• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Hunger Games; May the odds be ever in your favor! [PG-14]

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Oh yeah, dying... We will discuss that further later, ish.

Oh and plusle+minum is a co-gm too.........

What else? Hmmmm.....

Okay, reminder, last SU day!

locomo

Okay, we will start the RPG tommorrow or so, im busy today T_T

Anyways, if you have a reserve, GET IT IN! quiiiiick!

Thanks guys, may the odds be ever in your favor!

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Hey guys, Locomo just wants to say, he's probably opening the RPG tomorrow so everyone had better get their characters in NOW!

locomo

OKAY, we have 3 reserves not in, but its okay, if the games start and they aren't in they can be NPC.

We will officially start tommorrow (saturday) keep an eye out for the post. But I will like send you all a VM or a PM letting you know.

Good luck guys!

Niihyl

Posthuman
Aww, just saw this thread like 10 minutes ago.. I'm too late... Oh well. If this ever repeats I'll try joining I guess. :)

Niihyl

Posthuman
I may edit this a bit more. Sorry for being an idiot... :) I've never actually done this before... T.T

Name: Jason Zai (Jason means "to heal" Zai is Japanese for "drug/medicine"

District: 6

Appearance: Jason appears rather Asian, and is very slight. He is rather pale, as he doesn't spend a lot of time outside, preferring to spend most of his time indoors reading. He has black hair, and different colored eyes. One is black and the other is pale white-blue. This was from an accident during the eye-surgery he got, to get rid of his glasses. The artificial tears were replaced by a mild acid. He saved his eye, but it killed the melanin-production in his left eye, turning it a pale blue. He keeps his hair fairly short, and keeps it windblown to the left. He short for his age, only 5' 4".
He is fairly thin, and one of his ears is lopsided, where he was bitten by a rat whose leg he tried to set. Foolish... His eyes look lifeless, and he appears somewhat unhealthy, from drug abuse.
He has thin brows, and very white teeth. He could be handsome if he smiled, which he rarely does, preferring a sarcastic grin. (Imagine... Artemis Fowl/Sai (Naruto)) Born left handed, Jason practiced until he became ambidextrous. He does everything with his right hand, but is actually better with his left.

He usually wears a doctor's coat, with comfortable clothes underneath. He keeps a sharp scapel in his pocket, and wears a thumb-bone around his neck.

Personality: Jason is a very indoor person, almost never entering any form of wilderness. He helps his parents in their surgery, and has very steady hands. He spends most of his free time reading his father's questionably large collection of books, and therefore knows a lot about survival. In theory.
Jason is very intelligent, and comes across as bossy, which often gets him in trouble. He hates unintelligent people, and doesn't know where to stop with sarcastic comments. He has very few friends, but has read several books on human psychology. One wonders if he can actually pull off anything in his head. He is also very competitive, hating to lose.
Jason is selfish, and tries to be cold and heartless, but he was a good person, and is broken inside. He is very self reliant, but genuinely cares for his mother, and his deceased father. His little sister also died, during a surgery performed by him. He blames himself for it. He buried all of his pain so deeply, he lost it even from himself. He has even deluded himself into believing he doesn't care, but without the calming drugs, how long will that control last? His mother fondly remembers the days when her son was 7, the happiest child in the world, before his father died, and he changed. She misses the awkward boy with huge glasses. She has noticed her son's addiction, but hasn't done anything, wishing that he would be free, even for a few moments.
Despite his dislike of human beings, Jason loves animals, from arachnids to reptiles, he would save one over a human life. According to him "animals are simple beings. They won't lie to you, they do everything to survive. And when they die, they can be replaced." Perhaps the Games can bring him about.

History: Jason was born to a pair of surgeons in District 6. His parents were able to make their lives better than the average citizen in the districts, and he grew up somewhat spoiled. Ever since infancy, Jason was very curious, and would go out and try to help wildlife. From a very young age, he began training as a surgeon, to help support the family when his father fell ill. His world became one of blood and death. After his father died, he hated everyone, and more of his patients had... accidents. (Wow, I love Italics)
After his father's death, he became addicted to Morphling (morphine I guess?), and has been trying to wean himself off it. With enormous strength of will, he has fought the addiction, but still feels some withdrawal.
He had one sibling, who died during surgery. Jason had to perform the surgery, and this time, he genuinely tried to save her. She still died, which gave him a fear of death. After two losses, he shunned human companionship, and raised a large spider, who could easily be replaced upon death.
He has a great sense of self-preservation. He never took tesserae, and would never have signed up for the Games. He was horrified to have been selected.

Weapon: Needles (thin sharp jabbing things then. Stiletto?), pressure-points, small knives. Live surgery is... fun. Good knowledge of chemicals and natural plants. Poison.

