• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Incredible Hulk - Iron Man's sexier younger brother.

Batdude

Old school
So from what Stark and Ross were saying, do you think it's more likely that Stark was talking about Captain America when he was talking about building a team...? In fairness Ross'd probably be the last person one would go to if recruiting Banner was his aim.

Loving the package addressed to David B at the end too...

Was his name David in Hulk, before his dad showed up?

I gotta say, "Hulk vs Abomination" kinda outclasses "Hulk vs three mutant dogs" and "Hulk vs a thundercloud". Abomination stays the way he is permanently now, doesn't he?

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Nope. Stark has no clue about Cap. Stark's talking about the Avengers. See, at the end of Iron Man (end credits scene) Stark was approached by Nick Fury about the Avengers Initiative. Then in Hulk, he explains that he's building a team. that team is Avengers and they save Cap from the chunk of ice he'll be in.

Don't remember the Hulk movie. I think that's been decanonized with this reboot. And ya Abomination is stuck that way much like Ben Grimm is stuck as the Thing.

Either way, classic Avengers in 2011. I just hope future movies will have Vision, Hawkeye and a few other classics dealing with Baron Zemo.

LX

Last edited:

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Don't remember the Hulk movie. I think that's been decanonized with this reboot.

That was the plan, yes. Unfortunately you have a ton of people who are convinced that it's a sequel rather than a reboot.

Nidogod

When I saw it yesterday it was honestly the loudest movie I've ever seen. It was the only time I went to a movie and I came out with my ears hurting from how damn loud it was.

Batdude

Old school
Nope. Stark has no clue about Cap. Stark's talking about the Avengers. See, at the end of Iron Man (end credits scene) Stark was approached by Nick Fury about the Avengers Initiative. Then in Hulk, he explains that he's building a team. that team is Avengers and they save Cap from the chunk of ice he'll be in.
Yeah, that's what I meant, I must have just worded it very badly... I meant was Stark talking about building a team with CapAm being the final result of that conversation as opposed to the Hulk. Obviously Ross would have known about him, given that he was holding the super soldier stuff, so is it essentially that Iron Man came into a Hulk movie to ask about Captain America...?

The scene at the end of Iron Man was brilliant, I didn't know what to expect but figured I should stay til after the credits cos a couple of others were. Sam Jackson, what a man...

That was the plan, yes. Unfortunately you have a ton of people who are convinced that it's a sequel rather than a reboot.
The entirely different cast, origin story and appearance of the Hulk aren't enough for them, no...? That's disappointing... It's like calling Batman Begins a sequel to Batman & Robin, it just isn't done!

Nidogod said:
When I saw it yesterday it was honestly the loudest movie I've ever seen. It was the only time I went to a movie and I came out with my ears hurting from how damn loud it was.
"Hulk smash" ftw!

Clash

He's Back!
Why is this released? Wasn't there a Hulk movie not too long ago? Or did Marvel want to redeem themselves from their awful display in the previous Hulk movie?

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
They made a better movie this time and it links together with Iron Man. They made a new one because Marvel felt the other one just didn't live up to the Hulk name. It wasn't that great so they made a reboot. It isn't really a sequel.

Hulk movies are naturally supposed to be loud. Hulk's pretty loud on his own.

Can't wait for next year's linked movies.

LX

Cobalt_Latios

Well, this bodes rather well; only about 40 minutes after coming back from seeing The Incredible Hulk, I find this topic. I had a feeling it'd pop up. I'll post my own comment afterwards, akin to what I did back in the "Iron Mon" topic! (sorry about that, the typo in that thread was too funny to pass off mentioning... you could dismiss if you want, I just did that for the heck of it).

I saw it last night as well, and I was glad that they were careful not to repeat the past. Plus not only leaves the door wide open for a sequel but an entire universe of Marvel movies. Avengers assemble!
Yes, these few years are going to be action packed.

Ah this movie was totally brilliant...
D'ACCORD!!

"Hulk smash!"... I honestly didn't think they'd go there, but it felt pretty damn good... I wasn't crazy about the whole "let's put out the fire by clapping my hands" part though.
The Hulk Smash was pretty well conceived. The timing of it was pure brilliance
Abomination:*preparing to whip around sound chains with weights* ANY LAST WORDS??
Hulk: HULK S-M-A-S-H!!

