and find some phrases yourself. The aim of your homework task is to learn some persuasive phrases and understand the various ways in which language can be effectively used to persuade people to buy things. Obviously, you need to focus on the positives, and don't be afraid to exaggerate. Sound excited, be enthusiastic, really sell your product, and use language which reflects the context; be persuasive.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Remember to downplay or reword deficiencies. For example, if your notebook tends to burst into flames, you can say that it's the "hottest notebook on the market." If it's made entirely out of known carcinogens, you can say it makes you "appreciate life."

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I'm supposed to draw some sort of super-cool outfit design. I came up with the idea of using a dinosaur costume, but my friend and I had a slight disagreement on who gets to use the idea, so I need another design idea in case I can't use the dinosaur costume. Any good ideas I can use?

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
You say "Dinosaur":this is really quite vague in the first place.

Couldn't you and your friend each design different dinosaur costumes?
As for design ideas in this area,you're spoilt for choice.

Browse the B/W Pokedex on Serebii and you'll see what I mean!

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Have you ever seen those shopping channels on tv. Well tommorow ive got to do a speech selling a normal note book in the style of one of those in english (my worst subject).
Anyway can you give me some phrases i should use in it.

Just look up Bill Mays commercials and you get an A.

Winning.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
You say "Dinosaur":this is really quite vague in the first place.

Couldn't you and your friend each design different dinosaur costumes?
As for design ideas in this area,you're spoilt for choice.

Browse the B/W Pokedex on Serebii and you'll see what I mean!

I was sort of planning to make the dinosaur mask look like a baronyx. The problem is that since the dinosaur costumes are going to be incorporated into the same human design, it'll be hard to make them different enough to be readily distinguishable.

And I've already ruled out pokemon designs. I want to use a design that most people in my class will understand, and unfortunately, most of them stopped playing pokemon after the third gen or never started in the first place.

Qymaen

Petals and Leaves
I'm supposed to draw some sort of super-cool outfit design. I came up with the idea of using a dinosaur costume, but my friend and I had a slight disagreement on who gets to use the idea, so I need another design idea in case I can't use the dinosaur costume. Any good ideas I can use?

How about checking your signature? Create a design based off of, not the actual, one of those Pokemon.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
How about checking your signature? Create a design based off of, not the actual, one of those Pokemon.

Like I said, I'm not using pokemon designs. And it turns out I already finished this assignment. I ended up doing the tenth Doctor and the drawing turned out pretty good. In school, I ended up drawing the picture of the dinosaur costume for my friend because he gave me a chicken finger and pretzel cookie at lunch. Luckily, it didn't take too long.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
Anyone know ways to remember geometry vocab? I can remember definitions (like in english class) really easily, but Geo stuff never sticks :(

thanks!

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Anyone know ways to remember geometry vocab?

I honestly don't think there are any special tricks to learning vocabulary better. You just have to keep going through the words and meanings. Even if it does take a while, you'll eventually get it.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Anyone know ways to remember geometry vocab? I can remember definitions (like in english class) really easily, but Geo stuff never sticks :(

thanks!

Practice makes perfect. Try doing a bunch of problems that require the use of the terms you're trying to memorize. My chemistry teacher always gives us huge packets filled with problems, and that's how I was able to memorize nomenclature, solubility rules, and Stoichiometry.

thanks!

I always found relating terms to objects and concepts youre familiar with to be helpful.

As an example, if you know about Pokemon, horsea and dratini are in the same egg line/group. In geometry colinear means in the same line. So colinear would be remembered by thinking of horsea and dratini, the same line.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
Thanks to the four of you above me. I can relate to using flashcards, though I have been using quizlet with limited success. to be honest, I actually think the method Saviour) suggested will work best. I can remember things through weird connections... but I will try all of them... better safe than... getting an F...

thanks!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
You were better off making a new thread. Please don't bump threads that are several years old.

I'm going to lock this thread. Feel free to remake this thread if you want to continue the discussion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.