• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Ice Queen and Glaceon (1176)

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Ngl, I forgot this episode came out. I don't watch episodes that focus on COTDs, so I'll read your reviews.

Starswirl Pikachu

We are long overdue for a Glaceon focused episode. All things considered, I'd call it a fair endeavor. Goh having a presentation in school seems normal enough but I still cannot quite comprehend Ash's age. Oh well, a new transfer student apparently has a sort of resemblance to an "Ice queen". The nickname makes her sad but it reminds me of the movie Frozen, so I like it. Making neat stuff out of ice is a nice talent, hopefully Glaceon will remember not to use too much Blizzard attack from now on.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I know an Aya Matsui episode when I see one, and might I add this is among her very best. Really great pacing, writing, and directing overall; honestly one of if not my favorite non-battle/PM episode.

Ash joining Chloe and finally Go for a show and tell (about your….friends?) at school was fun. I will say that the Ash presentation bit felt like unnecessary punching down, especially from Go. Like haha it’s like a manzai routine so funny….yeah whatever lmao. Like I guess nobody in that classroom knew what the PWC was? But nonetheless it was interesting that Go has become so lively and energetic at school now due to Ash’s influence.

I loved Regina. Her and Glaceon made such a sweet pair and I thought her story was super well-done. Bullying isn’t something I remember ever being really touched on before in Pokémon, and not as the main backbone of an episode. The subject, while not as fleshed out as it could’ve been due to this being just a single episode, was tackled in an understandable way and adds an extra layer to the setting

And on that note, I really enjoyed the school setting of this episode. SM never felt like this; I genuinely think a proper school series handling drama/serious issues and this unique atmosphere would be amazing. A school - a real school- opens up storytelling possibilities that can only be explored there.

The ending of this ep was so wholesome. They needed Dawn there to get Quilava and Buneary as extra help lol. I wish Regina was more than a COTD though; she was a great character and one that really stood out. The fact she’s a battler now and we won’t see her ever again just adds more salt in the wound

Sham

The Guardian of War
Was this suppose to be about Frozen? Blonde girl alone, distant and isolated surrounded by ice and away from people until a person shows her compassion and she's able to interact with people?

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
Noooooooooope.

No, seriously, no. If it is, then it's classic OLM making a cheaper version of something much better.

(Also, where's my love at first sight consequences.)
I immediately thought about Frozen when this episode came out. I mean you can't really adapt Ana within half an hour. Yeah though the similarities are too much the same, I'm positive they at least got inspired by it slightly.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Great filler episode. Makes me wish Regina was the girl companion instead. Exploring how she and her Glaceon deal with their emotions and anxiety while becoming a battler sounds like an interesting storyline to me.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Only here to say Crossing the Line is a better Let it Go sincr Frozen was mentioned, byeeeee