Why hello Tony Stark, fancy seeing you here! =D
If you were observant enough (no offense, just saying), you would have noticed some papers that had "STARK INDUSTRIES" written somewhere. It's in the opening credits.

Tony Stark cameos? Where?
Even though it's already answered, it's the last scene in the movie. Don't worry, you won't have to stick around after the credits to see it this time.

Heed the call. Stark's putting a team together. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Yeah! This movie was awesome! Way better than the 2003 one. Hulk looked much better and was more like the old TV show. I liked how Banner's starting to get control of the Hulk. That and I like how they set up the Leader. At first, my friend Mark and I thought Mr. Blue was Reed Richards. That would have been cool.
Call me a dolt if you want, but... is Fantastic Four part of Marvel? Okay, sure dumb question, but it's a little tricky for me to remember these things. It doesn't help that I've seen the first two movies of 'em.

Anyway, this movie was awesome. Cool Tony Stark cameo. Cool action. Good story. And it's the beginning of a greater universe for the movies.
I supposed if getting technical is a good thing, he got both a cameo, and an early reference (STARK Industries anyone?). That was actually my first clue. Though, I did hear he was going to make a cameo anyways. It was a lot cooler than I expected. Really fun^^.

Next up in this series is Thor. Followed by Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Spider-Man 4, Wolverine, First Avenger: Captain America and Avengers.
Whoa, whoa... wait. Hulk 2?? What makes you so sure?

Cap orginally was going to have a cameo in Hulk. But, it was cut and they'll have it on the dvd. Either way, I have a feeling the plot of the Avengers movie will be to handle the Hulk.
I suppose that's were Starks alleged "Hulk Destroyer" comes in handy (help: I don't know if that's the real name of that particular suit).

Spider Man 4?... For the love of God I hope you're joking...
Sadly, no. However, seeing how both Iron Man, and Incredible Hulk were both handled more or less (produced really, but still) by Marvel Studios, then there's a strong chance they could turn things around by having said studio handle Spider Man 4. If they can pull out two great movies side by side (May= Iron Man, June= Incredible Hulk), then I don't see why Marvel Studios shouldn't have some reigns on the next Spider Man movie.

And with a different cast this tmie around. They'll probably have The Lizard.
So, it seems the "original cast", was... "it's Achilles heal"... I believe I need a better quote or something for this. Any suggestions?

Also, [Offtopic] I'm half hoping that Venom makes a return. He was way too brief and was actually quite... intimidating. But seeing them use Lizard is fine enough as it is.[/Offtopic]

..... God damn it....
Like I said before, just hope that Marvel has most of the reigns.

That reminds me, why hasn't anyone mentioned Nick Fury. I mean, his name does actually appear in the opening credits. I am not joking here. Right after you see "STARK INDUSTRIES" you see some kind of profile thing, and the name Nick Fury is indeed there. So, it's kind of strange that his mention is a little... null, if you get where I'm going.

Don't remember the Hulk movie. I think that's been decanonized with this reboot. And ya Abomination is stuck that way much like Ben Grimm is stuck as the Thing.
1. I for one haven't seen the '03 rendition of the Hulk, and am incredibly glad I did not. I've saved myself some pain apparently. I really hope people will "forget" the other one even existed.
2. However, in the first F4, Ben was able to go back to normal, but chose against it to help his "teammates". But, yes in general, he's stuck.

Either way, classic Avengers in 2011. I just hope future movies will have Vision, Hawkeye and a few other classics dealing with Baron Zemo.
Who?? Yes, I know, I'm not well versed in this type of stuff. I know the barebones as in, who each character is and the gist of most of their origins, but, aside from that I really don't know. a PM to get an idea wouldn't hurt though.

I consider myself somewhat mal-informed, and yet I knew this was an attempted remake. Of course, compared to most people I know, well they're even less informed than I am. Oh well, so long as people talk about this one more, we should be fine.

They made a better movie this time and it links together with Iron Man. They made a new one because Marvel felt the other one just didn't live up to the Hulk name. It wasn't that great so they made a reboot. It isn't really a sequel.
Not only that, Marvel seems to want to be directing this whole thing (in a matter of speaking). Honestly, with the two movies we've had, I really don't mind. If they can keep this level of quality up, then I really don't have any quailms whatsoever.

