• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "How Can People Hate This Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
^Triple post, smh. Learn to use the 'Edit' Button pl0x^

I don't know why people hate Stunfisk. It has an amazing type combo, can learn Thunder,Earthquake,Dig,Earth Power,Attract, the list goes on :D

Maybe because it has low speed and defensive stats, not to mention terrible offensive stats.

rocky505

^Triple post, smh. Learn to use the 'Edit' Button pl0x^

Maybe because it has low speed and defensive stats, not to mention terrible offensive stats.
It has usable Special Attack and pretty good HP. And it can do well in a trick room team. And it does get great special attacks which include Surf,Scald,Hidden Power Ice, Earth Power, Thunderbolt, Discharge. and 84 and 99 base defenses is not low the 84 is mediocre but the 99 is actually good. Learn your stats before hating on the fisk.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I don't know why some people hate the Gothita line. It's based on goths, obviously, but the design is still unique. And I like the whole idea behind the Pokémon.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
I don't know why some people hate the Gothita line. It's based on goths, obviously, but the design is still unique. And I like the whole idea behind the Pokémon.

people are tunnel visioned and only thing they see is "oh its goth, thats lame" i personally like it too, now why does no one like unknown? just because it sucks competitively doesn't mean its a bad pokemon

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
if people hate a pokemon nowadays its nt cause its look,s it cause it "not good at competitive battling" or that it has horrible stats or whatever. What ever happened to "battle with your favourite pokemon, regardless of stats, or moves" its not all about competitive battling people...

Actually I think people choose what pokemon they like solely based off looks. And hate a pokemon because it looks bad to them. I don't know anyone that hates a pokemon solely because it is a poor competitive choice, they just won't use it in a battle. I personally am very shallow when choosing my favs, judging them solely on physical appearance.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I don't judge pokemon on looks or stats, I don't battle competitively, either. Just for fun i play! i use the ones i grow an interest to, because of that, i use the pokemon which no one would think using or not use often. See my avatar? Its one of my favorites and works well for me, and that's ok enough for me!

abrar14

Statter Master
people are tunnel visioned and only thing they see is "oh its goth, thats lame" i personally like it too, now why does no one like unknown? just because it sucks competitively doesn't mean its a bad pokemon

People don't like unknown because it has only one move with a type and power based on Iv's so it's pretty much impossible to use in game.

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
^ yep. DONT MESS WITH STUNFISK!

Calamity™

aka Lamia
now why does no one like unknown? just because it sucks competitively doesn't mean its a bad pokemon

I agree with this one. Unown is a very interesting Pokémon indeed. More so when you see the power they hold that is portrayed in the Animé. And they live in their own dimension. A fascinating Pokémon to say the least.

abrar14

Statter Master
Hmmmm. Stunkfish has allright stats but the main reason he's hated is because of his looks. He's like the Chris Tarrant of the pokemon world (not a good thing)

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
How could anyone hate Vanilluxe? He's freakin hilarious! Every time I see him, it brightens my day.

I dont get why people hate vanilluxe because he looks like an ice cream cone. Togepi was an egg and I heard no complaining about that.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I dont get why people hate vanilluxe because he looks like an ice cream cone. Togepi was an egg and I heard no complaining about that.

The difference here is that Togepi has many unique design components combined with the egg idea that forces you to think in order to recognize it as an egg, whereas Vanilluxe is immediately recognizable as an ice cream cone. They're both amazing pokemon, though. It's an undeniable fact that some of the more recent pokemon have lost some of the original mystery that surrounded the designs of other pokemon (for example, Magnemite and Magneton obviously use horseshoe magnets as part of their designs, but the rest of the creature is hard to compare to anything in real life. On the other hand, Klink and Klang arguably don't incorporate anything into their designs other than the gears that make up their body. I still like all the aforementioned pokemon, though). When it comes down to it, people shouldn't scrutinize pokemon based on their origin, but should instead try to appreciate their design for what it is.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Flareon. Butterfree. Furret. Bibarel (God, Bibarel is seriously awesome).

Flareon is pretty awesome. Get a +Special Attack Flareon and there you go. Heck, my Flareon in SoulSilver isn't +Special Attack, and he kills everything! His moveset is primarily Physical Attack, but he knows Flamethrower too.

Butterfree...Oh geez. Give this sucker Psybeam, Bug Buzz, and Sleep Powder and prepare to cause carnage.

Furret is pretty cool. Not gonna go deep into this one.

Bibarel. Everyone hates it because it's the derp for the region, and honestly it and Bidoof have a rather derpy look (a cute derpy look, that is!). But it's actually pretty strong if you can use it. Strength, maybe? Mine, in my Platinum nuzlocke, unfortunatly did not get very far, as he died to a Kadabra in the Galactic base. But it's all right.

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
-.-" Why no love for Dunsparce? he's my favorite derpy Pokemon.

Vandslaux

WHY do people hate Patrat/Watchog? Yeah, I know, he's kinda the derp (along with Stunfisk) of the region, but he's pretty decent looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.