• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The How I Met Your Mother thread

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Sorry for double posting but it's been a long time since my last one :p

The fortress of barnitude was an alright episode. My least favorite from the episodes that have aired after the two parter.
Next episodes: "The Time Travelers" (25th March)
"Romeward Bound" (15th April)
"The Bro Mitzvah" (29th April, next slap btw)
"Something Old" (6th May)
"Something New" (13th March)

Funny how in Lily and Marshall's wedding episodes they were called "Something blue" and "Something Borrowed" haha, and now it's "Something old" and "something new" ;P

Source:
http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8 Also, there is a "summary" for the last episode, if you want to check it out. It's pretty spoilerish so I wont post it here

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Episodes like tonight are why the show should have ended by now.

charizardfan

That might have been my favorite episode in quite some time. The first two-thirds of it were funny - the entire Ted/Barney/20-Years-From-Now Barney/20-Years-From-Now Ted/etc. thing; Marshall not knowing Carl's last name - but the last few parts Ted's conversations with the two possible versions of the coat-check girl, "Barney", and the mother - were what really elevated this one.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
So, 45(4 now) days... Isn't that the end of the season? someone should figure that out.

Since they meet on the 25th of May and this was in April, this episode was around the 10th of April I think. So, if I'm right, 45 days from the 10th of April. But since the ending of season 8 is before the 25th, I'm guessing the last episode will happen on the 25th of May in the show's timeline while in real time it's the 13th of May or whatever

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
Since they meet on the 25th of May and this was in April, this episode was around the 10th of April I think. So, if I'm right, 45 days from the 10th of April. But since the ending of season 8 is before the 25th, I'm guessing the last episode will happen on the 25th of May in the show's timeline while in real time it's the 13th of May or whatever

What if they decide he meets her off camera just to screw with us?

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
What if they decide he meets her off camera just to screw with us?

Hahahah dude I would be so pissed lol

Just adding that I've been rewatching the show. Am on season 3 now, and I must say I forgot how many funny episodes there were back then. Have to say though, "Mary the Paralegal"; "Best Prom Ever"; and the slapbet episodes are the funniest (among a few others I cant name. the one where barney tells us he didnt know how to drive and ted tries to teach him I LOL'd at that part). Laughed so hard with all of them lol

Last edited:

Taichi

Tonight's episode was okay.

That little bit at the end where Barney just subtly gets possessive of Robin when Ted tries to warn him about her being 'so cool' about certain things and just basically throws his marriage to her in his face was kind of messed up.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
^I hope this continues, the examination of how healthy Barney and Robin's relationship really is.

I also thought Marshall's speech to Lily was sweet. I hope they don't end up going to Rome...

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
so I haven't been posting here because I've been busy so I'm 4 episodes behind. does anyone know a good website to watch them because the lag in cucirca is ridiculous?

Taichi

The twist ending from the last episode definitely made up for the predictability of the episode.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Hahahahah this episode was so funny :D One of the best episodes in a while in my opinion. I actually thought Barneys life was gonna be a mess, but thats because a friend of mine watched it first and asked me if he could spoil somethings so I thought they would be important lol
Loved quinns return as well, which made me realize I would have liked BarneyXQuinn more than Barneyxrobin :p

Taichi

The 2nd to last episode of the season, it was a bit off honestly. Though I did like the end. (except for the hands part.)

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
I liked it, it felt off not having anything about the wedding though. I still think something is going to happen at the wedding and they wont go through with it

So, marshal and lily are really moving to Italy?

charizardfan

^ By the sound of the episode description ("As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the final renovations he made on his house in Westchester. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple, and Marshall takes baby Marvin on a last-minute trip to visit his family in Minnesota."), I think there's a good chance that the wedding isn't going to happen this season. It could open Season 9, though.

Episode was decent, better than last week's or the one two weeks before that. The Ted/Marshall/Lily plot was amusing enough. But I feel like the story with Barney and Marshall's dad could have been a lot funnier than it was.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
^ By the sound of the episode description ("As the gang prepares to go to Robin and Barney’s wedding, Ted invites Lily to see the final renovations he made on his house in Westchester. Meanwhile, Robin and Barney’s night of relaxation is ruined by an obnoxious couple, and Marshall takes baby Marvin on a last-minute trip to visit his family in Minnesota."), I think there's a good chance that the wedding isn't going to happen this season. It could open Season 9, though.

Episode was decent, better than last week's or the one two weeks before that. The Ted/Marshall/Lily plot was amusing enough. But I feel like the story with Barney and Marshall's dad could have been a lot funnier than it was.

It was robin's dad, marshal's dad is dead.

But I think that is probably what's gonna happen, but 45 days is around the time of next monday, so it could go either way. They have been hyping up this wedding since when? 2007?