...Hmm, this about does it. Okay, here it goes...

Wow, just wow. From what I've been hearing, this movie was apparently very good. It was, it honestly was. At the moment of typing this, it has now been about 70 minutes from seeing it, but I still have the movie fresh enough in memory to give my... 10 cents on this movie (I'd say 50- but the rest of that doesn't really "appeal" to me).

Okay, so, from the basic standpoint one of the things I noticed from this movie, was that Bruce was attempting to "control" his anger to prevent himself from going "green". The fact that he has a pedometer (it's something that measures your heart rate, but, if someone knows the correct name for it I'll change this post for it) to "know" when he's at risk was a nice touch. The whole "control" thing also lead to a funny line...

Bruce*in bad portuguese*: your making me hungry!
Gregori(I think that's his name)*in portuguese*:what?
Bruce: You won't like it when I'm hungry!

Next off, the whole "reunion" was good, it shows that he's going to try and get his problem cured... and leads to other neat things.

Personally, the whole home thing was well done, showing that he's trying to stay hidden as much as possible. I don't know about you guys, but near the beginning, I really hated that General, and didn't quite mind the "hunter" as I called him.

And the whole battle against the military. I sware, the whole "superhuman" against "gamma-human" half reminded me of the "nemesis" vs. "super-alice" thing in RE2:A. However, this is a very poor comparison as I'm aware, but it's the only thing that I could think of. I also thought (albeit, slightly cliche) that protecting his loved ones was a neat touch to adding some strength to him, alongside using iron shields.

Now, the thing that I truly loved about this, was that they made the Hulk into a more "primitive" creature, as opposed to some kind of super monster. Making him talk was a great touch, something that gave him much more character to him. I thought those two nerds watching the whole battle was pretty funny too. I guess that was a bit inevitable.

*hometown/canadian cameo!* the reporter for the "military battle" was indeed a reporter from A-Channel Barrie's own Jee-Yun Lee; an actual reporter on that channel (in case your wondering, Barrie is a city just north of Toronto... just in case).

From there on, most of it involves both Betty and Bruce trying to stay hidden... up till the final fight scene. Personally, this was a much better scene than the one in Iron Man, simply because it didn't feel like the protagonist was at a slight disadvantage (not that people on this board mind that is, we're pretty used it ;)). And, this didn't quite feel like monster vs. monster, because the Abomination did in fact talk. Makes it more personal, if you get where I'm going.

I found Bruce's ending suitable, because it shows that he still has a few quirks to work out with his... "anger management", but the real prize goes to Stark's ending, which pretty much pulled it from there.

This is going to be some movies were going to be seeing. If they keep this level of quality there, mmm, Marvel's got something going.

Oh, and by the way, most of this movie was in fact filmed in Canada. Mostly in Toronto (for the fight scene anyways), but that fact that a good chunk of this movie actually takes place on familiar grounds is really something to be happy about. But lets not forget Brazil, who also had a good portion there, and the U.S. for the NYC part.

Wow, never expected this post to take so long. Glad I got most of my points in there.

p.s. I like this one better than Iron Man on the character/plot/action thing, but Iron Man still beats this thing on the "tech" scale.

~C_L~

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Well, this bodes rather well; only about 40 minutes after coming back from seeing The Incredible Hulk, I find this topic. I had a feeling it'd pop up. I'll post my own comment afterwards, akin to what I did back in the "Iron Mon" topic! (sorry about that, the typo in that thread was too funny to pass off mentioning... you could dismiss if you want, I just did that for the heck of it).

Yes. I'm glad you liked the movie. Was a fair bit better than Ang Lee's adaptation. This one was a fair bit like the old tv show. They eve had similar machines explain his origin. That machine he sat in was the same one fom the Hulk tv show. Pretty sweet and definitely cool.

Yes, these few years are going to be action packed.

Yep. The Marvel Universe is here to stay. Not many more of Stan Lee's creations have been on the silver screen. Though, I was kind of hoping for the Inhumans in an FF sequel.

Call me a dolt if you want, but... is Fantastic Four part of Marvel? Okay, sure dumb question, but it's a little tricky for me to remember these things. It doesn't help that I've seen the first two movies of 'em.

