• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "How Can People Hate This Pokemon?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
WHY do people hate Patrat/Watchog? Yeah, I know, he's kinda the derp (along with Stunfisk) of the region, but he's pretty decent looking.

I hate them because I personally think they look ugly. Can't argue with that.

I can undrestand where people come from when they say they dont like Patrat because the 1st time I ever played the game and ran into my first wild battle and i had never seen the new pokemon yet so i was all excited. Only to find out that it was......Patrat. I gave a great sigh of disappointment but after a while this little guy grew on me. Hes like a little bandit

WHY do people hate Patrat/Watchog? Yeah, I know, he's kinda the derp (along with Stunfisk) of the region, but he's pretty decent looking.

His eyes make it seem he's high or something

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
I see no reason for hate of the Chikorita line. They're walking plant dinosaurs, for crying out loud! To heck with their average attacking stats; they have dual Screens, Aromatherapy, Synthesis, and great defensive stats. They're among my many favorites. Oh, and a certain shipping claim of mine says hi.

rocky505

I see no reason for hate of the Chikorita line. They're walking plant dinosaurs, for crying out loud! To heck with their average attacking stats; they have dual Screens, Aromatherapy, Synthesis, and great defensive stats. They're among my many favorites. Oh, and a certain shipping claim of mine says hi.
I used to hate them in gen 2 because their movepools were lacking but that was fixed in HGSS. I actually enjoyed using my physical Meganium. But of course in BW they had to make another grass type starter that learns nothing.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

To be honest Its evolution's defense status isn't all that great especially not against ghost types.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Everyone hated on Oshawott till the anime came out. Then they fell in love with him. Its funny.

Xenevix

Some Guy
I know a lot of people who hate Clefairy and Clefable. C'mon they're the original Metronome users!

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Everyone hated on Oshawott till the anime came out. Then they fell in love with him. Its funny.

I've never liked Oshawott. Its design looks really ugly to me, no matter how much I've tried to accept it. I even tried using one in-game and I still couldn't appreciate it. I guess Samurott looks a little cool, but it just never appealed to me.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
To be honest Its evolution's defense status isn't all that great especially not against ghost types.

Ghost type moves aren't super effective against Grass. And as far as I see, 80/100/100 defensive stats aren't anything to stick out your tongue at.

Anyways, I'm confused as to how people only liked Oshawott when the Unova anime came out. How was it not already cute? Some of this hating is just beyond me.

rocky505

Ghost type moves aren't super effective against Grass. And as far as I see, 80/100/100 defensive stats aren't anything to stick out your tongue at.

Anyways, I'm confused as to how people only liked Oshawott when the Unova anime came out. How was it not already cute? Some of this hating is just beyond me.
I've always liked Oshawott. For some reason I ended up liking the most hated gen 5 starter and disliking the most loved one. IMO Oshawott>Snivy.

Xenevix

Some Guy
How can people NOT hate Swoobat? Everything about it is deliriously repulsive, in stark contrast to precious ol' Woobat.

AGREED. I can't stand those things. I don't like Woobat much either but Swoobat looks like a........ I can't say that here.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I've never liked Oshawott. Its design looks really ugly to me, no matter how much I've tried to accept it. I even tried using one in-game and I still couldn't appreciate it. I guess Samurott looks a little cool, but it just never appealed to me.

The only reason I don't hate oshawott is because of samurott.
And ONLY because of that

Status
Not open for further replies.