Token: His father's thumb-bone on a string.

Strategy: Join up with the strongest group that will take him. A medic would be very useful to any group. Betray them later. (Hope no one reads this. Lol.)

Geh, characterization. I'm a plot person, my characters are never good. It's why I don't write fan-fics anymore.

Last edited:

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
... hey, since I'm co-GM, I guess I have authority.

Heh. First of all, be accepted before you post your RP post... ^-^;;;

While I can't approve/pend/disprove you, I'll point out a few things.

1. It's too short. Much too short. Appearance needs more things - hair style? Face structure? Some stuff you can put in, whatever works. In Personality, any quirks? Anything to balance out the currently-flat personality? Something shocking that nobody should know? A soft side? And in History, anything else exciting?

2. You won't find needles, syringes or any other medical equipment in the area.

3. As for your strategy, the Careers likely won't let you join them lol. A pharmacist is probably going to be more useful in the long run since you can find plants in the area but not needles or bandages; I'm one though...

*swoons at Asian kid* I'm so weird; I need to stop watching Asian dramas/anime.

Out of curiosity, read the Hunger Games before?

Niihyl

Posthuman
Okay, sorry... I'll edit. First time doing anything RP-related. Got ahead of myself...

Also, yes I have read the Hunger Games. I actually don't own a copy of book one though, so my memory on that one is a little edgy... I have book 2-3 though.

Last edited:

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Yeah, it's fine, apparently lots of people are like that... I'd flesh out a little more in the comments area but I'm writing my train post, sooo...

Oh, and a note:

Guys, if you have something to ask about the RPG, don't put it in the thread where people post their stories. Use the cafe, which will be up soon apparently.

Niihyl

Posthuman
Thanks for the advice!

locomo

Yes; you can still sign up, we are still at reaping...

But I think its dying people arent posting -___- lol, but by all means, feel free to sign up

Grassette

Treehugger
Ok, here it goes ^-^:

Name:
Cilae Rowse.

District:

10, Livestock.

Appearance:
Cilae has a pimple sprinkled forehead which she hides underneath her Van Dyke brown fringe. She has long, layered hair she ties up into a ponytail to keep her from roasting and sweating under the thin layers of ever insulating locks. Her eyes are large, black beads hammered into her head. She has thick, almost male eyebrows and a stubby nose where some pimples have sprouted. Under her giant eyelash protected eyes sit deep bags that show days of hard work and insomnia. Her pinkish-nude-coloured lips are slightly plump and are always curved in a Mona Lisa-like smile. She has pumped up cheeks that help support her round head. Her rounded, sphere-like chin has at least a dozen red speckles dotted around it, just like her nose and forehead.

She has scars, scratches and scabs all over her pale body from handling livestock and unprotected falconry. She has long, lanky arms that may not look very strong, but from day-to-day lifting animals and equipment she must have some strength in her. Her body is thin, with a few, painfully deep scars from lashing (from thieving) on her back. Large, muscled legs from 13 years of footwork balance her skinny body. She has short fair hairs sprouting on her legs and arms and her elbows and knees are knobbly and scarred. Her calf muscles are shapely and large, proving her kicking skills. She has flat, wide feet supporting her legs which are a bit misshapen, as are some parts of her tough hands.

Cilae wears two thick leather gloves that remain permanently sewn onto her arms. On occaisions, she wears a white space-suit hat, but instead of glass and metal, there is black mesh and a neat white cloth. She removes this and replaces it with a black and green striped bandana when she isn't looking after the bees and honey. Her clothing is usually a pair of custom-made, insoled, wool insulated, leather boots that zoom up to just above her knees (this hides her feet and keeps it in shape), a worn-and-torn pair of black, denim-like material trousers and an ill-fitting plain dark green cotton t-shirt that gets layered over by a black long-sleeved wool hoodie. Usually in her leather-protected hand lies a beautiful, grey-blue peregrine falcon named ‘Anya’ or a long oaken staff and toolbox she uses to collect honey with.

Personality:
Cilae is quite a sly, sneaky girl. Not only because she breaks the law by sneaking around stealing peoples livestock to sell on the black market for money, but also because she has over a dozen places to hunt unlawfully with her falconry. She remains quiet and doesn’t trust anyone since her father fled from the recession when her family was most in need, thus making her unfriendly and unpopular. Cilae has only two friends, Anya and Floss (Floss is a bear that leads her to where the liquid money is (honey)) if you count them as friends. Cilae hasn’t got great social skills, and with usually mumble or run away if someone attempts to spark a conversation with her. She’s very timid in front of strangers and crowds; she doesn’t co-operate much and in schoolwork, she's always working alone. She is very logical and smart in puzzles and real life dilemmas such as getting the hell out of trouble and escaping from an angry man that’s continuously ranting at you for stealing his potatoes and chickens. When she isn't silent, she is very witty and careless when making a comment (comments are a rarity, mind). In other words, she offends people easily and usually gets herself in trouble whenever she opens her mouth, which explains certain lashes on her back and her ever growing shyness.

