• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The How I Met Your Mother thread

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Hi guys! I'm not sure if this exists already, but if it does just close this.
If you haven't watched season 8 or even season 7 and don't want any spoilers you should be careful here.

So this is a thread to discuss and state our opinions on HIMYM!!! You can say everything, from favorite character to favorite episode, of coursea bit of explanation would be good. Are you enjoying season 8? Why did you start watching? Where do you watch it? Any favorite moments? Himym is possible one of the most famous tv shows and I'm surprised I didn't see it around here unless I missed it or it's somewhere else.

Well, to start off with my opinions.
My favorite character is Barney, for obvious reasons, he's hilarious and I absolutely love him! xD I love every episode about him, especially the Playbook, the
arc with Quinn
, the episodes about his dad, absolutely everything!
I have several favorite episodes. "Subway Wars", the "The Playbook", "Robin 101", "Sweet Taste of Liberty" , "Blitzgiving", all the slap bet episodes,
Nannies
and many others.
I am absolutely enjoying the newest season, it's being great for Marshall and Lily, I am so sad for Barney and Quinn I really liked them together
. Favorite moments have to be the slap bets, and basically anytime Barney hooks up with girls, but Marshall and Lily moments are also very funny. I watch it on the internet since I can't watch it on TV because I am not American/have american tv.

Yeh, basically you can discuss anything about it here.

EDIT: Since most people posting here are watching the season 8 as it airs there's really no need to add the spoiler tags anymore

Last edited:

Taichi

This season hasn't been off to the greatest start seriously. You can tell the Godparent episode was just terrible. While the other ones besides the end of the first episode were just plain boring. Hoping for an episode this season that shows shades of Classic HIMYM like Ducky Tie did last season.

Taichi

i dont have cable or netflix or anything like that, so i only what they play on CW50.
which is usually the older episodes.
in fact just yesterday i saw the episode where marshall ruined punchy's wedding. XD
like all the other episodes, it was hilarious.

Two episodes after that one is the Ducky Tie episode. A true HIMYM classic. That episode could definitely hang with the old seasons of HIMYM.

Jamesdawn

Banned
I am regular watching this show and now i am watching fifth season of this show and i am enjoying a lot. In this show i like the acting of Jason Segel. I love his acting in this show.

D

Deleted member 318910

I remember seeing this episode where they went to see so dude fight a robot. I want that to happen in real life. XD

BlueDragonfangirl

HA I wasn't sure how many fans this show had left, most people just complain about it now. I've been enjoying this season cuz I ship RobinxBarney and look forward to see what happens between them in the future, they are kind of like RossxRachel of Friends.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
THANK GODDDD!!! i was LOOKING for this thread cuz IIII LOOOVE HIMYM! this show is beautiful cuz its so ******* funny! but to deviate from the show for a sec, the guy who plays ted (i forgot his name): he comes out in "not another teen movie", which i was watching today, and i was like, "holy **** it's ted!" i was excited cuz it was the first time i saw ted outside of the show

BlueDragonfangirl said:
HA I wasn't sure how many fans this show had left, most people just complain about it now. I've been enjoying this season cuz I ship RobinxBarney and look forward to see what happens between them in the future, they are kind of like RossxRachel of Friends.

I'm not sure if shipping is the right word, since it's not imagined; it's a real relationship and real chemistry. poor, ted though. my dude gotta get over robin

and ross and Rachel? you're comparing these 2 couples synonymously? as phoebe would say "[laugh] please"

charizardfan

I enjoy the show overall, but really, I'm ready for us to meet Ted's eventual wife already. After eight seasons, his story arc is beginning to feel really tired. I mean, how much longer can the show really go at this point with putting him in one doomed relationship after another? That's why I hope this season is the last one.

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I enjoy the show overall, but really, I'm ready for us to meet Ted's eventual wife already. After eight seasons, his story arc is beginning to feel really tired. I mean, how much longer can the show really go at this point with putting him in one doomed relationship after another? That's why I hope this season is the last one.

that's not gonna happen
[spoil]robin and barney still have to start dating, then get engaged, and then get married in order for ted to meet his future wife. that covers about 2 seasons; it's not all gonna happen in the next 17 episodes (7 have already aired for this season)[/spoil]

plus, they will probably say which season is the last, which i think will be 9, for reasons i said above and cuz i don't think it has the fanbase to make it to season 10, though i secretly wish it could cuz himym is definitely the friends of this generation, which i have yet to find a thread for.

btw, @charizardfan, fancy running into you here

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
They're actually not entirely sure whether there will be a ninth season or not...I think they're waiting for midseason ratings to see how to wrap this season up.

