• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "I'm too old to be on here" thread.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I'm 22. Age doesn't matter to me, I will love Pokemon characters 'till i'm old and wrinkled. :U

A lady I saw working at a dog store today also wore a Pikachu shirt. :)

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
I never felt to old for anything. I like what I like besides liking Pokemon at 16 is pretty common right?

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I never felt to old for anything. I like what I like besides liking Pokemon at 16 is pretty common right?

I see a lot of 16 year olds on Pokemon forums (this one included) all the time.

:)

And all the BIGGER pokemon fans I met in my town were all adults. One watched the anime EVERY SATERDAY!!! and she was over 30.

:)

Her favorite pokemon was also Skitty ^_^ And her favorite person was Brock, I think. Or May. I don't really remember, one of those 2...

And a guy from my group loved team rocket AND CHARIZARD AND POSSABLY PRIMATE TOO....

Age is all in the mind, really.

Recon

I'm in college, still loving Pokemon, and the only Freshman to become a gymleader at my school's Pokemon league

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I am too old to be on some kiddy Pokemon forum.

I should be watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic like normal guys my age.

Recon

Your school has its own Pokemon League? I'm jealous.

Damn dude.. I wish there was some type of club like that in mine.. >.>

You all be surprised at what a Game Developments Club can do besides develop games.

Also, I rock at Pokemon Trivia/Jeopardy. Almost did a full sweep of the board and won myself a hand-made woven Masterball

Encyclopika

The Queen
I think of everyone on here, I should feel the most ashamed. :p I'm 22, in college about to graduate, and yet, I still come to a Pokemon forum to be a peacemaker and sort of police person, that I've been for the past...uh...five years? But I don't care, I like it. Gone are the days when people made fun of you for being too old to like Pokemon. I'll always love Pikachu and appreciate Pokemon. Of all the things that made a solid impact on my life, Pokemon, and even this forum itself actually, now that I think about it, is really up there after all of the important family, friends, and school. I wouldn't know half of the wonderful people I get to talk to now without it. :D

Skydra

I really don't apply yet due to my age, but I foresee being on this forum for a while. Serebii is the one place I feel able to let almost anything out about many topics. And, of course, I'll be playing good video games if my life allows it, and Pokemon definitely qualifies in those. I'll surely be around for further generations of Pokemon.

You're 16 and in college? Da ****?
Be wary. In the UK the whole thing is flip-flopped. College = High School. University = College. The English are just being all high and mighty with their more impressive sounding words and unnecessary added letters.

I joined this forum when I was 14. That was about eight years ago. I'm 22 now. Time sure ****ing flies. I do honestly feel too old to be here when I see people posting things like, "I was in preschool when Pokemon Red came out!" or "I got Pokemon Emerald when I was eight!" It makes me physically sick.

This place did have a certain appeal when I was still in high school, though. None of my friends liked Pokemon, so this was a place for me to talk about Pokemon. It was actually thanks to this forum that I discovered that liking Pokemon in my mid teens wasn't something to be ashamed of. I had actually been hiding my interest in Pokemon from my peers and siblings because they would make fun of me for liking Pokemon. Finally, when I was about 15 or so, I was like "screw that" and started watching Pokemon right in front of my sister. Ever since, I've been completely open about my interest in Pokemon. I don't like it any less than I did back then. Sure, I don't have the same amount of time to play the games, but I don't think I'll stop liking it any time soon.

My time here had its ups and downs. The downs largely came from how everyone seemed buddy-buddy with each other and I didn't have my own group. I always felt like an outsider, even during my time on the staff. When I was a mod (OMG GUYZ HERE WE GO) I was somewhat obsessed with the job. Then I started to realize that my efforts were in vain, went unappreciated or unnoticed, and that I shouldn't worry about things I can't control. However, sometimes I miss the job and have considered becoming more active on the forum again and perhaps to offer my services. I haven't decided, and I don't know if my help or services are welcomed and/or needed.

I have also embarrassed myself on here. I used to draw horrible, horrible free commissions for people.

Rave

Banned
Not really. Most sixteen year olds these days are more into Call of Duty, Sports, Jersey Shore, etc.

Nice to see that still hasn't changed.