• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

Rave

Banned
I'm pretty sure people of my age and generation can agree that we've already come to a point in our lives where we as fellow users who come here to congregate on this forum, associated thru a video game franchise that we grew up with in our youthful childhood, have matured, graduated college, going to grad school, getting a new job, starting a new life, etc.

Funny how someone like me first came here as a teenager and am now close to mid 20's, graduated and am still in a sense "trolling" and just messing around on these here forums. Of course, that in itself, I guess it's unethical for me to do so anymore, since I'm a substitute teacher, and that does look bad on me if a background check was done. =P *coughcoughdeletemypostsplzthxkbaicoughcough*

But I guess, since us adults with juvenile strains coursing thru our conscious streams of thought are pretty much in a sense still children in our heads, I guess what I'm asking is, do you feel that being on here, at our physical age level, think that you feel that you're too old to be on these forums anymore because of the primary demographics that it's aimed towards isn't aimed towards you anymore? Or what do you think?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I do feel kinda old being on here. I joined when I was in 6th grade and now I'm in my second year of College. I came at first to talk about the Emerald release and ending up taking a brake from this site for like 3 years. Forgot my username(Akane or something like) and rejoined under one I wouldn't forget. It's a little weird, I know used to post fanart and and played in the Games Section. Now I don't care at all.

LIke jb, I joined when I was in Grade 6 as well now I'm in my first year of university. I admire how long I've been here for, but I can't help feeling old since most people I used to know and like are gone

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ I giggled.

Oh wow, you're that old, Jb O.O?

Yeah, I feel old as well. Been here six years and counting, it looks like. I promised myself I'd leave once I get married, and though I'm not even dating yet, something tells me I'll be continuing to be a member of this site for another several years. I feel like I owe this forum a lot, since I was almost fourteen when I joined, and I was really, really hyper and very n00bish. I knew little about what went on in the world, about just how big the world is and all that. I've grown up here more than I have from school, and that's saying something.

I've been told numerous times by Mom I'm too old for Pokémon, but as she hasn't nagged me about it in months, looks like she gave up, so my love for Pokémon is still going on strong. So... here I am... posting away minutes before my bedtime... wondering what else to do.

Yup.

Kacho

You are next.
but I think everyone have their inner child D:
so IMO, no age limit? unless you have eyes problem and is too old?

Rave

Banned

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No!! I will never be to old for pokemon lol. Besides the haters can suck it.

Pomf

Harem Seeker
I just joined, but I don't feel odd being here even without nostalgia to back me up. While i've matured as far as life experience goes I still enjoy a lot of the things I did when I was younger. I still ride my shopping cart through the parking lot when leaving a grocery store, I still do the puzzles on the back of cereal boxes in the morning, and I still enjoy the games that were really my only form of escapism when I was younger. I don't exactly come from the best circumstances, so the way I see it i've earned the right to act "childish" if I want to.

I joined here when I was 15.. and I was too old for this forum at that age. More than 6 years later.. I do feel quite weird. Like daaaaamn it's really been that long?

I left this place I think late 2010.. but somehow found myself back here for some strange reason. I guess just memories or boredom?

Rave

Banned
I left this place I think late 2010.. but somehow found myself back here for some strange reason. I guess just memories or boredom?

its cuz u miss me <3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

I went AWOL about once or twice, but I always did come back. I'm not entirely sure either, but it's strange being gone for several months, and then coming back to find your account is still up. (Yeah, I thought Serebii deletes accounts after being inactive for, like, six months xD.) I hope to never do it again without leaving a little warning note in my sig, I remember feeling guilty about it. Especially since so much stuff happened in that period of time that I wish I was there to witness it.

That and some people I contacted through here somehow up-and-left as well for reasons I haven't figured out yet. Oh well...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Do I feel too old to be on here? Well, not really. I don't think Pokemon is something that I'll ever outgrow, even if I grow to hate where the series goes or the series just completely dies, I'll still have the older games to play for years. What I do feel, though, is that life is trying to push me in a direction of "all work and no play" as I'm being forced to spend ridiculous amounts of time on school, work, chores, errands, etc. and little to no free time in order to become remotely successful in life, and I'm not happy about that.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
I came here five years ago because I was, like almost everyone else here, a Pokemon fan. Now I've lost interest in Pokemon and just come here for the community and when I'm bored.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I joined when i was like 13 or something like that and now I'm 17 about to get outta highschool

I left for awhile partially because I got banned for 4 months but I came back because i felt like it and i still play pokemon somewhat and SPP is the best info source for pokemon so why not keep going to these mediocre forums?

why would i feel like I am too old for this when I'm meeting people who are almost in their 30s and liking the same things as I am? lol

But yeah, I joined about a year ago when Black and White came out.

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I joined this a month ago when I was 15...no I will never stop loving Pokemon. I'm never going to get too old for it and that's that. I'm a very impish person in nature.