• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't see what's so surprising about Jb's age.

I think you know full well what I'm getting at.

Speaking of, do you think that if I put anime tits in my signature, I'll be more likable?

More power to you.

All the cool kids tell other people what they're dropping in their signatures.

Charazemma

21, graduate, fully fledged adult. I feel no shame!

I actually know (well, know of, through friends) plenty of people my age who are into it, especially competitive battling. From going to a few comic-cons and the likes of GAME events, I'm starting to think that maybe its more popular with young adults and older teens than I'd ever have imagined... But I also think that in the UK (no idea about the rest of the world) there are a hell of a lot of people, who went I mention it to them, or if I see things on blogs etc, claim to have loved it since RBY, and still to this day, but couldn't name you a Pokemon after mew... there's a lot of nostalgia about at the moment.

Got into Pokemon when I was 6

Joined Serebii when I was 12; when I asked for PBR my mom made me feel kinda bad for still liking Pokemon

Because of that, when I was 13, I tried to stray away from it but I was still into it

But I got uninterested interested in Pokemon like as soon as I turned 14

Got back interested when I was 16, but got uninterested shortly after

Now at 17 I'm back into it and I'm not ashamed. I like what I like. No one's opinion but mine matters. I even ordered HeartGold online two days ago, it should be here this weekend or Monday; can't wait!. And I'm gonna get Black 2 soon

*IZ*

Ugh you pick the worst two.

There's nothing wrong with sports. :p

Im sure that in like 6 more years someone will remake this thread and I'll be able to post something cool like how the older members are doing.

Rave

Banned

ParaChomp

be your own guru

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I remember I joined here in 06' to get in-touch with pokemon stuff. 6 years later I still do(kind of lol). I used to post a lot in the pokemon boards, but recently I've been in the OVGD(mostly in the CoD topic posting news).

I still care about pokemon, just not playing the games much. The only thing that's bringing me back are the events. But since B/W 2 are coming real soon, I'll be enjoying pokemon once again.

Rave

Banned

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
I just turned 22 a couple of days ago. I feel kind of old being here especially when I see that a lot of members here are younger than me. But if I go on to a gun forum a lot of people are older than me. The pokemon series is targeting to the same young audience that it was targeting when red and blue came out. The pokemon series did not "mature" to keep up with those of us who started with gen 1. This is also why you see little to no references to previous games because the kids who are buying black and white today would not know about beating team rocket at the pokemon tower or beating the champion, Lance. It's been over 10 years since I last played blue but I still think the series is fun.

Princess Neise

Breaking the Mold
I'm 17 teen and I love pokemon! I really don't think I will ever stop loving pokemon. I haven't been really active member of serebii because for a while I had lost my password. I'm happy that so many more girls who like pokemon have joined Anime club!

Firebrand

Indomitable
I figured "eh, I might grow out of it when I hit college." Turns out both my roommates play. So, yeah, that's not happening.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I sometimes feel pretty old here, being 20 years old now. Though like some others say, I don't think I really have the mind of a 20 year old. The one thing I've been noticing more and more of is that I've been finding myself with less and less time to dedicate to this site. Though I'd say this was especially last year, which was actually quite busy. After a few setbacks, I find this year leaves me a lot more busy being tired with the time I do spend working rather than having my hands full all around the clock.

If there's one thing I notice, it's that Serebii Forums kind of seems to have its own generations. On the games section, I can see a definite group of distinctly more mature users who kind of have their own community. I started Pokemon Big Brother in that section quite a few years ago, and managing to keep it alive allows me to take some trips down memory lane a couple of times and re-watch Endoplasmic Reticulum, The Meddler and myself bickering over things as angsty, newly-pubescent young'uns who probably take things a little too seriously.

Using google to dig up ancient, closed threads from the catacombs has also proven interesting to see. I've gotten to watch the Royal Rumbles start out as barely having any sort of rules whatsoever to being an extremely organized game with some big ol' rule books to it, all the while, ER moving on from being a relatively unknown brother of a well known player with crobat as his trademark pokémon to beginning to make his own name, with many name changes along the way (often needing to correct me on what to call him more times than he may rather), to finally becoming a really big cheese in the Rumble community. Also, I've been able to watch the reality show-style games in the Games section start out as a couple of relatively cheaply-written gimmick games to evolving into a genre of serebii games in their own right, with many different shades of the prototype, some of which actually executed with some form of good literacy and plot work. It's really interesting to look at if you try.

All that considered, I personally wouldn't say that this is a question of being too old for the site so much as it's one of which generation you fit into. There are groups of younger users who do their thing, and groups of older, more mature users with their own more mature activities and discussions.

And then people try to get in on things out of their age group, and everything gets all muddled up. :S

Hudsonn98

I'm only fourteen and by the sound of it, I'll be here for a while. All of these people in their twenties are still here so I have at least six more years...

-Raiga-

I'm not really sure how I got to serebii to be honest. I was in fourth grade, and my family just go the internet, so I guess I looked up something for pokemon gold/silver and serebii's pokedex was the first to pop up.

After going through the entire side-bar on the main site I found the forums, and being such a fan of art at the time, I got sucked into the fan-sprites section. It was so cool to see people taking these pokemon I was just battling with in-game, and fusing them together, or making a trainer card. Back then the fan-sprites section got a page of new gallery's, it was awesome to see and talk to everyone.

I could say I wasted many of my later years on serebii, but I know I would have spent them on some other game forum most likely. No matter how I look at it though, I've enjoyed my time here even if the current threads don't appeal to me because of the general age factor. Everyone has to grow up sometime, but I'm not bothered by it being later then most for me, simply BECAUSE I've enjoyed it, and that's all that matters.

On a side-note, I really hope nintendo decides to do some new things with the pokemon series, it would be great to see the boards booming like they were when r/s/ and d/p came out. Those were crazy times haha.

EDIT: Also, was there some kind of board switch between 2003/2004? I rarely see anyone else with 2004 in their profile(though obviously many aren't active I'm sure), and no one with 2003

Last edited:

Flash-Sama

...Nonsense
Yea I deff feel old on here..talking about my link cable and recharchable battery pack for my gameboy color...hahahhaa but yea, Pokemon is still targeting the younger audience like it did back in my day, but I still have a few friend who are into pokemon still, but they're no good at competitive battling and they don't want to battle me anymore since I started back with competitive battling again from a 2-3 year break

I'm eighteen. I've always been pretty immature, so it's not surprising that I would join a Pokemon forum. I don't really mind that I'm childish, it's the other people growing up that sucks. I've been using the serebii website since I was 12, but I only joined the forums recently. Maybe I am too old, but I don't have anyone else to talk in depth with about Pokemon. I have friends that play it, but they still believe that Explosion can hit ghost types. I can talk to them about some things, but I can't theorize or go too in depth with my friends.

So, I'm okay with being too old.