• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ice Cave! (252)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Ice Cave

Brock falls ill to the cold in the Ice Cave and stays at the Pokémon Center. Meanwhile, Ash & Co. discover Team Rocket is trying to warm up the Ice Cave. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

S

Shiny May

This is also a good episode. Too bad it was banned. Good to see a Joy with a lot of ice pokemon and Brock being kissed by Jynx was hilarious !!!!!
I found this a very interesting episode. I hope they air it some day

Team Rocket Admin

I read somewhere that the episode is going to be aired on January 1st 2006. It was originally banned because Team Rocket give Brock a cold, and at the original airdate of the episode SARS was going around, and having a cold is a symptom of it, plus Jynx was in the episode. Lets hope it aires.

new001

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Sorry for the questions, but Why would it matter if Jynx was in it? Am i missing something? ... i'm new here...

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
new001 said:
Sorry for the questions, but Why would it matter if Jynx was in it? Am i missing something? ... i'm new here...
You're actually missing a lot. I'll explain.

When Jynx was first introduced in America, a woman got mad and accused Jynx of being a racial stereotype of black women. 4KIDS didn't want to be sued, so they banned any episode where Jynx had a major role, and this episode was one of them.

There's a chance we may never see Jynx again, all because one soccer mom jumped to conclusions.

I hope that helps.

Team Rocket Admin

MagicBox said:

When Jynx was first introduced in America, a woman got mad and accused Jynx of being a racial stereotype of black women. 4KIDS didn't want to be sued, so they banned any episode where Jynx had a major role, and this episode was one of them.

There's a chance we may never see Jynx again, all because one soccer mom jumped to conclusions.

I hope that helps.
Actually we probably will see Jynx again as the Grand Festival has Jesse using Meowth against Jynx. Nintendo officially changed Jynx's face to purple so we may get Jynx back.

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Team Rocket Admin said:
Actually we probably will see Jynx again as the Grand Festival has Jesse using Meowth against Jynx. Nintendo officially changed Jynx's face to purple so we may get Jynx back.
Yeah, I know that. It's just that I'm not 100% sure 4KIDS will put Jynx back in just because they changed her skin color to purple. Think about it, that racial issue was huge. 4KIDS might still be restricted.

And that wasn't the Grand Festival where Meowth fought Jynx; it was the Pacifidlog Pokemon Contest.

Team Rocket Admin

MagicBox said:
Yeah, I know that. It's just that I'm not 100% sure 4KIDS will put Jynx back in just because they changed her skin color to purple. Think about it, that racial issue was huge. 4KIDS might still be restricted.

And that wasn't the Grand Festival where Meowth fought Jynx; it was the Pacifidlog Pokemon Contest.
Oh sorry, but still I don't think they are going to ban that episode as it will put a major hole in the plot. BTW someone on the PokemonElite2000.com forums emailed Ms. Weatherbee, and see said she had forgotten about the whole thing, and she really didn't care.

MagicBox

xoBcigaM
Team Rocket Admin said:
BTW someone on the PokemonElite2000.com forums emailed Ms. Weatherbee, and she said she had forgotten about the whole thing, and she really didn't care.
Wow, really? That seems kind of wierd since she put up such a big fight.

Well then, if she really doesn't care anymore, maybe we can get this episode aired in America.

Rex Kamex

Team Rocket Admin said:
Oh sorry, but still I don't think they are going to ban that episode as it will put a major hole in the plot. BTW someone on the PokemonElite2000.com forums emailed Ms. Weatherbee, and see said she had forgotten about the whole thing, and she really didn't care.

After all that's happened, she doesn't even care? If that's really true, does 4Kids know? Then again, they still wouldn't show the episode because even if she didn't care anymore, others probably still do. I still doubt that America will ever show this episode, but I don't see why they wouldn't show the episodes with the purple Jynx.

S

scotty2hotty

They didn't recolor the Jynx in this episode because the series was past that episode and into the other season when that thought actually did cross their minds. Since they were already past it and the episode wasn't really vital to the plot, they never recolored it.

I am however wondering something. We are nearing the Ice Cave episode on Cartoon Network (in about a week or so). Do you think Cartoon Network will air the episode, or is it a no go? Kids WB is very sensitive about this kind of stuff, but Cartoon Network shows a bunch of raunchy stuff.

It sounds like a mighty interesting episode to see.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Having just watched this episode I can say that I'm sorry 4kids skipped it, it actually was a very good filler.

I have to say, Brock thinking he was holding Joy's hand and trying to kiss Joy while laying in bed only to find out that it was Jynx instead was one of the funniest moments of the pokemon anime. :D

Surprised that Swinub and Piloswine were in this episode. Also, WTF continuity?! There was a picture on the wall of the Pokemon Center that showed the tan Nurse Joy from the Orange Islands, the one from "The Joy of Pokemon" that went on her little boat going from island to island treating Pokemon. WTF? Can anyone who can understand Japanese explain what Joy said when talking about the tan Nurse Joy in the picture? :eek:

Nice to see Brock stand his ground against Team Rocket. Man that was brutal, Arbok completely dominated Brock and Geodude. I didn't expect Arbok to wrap his tail around Brock and continually slam him to the ground. Also TR using some heat machines to faint Jynx, Piloswine and the Swinub was pretty unique.

Also yay for Misty actually battling! The damn girl wouldn't let go of Togepi in the entire episode though, even when she had a blanket over herself. Sheesh, it was almost like Togepi was permanantly stuck in her arms. Bah.

Anyway this was a really nice filler, I liked it a lot more than I expected to. Shame it was never dubbed.

Last edited:

Gym Leader Jasmine

Team Rocket Admin said:

If she does not care any more why dont they show the episode And edit jynx purple. Also Sars flu/cold is over nobody talks about it in japan or the usa it is over it is 2006 and i have not heard any thing about sars or on tv/internet.

M

Mr. Mime

MagicBox said:

I hope that helps.

Ohh, thank you so much for posting that! I have gone months wondering why the heck it got banned because of Jynx, I had no idea that a woman did that before. I've also wondered why they changed her skin to Purple, im so happy this is all cleared up ^.^ Thanks!

I never saw this because of the banning of it

Stupid people ruin everything :mad:

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
I didn't know the episode was banned. What the heck a woman forced to ban this episode??

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
i watched this episode although it was in jp and there were no sub titles i didnt know what the hell was going on lol but i understood some just paying attention to whats happening lol but it was funny when Jynx kissed brock when brock though she was Joy lol