• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The How I Met Your Mother thread

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
They cant end an episode like this its just not fair jesus

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
ehh I felt the episode was a bit weak. it was just hard for me to believe that Barney would so easily forget that his best man has feelings for his fiancee. also, ted claims he's not trying to sabotage the wedding, so why did he go to California 4 days prior? I also feel like they're using too much zapka (the karate kid guy), contrary to popular opinion, and the fact that's he's gonna be in next week's episode makes me worried.

then there's Robin. I don't know how much you guys remember about long-haired, ladylike Robin from the first few seasons, but it doesn't fit her character to not get along with women. I get she was raised as a boy, but it's not like she's a lesbian. she can be girly if she wants. so I felt that was a downgrade for Robin's character.

the episode altogether had its laughs, but it felt kinda lazy for me. still, it's nothing the show can't come back from, so I'm optimistic about the future

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
ehh I felt the episode was a bit weak. it was just hard for me to believe that Barney would so easily forget that his best man has feelings for his fiancee. also, ted claims he's not trying to sabotage the wedding, so why did he go to California 4 days prior? I also feel like they're using too much zapka (the karate kid guy), contrary to popular opinion, and the fact that's he's gonna be in next week's episode makes me worried.

It wasn't easily forgotten by Barney though. Sure he was talking to Ted, but he was still mad, and it took him almost a whole episode to forgive Ted as we saw. Ted's speech was to him was also convincing, and they're best friends (along with marshpillow), so it's imo believable that Barney would forgive Ted.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
It wasn't easily forgotten by Barney though. Sure he was talking to Ted, but he was still mad, and it took him almost a whole episode to forgive Ted as we saw. Ted's speech was to him was also convincing, and they're best friends (along with marshpillow), so it's imo believable that Barney would forgive Ted.

you make a fair argument, but when you say that it took barney a full episode, keep in mind that this isn't any of the other seasons. this 1 episode was probably a few hours, and wedding weekends are a lot to handle for the bridegroom, meaning, for Barney, this was a lot to handle in a crazy time of his life. I guess, maybe, I can believe that Barney would forgive him after a short amount of time, but this love triangle is IMO hardly resolved, which is why I think this plot was a little unnecessary. I'm hoping the writers bring this issue back up, though.

i also personally was just hoping for a much bigger confrontation. and even though Ted presented his side of the story pretty well to Barney on the beach under the rain, i'm not sure if I can believe him because he went to California, presumably to retrieve the locket, so he could be lying to everyone right now about "trying to move on", and it just doesn't seem like Ted to lie so easily to everyone's faces.

Last edited:

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
you make a fair argument, but when you say that it took barney a full episode, keep in mind that this isn't any of the other seasons. this 1 episode was probably a few hours, and wedding weekends are a lot to handle for the bridegroom, meaning, for Barney, this was a lot to handle in a crazy time of his life. I guess, maybe, I can believe that Barney would forgive him after a short amount of time, but this love triangle is IMO hardly resolved, which is why I think this plot was a little unnecessary. I'm hoping the writers bring this issue back up, though.

i also personally was just hoping for a much bigger confrontation. and even though Ted presented his side of the story pretty well to Barney on the beach under the rain, i'm not sure if I can believe him because he went to California, presumably to retrieve the locket, so he could be lying to everyone right now about "trying to move on", and it just doesn't seem like Ted to lie so easily to everyone's faces.

Yeah that's true, but to answer your concerns on this argument all we can do is wait to see what happens with the locket. And the love triangle will be resolved, the writers said this was the season/weekend ted finally got over robin (for real now, i guess)