I personally think that Ted will meet the mother at the end of this season, and the question will become whether they make an entire season of getting to know the mother, or if they'll end it with the fatal meeting and then cut to credits.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
They're actually not entirely sure whether there will be a ninth season or not...I think they're waiting for midseason rating to see how to wrap this season up.

I personally think that Ted will meet the mother at the end of this season, and the question will become whether they make an entire season of getting to know the mother, or if they'll end it with the fatal meeting and then cut to credits.

[spoil]i honestly doubt robin and barney are getting married at the end of this season. i guess there's a slight chance its gonna happen cuz we already know they're gonna end up together so there's not much room for the writers to keep robin and barney single: basically, they have to get together sooner than later. but don't see them getting married by the end of the season.[/spoil]

with the meeting of the mother, i really can't say what they're gonna do. if they end it there, then it's kinda anticlimactic, but if they keep going, then the story's? gonna get really dull without the purpose of trying to find out who the mother is

but these are the ratings:

EPS 801: 8.84 (million views)
EPS 802: 8.17
EPS 803: 7.82
EPS 804: 7.93
EPS 805: 7.22
EPS 806: 7.95
EPS 807: 7.45

so if the ratings keep going like this, i guess it'll only be 9 seasons. at this point i hope they end it after ted meets the mother cuz i loved the teaser at the end of episode 801

charizardfan

[spoil]i honestly doubt robin and barney are getting married at the end of this season. i guess there's a slight chance its gonna happen cuz we already know they're gonna end up together so there's not much room for the writers to keep robin and barney single: basically, they have to get together sooner than later. but don't see them getting married by the end of the season.[/spoil]
The S8 opening episode kind of suggests Barney and Robin won't be getting married in the end. Given how unsure the both of them are in the flashbacks, and Ted being depressed in the opener, I could see one or both of them deciding against marriage at the last minute. I'd be fine with that, too. Barney/Robin is way too obvious for a show like HIMYM.

And, yeah, it's pretty certain that Ted will be meeting "the mother" at the end of this season. The question is whether or not we'll meet her, or if they'll find a way to drag that out for a 9th season (which I'd be against). I don't think we'll be seeing them actually dating, though. The show is more about seeing Ted develop into the kind of person who married "the mother", not her necessarily.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
after a lot, LOT of research, i understand why this could be and is most likely the last season. the truth is i think himym is too good for 8 seasons. everybody loves raymond did 9. friends did 10. cheers did 11. himym can do 9, since that seems to be the minimum of every classic show.

charizardfan said:
The S8 opening episode kind of suggests Barney and Robin won't be getting married in the end. Given how unsure the both of them are in the flashbacks, and Ted being depressed in the opener, I could see one or both of them deciding against marriage at the last minute. I'd be fine with that, too. Barney/Robin is way too obvious for a show like HIMYM.

[spoil]i think ted is mad cuz (one of) his best friend and the woman he thought he would end up with got married and he's 35/36 years old and still single. not that I'm discrediting your theory cuz, if anything, it's better than mine. but it's like victoria said, "robin is why you're still single (paraphrasing)" so it would make sense for ted to meet his future wife the night robin goes off the market[/spoil]

anyways, the writers are happy either way if season 8/9 is the last one.

so in tonight's episode, Marshall's case continues and the rest of the gang exchanges stories about their pas t to see who was the most rebellious

[spoil]also, the writers have said that robin and barney won't be getting back together until after episode 12, meaning 2013. this is also around the time they need to know whether or not there will be a season 9. you see, they have a "plan A" and "plan B", A concluding at season 8 and B concluding at season 9. however plan A and B are pretty much the same for the first half of season 8. after this, the plans begin to diverge. this is where they need to decide which path to take, A or B. hopefully we'll find out within the next 2 months[/spoil]

Taichi

Tonight's episode was the best of the season so far.

Edit: Just realized they messed up severely with Scooter. Specifically his name. Season 2 it was Bill and now it's Jeff? WTF?

Last edited:

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Tonight's episode was the best of the season so far.

Edit: Just realized they messed up severely with Scooter. Specifically his name. Season 2 it was Bill and now it's Jeff? WTF?

Middle name, perhaps? :p

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
any episode featuring robin sparkles, even for just a minute, is a win for me. lol the way she accepted that trophy. marhsall's note card jokes were a funny plus