• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The IGRMT legends. They were the best we had: learn from them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlCario

Banned
Sometimes I feel that the IGRMT greats do not receive the respect they deserve. Therefore, I have decided to create a team to commemorate them. I apologise if you feel yourself worthy of the list but did not make it, but I am limited to a six person selection here, so I am sure you will understand. Besides, there should be no shame in feeling inferior to the raters listed below.

Treat this like a Semi-CRMT -- we haven't had many of those in a while.

461.png

Poke_noob (Weavile)@Focus Sash
Jolly; Pressure
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Taunt
-Counter
-Night Slash

Poke_noob was known, above all else, for his level of originality, although unfortunately he was never quite understood by his fellow raters. Perhaps this thread will bring back memories, and I hope that his genius can be truly recognised one day. I chose Weavile because I remember it as his favourite pokemon.

Here is his most well known team. As its title suggets, it is, indeed, his team.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=416660

Weavile as an anti lead helps to compensate for my lack of a spinner by keeping Stealth Rocks off the field.

242.png

Terry. T. (Blissey)@Leftovers
Bold; Natural Cure
24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SpD
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss

Because reading his threads was Bliss. Terry. T. was one of the oldest rating and most consistent members of IGRMT. He was also a senior member of the Secret Team Testers Revolution, an organisation devoted to things which are beyond our mental powers to even think of. His threads were extremely popular and his Battle Tower streaks were consistently high; he even wrote a guide for IGRMT, although teh modz of the day turned it down.

He made a large number of threads; the following only skim his capabilities.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=424429
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=428397
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430086
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=434609
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=438623

Blissey fulfills the role of team support, setting up SR, and providing useful paralysis. Also fucks over Gengar and co.

462.png

Magnets (Magnezone)@Leftovers
Naive; Magnet Pull
40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-HP Grass
-Magnet Rise
-Explosion

Fucking Magnets. Best rater of all time, period.

Magnezone traps and kills the steel types which ruin this team otherwise.

65.png

Don Pachi (Alakazam)@Leftovers
Timid; Synchronise
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Signal Beam

Not many of you would remember this guy, but I sure do. This is more of a personal selection by me, as he is the only other person I have seen on this forum who likes Alakazam. He only posted one team in IGRMT (which he also posted in CRMT to rave reviews) but it was enough to give some of us a fleeting glimpse at true greatness in its human form. If he had stayed for longer, he may have become as prominent as the likes of Terry and Poke_noob, but that is only what might have been.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=423954

Alakazam's purpose is to lure Steel types for Magnezone to deal with, or go on a CM sweep late game. It really depends on the situation.

485.png

Dan the poke man (Heatran)@Choice Scarf
Naive; Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Electric
-Explosion

Dan was an influential force in the realm of IGRMT. A prolific rater, I recall that he gave almost every thread on the first page the benefits of his unique brand of insight. However, he is best remembered today for single handedly driving out the notorious trolls Chaotic Tyrant Vaporeon4evr, as well as forcing the noob Ungulateman into a long hiatus, all within a week. It was the beginning of a new age for IGRMT; genius team builders Lucario0708 and Terry. T. were able to prosper in the post-CT environment, leading to a renaissance of sorts.

Heatran is my revenge killer, as well as my answer to Gyarados.

130.png

Lucario0708 (Gyarados)@Leftovers
Adamant; Intimidate
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

Lucario0708 will always be remembered for his water monotype teams and groundbreaking movesets. Of these movesets, it was one for Shedinja that cemented his place in IGRMT history. If I recall correctly, he always hated Gyarados - I have used it in hope that one day he will be able to resolve this crippling internal struggle.

His handiwork:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=421205
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=424198

Gyarados is just an overused mid-game physical sweeper. He helps to take down what my other pokes can't.

Fuck this, I just have to have seven pokemon on this team...

