• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The How I Met Your Mother thread

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
http://m.tvfanatic.com/2012/12/how-i-met-your-mother-whats-the-next-chapter/

"The next chapter in this story is about Robin deciding if that's really what she wants in a husband, and Barney deciding if he's about more than just magic tricks," Bays teases.

Also: Robin Sparkles is returning!

Look for this alter ego's appearance to take place on February 4, which Bays previews as a "monster" installment that will feature an "astonishing lineup" of guest stars...

so that's what's next for the show. season 9 undecided as usual. also, robin's dad is gonna be in the next episode i think. idk how they're gonna put this all together, but i trust the show so can't wait!

charizardfan

I also remember reading about how, in a HIMYM interview, Ted's going to date someone (played by Ashley Benson) that is the last hurdle before he meets "the mother". Also, Cindy will be showing up again, probably to bring the entire thing full circle. I'm honestly more excited about the developments in his life than I am with Barney and Robin.

It's going to be a damn shame for me if this series continues past Season 8, because the way everything is shaping up it feels like we're really coming to the end. Barney's run the last "play" he'll ever run, he and Robin are about to get married (you'll remember that when the show started out, neither of them wanted any commitments, so for them to be engaged is a sign that they've reached the end of their development), and Ted's about to meet his future wife. It's really time for this story to end.

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I also remember reading about how, in a HIMYM interview, Ted's going to date someone (played by Ashley Benson) that is the last hurdle before he meets "the mother". Also, Cindy will be showing up again, probably to bring the entire thing full circle. I'm honestly more excited about the developments in his life than I am with Barney and Robin.

It's going to be a damn shame for me if this series continues past Season 8, because the way everything is shaping up it feels like we're really coming to the end. Barney's run the last "play" he'll ever run, he and Robin are about to get married (you'll remember that when the show started out, neither of them wanted any commitments, so for them to be engaged is a sign that they've reached the end of their development), and Ted's about to meet his future wife. It's really time for this story to end.

yeah, I've heard of Ashley Benson recurring. i didn't read anything about cindy; btw, is that the mother's roommate who became a lesbian?

i never really thought of barney's last play like that. now that i think about it, they can't do a whole season without barney playing women. maybe season 8 should be the last one after all... well whatever happens happens

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
yeah, I've heard of Ashley Benson recurring. i didn't read anything about cindy; btw, is that the mother's roommate who became a lesbian?

i never really thought of barney's last play like that. now that i think about it, they can't do a whole season without barney playing women. maybe season 8 should be the last one after all... well whatever happens happens

I swear you keep saying Amber Benson (The actress who was on Buffy, alongside Willow aka Alyson Hannigan). I actually floated an idea a while ago what if they casted Amber as the mother, that would be kinda cool (Well to those who are fans). Although I can't see her not appearing, as Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof and... I can't remember who the third one was, but they appeared.

Oh yeah, I watch the show as well, hey lol:). I know I haven't posted in here before but still. I think the show's gonna find the mother soon, because soon enough it's gonna be 15 years from 2030 (And that's what? Around 2015 before the first child is born, I pick the eldest, the daughter at like 16 or something). They still need to actually get through to meeting the mother, and I presume the wedding before the first is born.

Also Cindy was played by Rachel Bilson, from the OC (or is it the actress who played Jackie from That 70's shows? Keep getting them mixed up).

charizardfan

(or is it the actress who played Jackie from That 70's shows? Keep getting them mixed up).
That was Mila Kunis (voice of Meg Griffin on Family Guy; played Jackie on That '70s Show). She's never shown up on HIMYM once, and she won't be in Season 8.

Also, Season 7 of How I Met Your Mother is now available on Netflix for anyone who has that.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
so i checked and i was right about who cindy is.

she will star in the episode "Band or DJ", which I'm guessing is named after robin and barney deciding on the music for the wedding. my prediction: barney wants a DJ while robin wants a band, and they're gonna go crazy over it lol. maybe they can play the "murder" song from EPS# 316 "sandcastles in the sand". lol i love when they use that song

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
EDIT: How I Met Your Mother' Renewed For Season 9 With Entire Cast On Board

tbh I am happy because, tbh, i started watching this show over the summer. i get why original fans would be upset, but this means i can enjoy a show new to my heart for another whole year. I've enjoyed season 8 (not as much as other seasons, but still), and i trust the writers to make the next 2 years good

I watched that episode where Ted and Zoey get together (after Marshall's dad dies) and I love it when Ted says she doesnt speak Portuguese, and she actually replies in Portuguese. Its funny for me because Im portuguese xD

lol i thought that was funny, and then ted said, "you're a showoff". that relationship was quite the peculiar one

Last edited:

charizardfan

I feel disappointed with this. This felt the perfect place for the show to end, and with what the producers are said to have planned for the second half of Season 8, I just don't see what they could possibly do to make a 9th season interesting.