History:
Life in district 10 is no different from much of the other districts. Life is hard taking care of animals. Fortunately, Cilae doesn’t have to worry about taking care of cattle. She uses the wild animals to help her. She likes to run around with wild creatures to help her steal helpless ungulates from the richest farmers in District 10 without being noticed. She’s tip top at activating, deactivating and dodging traps that clueless farmers set when they notice something or someone is stealing their livestock. Sometimes, Cilae does fail and gets snapped up by the traps, but she always has time to deactivate them before any severe damage is caused, which may or may not explain a certain number of reasons why her body is so deeply scarred. She shares a bond with wild animals, using an ‘I scratch your back you scratch mine’ method to obtain help from them. At the age of 9, in the bleak mid-winter, Cilae went to scavenge squirrel nuts from the ground as a desperate resource for her family. Once, she saw a squirrel and planned to hit it with her wooden stake. Before she could knock it dead, a bird scooped it right up and started eating the inners of it. Cilae noticed this was too fast for a normal bird. This was a falcon. She befriended this bird and began training it to defend her and help her. Cilae, as fairly as she could, split the winnings so half of it went to Anya and her family, the peregrine falcon and her chicks, and the other half went to Cilae and her own family. Then there was that sunny hot day when Cilae had not hope in finding honey for her family, when a bear, in the same situation, magically appeared in front of her. They trained and befriended one and other and soon, Cilae had nice jars of honey to sell and Floss, the bear, had perfect knowledge of how to dodge traps and Floss also got about a jar’s worth of honey as well.

Cilae Rowse’s family aren’t the wealthiest lot with only Cilae working and collecting the family income by merchanting. Ludwig and Lusaia are Cilae’s 5 year old brother and sister. The two are a cheeky pair unless their mother is at hand to keep them sane. Cilae considers them somewhat of a pain, a spare two mouths to feed and bathe. However, they aren’t really a pair of rotten eggs. Cilae loves them to shreds but wishes they wouldn’t stuff their mouths as much as they do. Staziea, the mother of the three kids is an unstable, shocked woman that does nothing but keep Lud and Lus (this is what Cilae calls the twin twosome) in the house and safe out of harm’s way. Staziea is a weakling because her husband, Alamo, ran away as soon as the recession began, shortly after Cilae's 7th birthday, leaving Staziea and Cilae with nothing but the clothes on their backs and a small house. Ever since, Staziea had a weak posture and required the 7 year old Cilae to bathe her, feed her and keep her decent. If it wasn’t for Cilae's job, Ms Rowse would belong in a mental asylum and Cilae in an orphanage. Now, you may wonder how Lud and Lus came along. Lud and Lus, the pair of children that Cilae found in the meadow, the two tiny, pinkish squirming human larvae that were just plonked inside a sheep’s white wool skin with no protection in the fields when the pitch black night of autumn had cursed the dipping valleys and rising hills. Of course, Cilae had no choice. She had to save the pair of poppets before the wolves came to snap them up. Cilae took them back to her astounded mother. Immediately, Staziea was the happiest mother in the world and Cilae got a thousand kisses. Staziea had the first responsibility she had gotten in ages. Recently, Staziea had actually swept the front porch all day until the little ranch gleamed. This was such a massive improvement from the absent minded mental asylum Cilae had to feed years back.

From all this experience, Cilae had grown skills of hunting animals with certain tricks that the experts told her, the experts being Floss and Anya. Cilae has learnt how to protect and defend herself with crude weapons that Mother Nature provides. She likes the use of javelins; it reminds her a bit of using falconry. Sharp, quick and flies. She can climb trees like an expert –after half a dozen years of climbing up and down trees to collect eggs and honey- and see great in the dark from all those sleepless nights she was out stealing sheep and cattle. Also, she collected the great, effective skill of lying, stealing and slipping out of sticky situations.

Weapon:
Cilae is skilled with throwing javelins or whipping with ropes (since her previous experience with whips, she has practised and learnt a bit about how to use them).

District Token:
The exquisite hairband Staziea, Lud and Lus worked on for 2 days. It has Anya’s smallest wing feather pierced into it and one of Floss’s extremely blunt teeth (It has now deteriorated into a small yellowish pebble tied onto a string to put in the plait) carefully plaited into the stretchy leather plait band.

Strategy: Cilae is planning to use her surroundings to help her. She relies on the animals, the stealing, the cornucopia, her running, her hiding, her climbing and her slyness to get to a crucial point in the game, and then go in for the kill by taking to the trees and tall grass.

