• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The human race, slaves to our own intelect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colliepop

Wonderboy
This needs to stop.

You're probably imagining some average guy running away from a lion.

Now imagine a 6 foot tall caveman buff as hell.

Think about it, we are one of the GREAT apes for a reason, we aren't weak animals who can't hold their own against most animals. At one point that lion situation was very plausible.

We've become weak because of our increased sense of security. Give us 25 years as a feral species again and we'll be pretty beasty animals again.

Well... The spirits there...
The only reason I'm going to sook about this because it paints a poor picture of the Human Race.
We were never 'beasty animals', the closest I can imagine is near-bottom of the food chain scavangers.
Being Great Apes, our ancestors once used well developed tree climbing abilities to avoid 'feral species', as we were not one of these and could not hope to fight them off, and to pick at there scraps when there was no danger. From there we moved on to a more earth based, but similar existance. Eventually we developed the use of tools in order to maximise our scavanging abilities. From there, weapons were a natural progression. There was never a need for great strength or power.
Genomes take on this was a brilliant point on what I'm trying to say... The club wielding, muscle bound, grunting caveman of cartoons is a childish joke... Homo Sapiens has been anatomically the same for hundreds of thousands of years.

Lol... And on a completely unrelated topic.
Fused said:
every slavery institution in the history of time experienced some form of rebellion so if humans were slaves to their intellect that would change soon.
I love it! But I mean... Have you noticed this Twilight fad? I'm pretty sure that rebellion has begun with that.

Last edited:

Calm PokeMaster

You are right.It is true.The more dependent we are on things,the more difficult it becomes to live without them.

Thats what my mum always says.

1# manga fan!

2 Year Veteran
Technology has weakened our imunsystem and destroyed some of our eating habits. but if you think about it people used to died of the common cold and have to travel months to get to where we could reach in two days. We have become a people of change and speed.

Colliepop

Wonderboy
1# manga fan said:
Technology has weakened our imunsystem

Can you provide a source for this?
Besides... With modern medicine, a healthy imMunE system is not necessary, as I described briefly earlier in this thread...

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Would I say humans are slaves to their own intellect? No. I say that things happen because we do not use our intellect FULLY nor do we think things all the way through. I make a reference back to the 70's and 80's: back then, paper grocery store bags and glass bottles were really popular. Then, we had to stop paper bags to "save the trees" and we had to stop glass bottles because "it hurts the wildlife". So, they came out with plastic bags and bottles that were supposed to get rid of all our problems; now, 30 years later, we are looking for an alternative to plastic because it takes a very long time to biodegrade.

I would also like to point to the cover of a TIME Magazine in the 70's that read "The Coming Ice Age". People started freaking out about the earth cooling. Now, 30 years later, it is almost the exact same scenario, except with global warming, not cooling.

My point being that if humans did not rush to solve problems, thereby making errors and looking in the short term, we would not have nearly as many problems. The only thing wrong with the human intellect is the people who use it. A good bit of the time, the problems caused by intellect are really caused by rushed thought and a lack of foresight.

Aquanova

I think human intellect is a double edged sword. Sure we can do alot of things but at cost. Our intellect has led to mass dectruction of nature. Sometimes the things our intellect provides us arent really important. Surely we can use our brains to fix what we caused. If only we could want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.