222.png

JTrainer (Corsola)@Life Orb
Adamant; Hustle
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Recover

JTrainer was a - no, the IGMRT legend, despite having never posted in IGRMT once. He made one team, for CRMT, but nevertheless upheld many of IGRMT's core values, most notably always standing by your favourites to the end, and to question any advice that is given to you.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=429339

Feel free to rate, bask in the greatness of the former raters, or troll. If you choose to rate seriously, only treat the first six pokemon as team members. Chances are that this team is so brilliant that I won't even need to take out the big guns (i.e. Corsola), so that doesn't really need to be covered.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Flamethrower > Fire Blast on Heatran because lol miss. HP [Grass] might come in handy for Swamperts and such.

Stone Edge > Ice Fang on Gyarados. It hits more better.

Hasty nature on Weavile, and put those 4 EVs into SpD. You want to take more from physical hits anyways.

Two-attack Magnezone should use HP [Ice]. Otherwise put Signal Beam on there for Grasses.

lol CM Alakazam. HP [Fighting] or SHadow Ball over CM.

Nice team.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I almost cried when I saw this thread... cried for joy, that is :D Finally, those idiots geniueses get the recognition they so richly deserve.

Where the hell is namexx? He was one of the greats some people might actually remember, besides us old-timers, lol.

Did you forget that Dan also drove out AlTrollio (You), and Ampy the Flamer too?

Although Dan may have started out "great", he gradually "deterioriated" into "badness" towards the end of his career ;)

HP Fire > Signal Beam on Alakazam, as Fire+Psychic is only resisted by eight fully evolved Pokemon: Heatran, Houndoom, Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, and Sharpedo. If you really plan on SubCM, that's your best shot.

Stone Edge > Ice Fang on Gyara IMO, it'll allow you do deal more effectively with opposing Gyarados.

Overall, Machamp weak, and also Gengar weak to a lesser extent. Champ+Ttar absolutely works this team over, but that's OK, since you're probably not planning on using this seriously anyway.

AlCario

Banned
Flamethrower > Fire Blast on Heatran because lol miss. HP [Grass] might come in handy for Swamperts and such.

Tbh, I'm always willing to take the risk with Fire Blast. I considered HP Grass, but Swampert isn't as much of a problem as Gyara.

Stone Edge > Ice Fang on Gyarados. It hits more better.

Good point; I forgot that Salamence was Uber now.

Hasty nature on Weavile, and put those 4 EVs into SpD. You want to take more from physical hits anyways.

Very true, I'll edit that in.

Two-attack Magnezone should use HP [Ice]. Otherwise put Signal Beam on there for Grasses.

Meh, the only Grass type I need to worry about is Celebi, and that thing isn't a huge threat to this team.

Nice team.

Thank you.

I almost cried when I saw this thread... cried for joy, that is :D Finally, those idiots geniueses get the recognition they so richly deserve.

Inoryte. They have been neglected for too long.

Where the hell is namexx? He was one of the greats some people might actually remember, besides us old-timers, lol.

I was going to include him, although IMO he didn't really stand out from the others, and I always thought he was just Terry's alt anyway.

Did you forget that Dan also drove out AlTrollio (You), and Ampy the Flamer too?

For like, three days? It didn't really take us long to come back.

Although Dan may have started out "great", he gradually "deterioriated" into "badness" towards the end of his career ;)

Yes, a great disappointment, I know.

HP Fire > Signal Beam on Alakazam, as Fire+Psychic is only resisted by eight fully evolved Pokemon: Heatran, Houndoom, Slowbro, Slowking, Starmie, Crawdaunt, Tyranitar, and Sharpedo. If you really plan on SubCM, that's your best shot.

Agreed. I guess no-one would be using Houndoom in OU, so I'll probably be fine in that regard.

Overall, Machamp weak, and also Gengar weak to a lesser extent. Champ+Ttar absolutely works this team over, but that's OK, since you're probably not planning on using this seriously anyway.

Meh, I might give it a test run on Shoddy/PL/whateverpeopleusenow and see how far it gets, although I don't expect it to get any record breaking CREs.

Thanks for the rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.