Taichi

Why are they going for a ninth season? God, it's literally One Tree Hill all over again. Hopefully, number 9 is the last. Sadly, the second half might suffer severely because of this greenlit season 9.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
how are they gonna delay this for another year?: a question everyone is asking

this is what we know: they originally planned on ending it this season, and now they're not. from this, it can be said that the first 12 episodes of season 8 were headed to the series finale. in addition, the last 12 episodes of season 8 would have been the final chapter. with that, this is my prediction:

[spoil]something has to delay robin and barney's wedding from may 2013 to may 2014. this delay has to occur sometime between now and the season 8 finale. the question is: what is that delay? i predict a breakup between robin and barney, similar to marshall and lily in the season 1 finale. other possibilities could include a job opportunity for robin, barney's dad dying, and booking a busy reception hall, all of which could delay the wedding[/spoil]

Last edited:

charizardfan

How I Met Your Mother returns tonight. From my TV Guide, here's a summary of what we can expect tonight:

When Robin finds out that Barney never asked her father for his permission before proposing, she insists that he seeks his approval before going public with their engagement; Ted keeps his feelings hidden by throwing himself into the wedding planning.

I don't remember a lot of episodes involving Robin's dad, so that's going to be interesting. I'm still disappointed that HIMYM got renewed and we'll probably not meet "the mother" until next year, but it'll still be interesting to see what's going to happen at the wedding at the end of the season.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
How I Met Your Mother returns tonight. From my TV Guide, here's a summary of what we can expect tonight:

I don't remember a lot of episodes involving Robin's dad, so that's going to be interesting. I'm still disappointed that HIMYM got renewed and we'll probably not meet "the mother" until next year, but it'll still be interesting to see what's going to happen at the wedding at the end of the season.

http://www.hypable.com/2013/01/12/cbs-boss-how-i-met-your-mother-continuing-season-9/

"As for whether season 9 will be the series’ last, Tassler has an interesting reply. She says, “it’s funny, we talked the other day [about], ‘[Will] people watch the show beyond knowing the mother?’ I bet there are a lot of people that would continue to watch after that.”

Not only does this imply that the network is indeed considering extending the series even further, but also that we will indeed meet the mother in season 9."

sorry to disappoint you, but you might have to wait another year

I honestly dont care about ted meeting his wife, i just like the show for the comedy.

and robin and her dad have "issues" so i can see her wanting to get his approval.

totally agree 100%, except the part about caring about ted meeting his wife. i do actually care, but i really don't mind meeting the mother later. this episode tonight looks like it's gonna be really funny. robin seeking her dad's approval, barney being scared, and this picture:

hFpxH.jpg

Last edited:

charizardfan

http://www.hypable.com/2013/01/12/cbs-boss-how-i-met-your-mother-continuing-season-9/

"As for whether season 9 will be the series’ last, Tassler has an interesting reply. She says, “it’s funny, we talked the other day [about], ‘[Will] people watch the show beyond knowing the mother?’ I bet there are a lot of people that would continue to watch after that.”

Not only does this imply that the network is indeed considering extending the series even further, but also that we will indeed meet the mother in season 9."

sorry to disappoint you, but you might have to wait another year
Well that's pretty much what I said, we won't be meeting "the mother" until the 9th season, probably at the very end. And that's extremely disappointing. Given where the characters are in this series, closure almost seems like a necessity by now.

And honestly, extending the series past that is probably the point where I'm going to stop watching. The point of HIMYM is Ted's journey towards meeting his wife, not what happens after.

Last edited:

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Well that's pretty much what I said, we won't be meeting "the mother" until the 9th season, probably at the very end. And that's extremely disappointing. Given where the characters are in this series, closure almost seems like a necessity by now.

And honestly, extending the series past that is probably the point where I'm going to stop watching. The point of HIMYM is Ted's journey towards meeting his wife, not what happens after.

you said probably. this is pretty indisputable proof that we will definitely meet the mother at the end of season 9, which i consider big news, and I'm surprised this hasn't gotten any backlash

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
Damn, I love this programme so much: I watch it at E4 in the U.K. Yeah, I want to see his wife pretty soon!

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
you said probably. this is pretty indisputable proof that we will definitely meet the mother at the end of season 9, which i consider big news, and I'm surprised this hasn't gotten any backlash

Did you watch the episode from this week? We know in 4 months, Ted will take a look at the mother in Barney and Robin's wedding. The mother is in the band, and Cindy will come back. Now, if Ted will meet her at the end of this season or in season 9, we have to wait DX BTW, am I the only one that wants Marvin to learn his first words at their wedding? :p
Todays episode was also pretty good. Definitely in my 3 favorite (the two parter, this one and Farhampton), and it was pretty sad for Ted and Lily, but in the end a good episode, in my opinion

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Did you watch the episode from this week? We know in 4 months, Ted will take a look at the mother in Barney and Robin's wedding. The mother is in the band, and Cindy will come back. Now, if Ted will meet her at the end of this season or in season 9, we have to wait DX BTW, am I the only one that wants Marvin to learn his first words at their wedding? :p
Todays episode was also pretty good. Definitely in my 3 favorite (the two parter, this one and Farhampton), and it was pretty sad for Ted and Lily, but in the end a good episode, in my opinion

now that i watched this week's episode, and the wedding date is set for i believe this year, then maybe we will actually meet the mother this season after all. but this episode was really good. it was a nice change of tone from the first half of the season. barney took a backseat, after dominating the whole season. alyson hannigan (lily) stole the show with her touching, blindsiding scene. ted, despite fans hating this, realistically expresses some lingering feelings for robin. after all, the person he was always somewhat in love with for 7.5 years is engaged to his best friend and we got another teaser about the mother, which finally disproves the "barney's half-sister" theory, which was one i never believed. the only critique is a lack of marshall. when are they bringing that "judge" arc? with ted moaning over robin, robin and barney being engaged, and lily now revealing her doubts about motherhood, marshall is the only one with little going on. but looking forward to the rest of the season