Last edited:

locomo

Wowza, approved! :D

I feel really bad; I think the RPG is like dead/dying, so I dont want to waste your time with the SU ):

But yeah, if it lives me and other co-GM have awesome ideas for the games:)

StonE EdgE

Brock n' Roll
I'd like to start out with I LOVE these books!

Name: Eric (I don't know my last name my history explains)

District: 6 (Medicine)

Appearance: Eric is average build, however taller then most of his age group. (6 foot, 130 lbs.) He has pale skin with a deep scar on the left side of his chest. He has blue eyes, medium length black curly hair. He wears leather armor made from old welding jackets that he found while scavenging. The only new clothes he has is a pair of Military combat boots that his "father" gave to him before Eric was sent off.

Personality: Eric is a loner, never having many friends. He prefers to be off by himself then with others. He is quiet, but when he speaks his words are very thought out and hold meaning to them.

History: Eric was found in the wreckage of District 13 as a small child when the head doctor of District 6 was looking for survivors. He could not believe that this small child has survived. Eric had a gaping wound on his chest from a falling I beam, almost hitting his heart. The doctor, Lloyd Anderson, cleaned up Eric's and took him back to the medical van.
Lloyd noticed that Eric had an amulet around his neck. He looked at it closely and saw a phrase in a language that he did not know. Eric was taken back to District 6 and raised as Lloyd's child. Lloyd taught him medicinal skills ranging from splinting a broken leg to treating for dysentery. He was also taught the wild plants that had medicinal properties.

Weapon: Two short swords.

District Token: Eric's Amulet. It reads "Den fornnordiska kommer att stiga igen." Which means "The Norse will rise again." in Swedish.
41aIm4pUkHL._SL500_SL160_.jpg

Strategy: I run solo, the whole time, waiting for my time to strike, like a predator.

This is my first RPG, so don't kill me if this is a little too short. I know that someone already signed up for this spot, just pick the one you think would fit best.

Last edited:

TheAmazingAndrew

Name: Jack Rolloski

Appearance: Jack is tall, about 6' 5". He has dark brown hair, light blue eyes, and has about a dozen freckles on his face. He has big ears, although about an inch off the to of his right ear is missing due to an accident when he was 9. His nose is normal size, and has a few freckles on it. His cheeks turn bright red when he gets cold, which is somthing he hates to be teased about.

Personality: Jack acts very confident in himself, even though he truthfully doesn't have much real confidince in himself. He hates it when people say he doesn't know much, because he is gifted in science and math, though know one in Six seems to care. He loves jokes, but he often laughs too easily, or at inoappropiote[man, I stink at spelling...] moments. Because of this, he doesn't take much seriuosly.
It takes a while for him to trust anyone, as he has had bad experinces. He doesn't accept people as "friends." He loves food, especially fruits. He hates to sleep, so he often is up late.

History: He loved his dog, Rusty, more than anything in the world. This is why he was crushed when a Peacekeeper shot him when he was 11. Rusty was one his few friends. His father was gone by the time he was a month old, and his mom died when he was 5. He and his brother were then sent to live with their aunt. Unfortanutly, his brother, Sam, started to..."hang out with the wrong people", and they where both rejected by their aunt.
Jack made friends in the town he ran away to. The reason that Jack doesn't trust people is because his first friend, Victor, beat him up for fun, and his second friend Leo, spread lies about him. He does still have one friend, Amanda, who is the only reason he bother to try to win.

Weapon: Jack is good with knifes and swords, but is bad with almost every other weapon.

District Token: Jack's token is a chewed up purple sock that was Rusty's favorite toy.

Strategy:

I am really excited for this RPG because I LOVE the Hunger Games!

Last edited:

Mudslide

NAME:Patrick Fitzgerald
Appearance:patrick is an average sized white kid, about 5'7". He has short dark brown hair, brown eyes and a perfectly white smile. Most people make fun of his height, but if he gets in the arena he will prove that height is not the best feature.
Personality: He is one of the bravest people in district 6. Most people in the district would not trust leaving anything by him because when they come back it will be gone and so will he. Most people fear him because of his ability with a knife.
History: Patrick has a lot of ground to cover with the capitol. When he was 5 years old, his older brother was drafted into the hunger games. His brother was Patrick's hero. When He watched the ambush take his 12 year old brother out he was crushed. Patrick swore that he would get his revenge.
Weapon: Patrick can throw a knife a mile with dead on accuracy, he can slice things with it and he can easy use a bow, but put a sword in his hands and he will die in an hour.
District Token: Patrick's token is an action figure of a dinosaur that was given to him when he was 3 years old.
Strategy: Sleep, eat and hunt.