There are no dumb questions unless you're an elected official. The Fantastic Four are part of Marvel. They formed the cornerstone of the current Marvel Universe in 1961 thanks to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The team was formed to compete with the then new Justice League of America. Which is ironic considering the Avengers are their counterparts.

You aren't a dolt. No worries.

I supposed if getting technical is a good thing, he got both a cameo, and an early reference (STARK Industries anyone?). That was actually my first clue. Though, I did hear he was going to make a cameo anyways. It was a lot cooler than I expected. Really fun^^.

Yeah. Both Stark and Fury got early references. Good thing and it links up the universe. The super soldier serum was also mentioned and it's what gave Abomination his edge before his transformation. Blonsky was pretty much like Captain America until he wanted more than he can chew. Cap handled it much better. We'll be seing the living legend of WWII, soon.

Whoa, whoa... wait. Hulk 2?? What makes you so sure?

Not really sure but it had good box office reports. Then again, there was set up for the Leader when Sterns got banner's blood in him. We shall see. This was still a good superhero movie.

I suppose that's were Starks alleged "Hulk Destroyer" comes in handy (help: I don't know if that's the real name of that particular suit).

The Hulkbuster armor. Created in the event Hulk goes rogue. Stark also made a magic infused Thorbuster armor for the same purpose. A new version of the Hulkbuster was used when Hulk returned to Earth in World War Hulk.

That reminds me, why hasn't anyone mentioned Nick Fury. I mean, his name does actually appear in the opening credits. I am not joking here. Right after you see "STARK INDUSTRIES" you see some kind of profile thing, and the name Nick Fury is indeed there. So, it's kind of strange that his mention is a little... null, if you get where I'm going.

Saw the name. Was awesome. I guess they couldnt get Sam Jackson.

Who?? Yes, I know, I'm not well versed in this type of stuff. I know the barebones as in, who each character is and the gist of most of their origins, but, aside from that I really don't know. a PM to get an idea wouldn't hurt though.

Baron Helmut Zemo is the son of the Baron Zemo who fought Captain America and formed the first Masters of Evil. This man, before he "reformed" led this team of villains from all over the Marvel Universe (mostly Avengers baddies but some Spidey villains have been in it). The organization was dedicated to distroying the Avengers.

To show how evil Zemo is, he led the charge to distroy Avengers Mansion, subdued Cap and ripped apart Cap's belongings, including pictures of his mother and others he left behind in the 1940s. Zemo was also a Nazi follower like his father Baron Heinreich Zemo who served Hitler diligently.

I consider myself somewhat mal-informed, and yet I knew this was an attempted remake. Of course, compared to most people I know, well they're even less informed than I am. Oh well, so long as people talk about this one more, we should be fine.

You're still learning. Don't worry. I'll be here to inform ya.

Not only that, Marvel seems to want to be directing this whole thing (in a matter of speaking). Honestly, with the two movies we've had, I really don't mind. If they can keep this level of quality up, then I really don't have any quailms whatsoever.

They probably will. Marvel's working really close with them. Pedometer counters your steps. It's a pulse reader he was using.

Personally, the whole home thing was well done, showing that he's trying to stay hidden as much as possible. I don't know about you guys, but near the beginning, I really hated that General, and didn't quite mind the "hunter" as I called him.

We're not supposed to like General Ross. The man's a dick. Bigger dick in the comics.

Now, the thing that I truly loved about this, was that they made the Hulk into a more "primitive" creature, as opposed to some kind of super monster. Making him talk was a great touch, something that gave him much more character to him. I thought those two nerds watching the whole battle was pretty funny too. I guess that was a bit inevitable.

That was the Savage Hulk. Hulk in his first app was gray.. They changed it though. He's also had different personas over the years. Gangster and Professor Hulk being two of them.

LX

P.S. Avengers Assemble!

ForteAnly

This movie was just plain awesome. Kinda dissapointed that their wasn't a teaser at the end but I guess that's what Stark was for.

Cobalt_Latios

Yes. I'm glad you liked the movie. Was a fair bit better than Ang Lee's adaptation. This one was a fair bit like the old tv show. They eve had similar machines explain his origin. That machine he sat in was the same one fom the Hulk tv show. Pretty sweet and definitely cool.
Neat. Can't believe I didn't mention this. Apparently the guy who played the original Hulk in the tv show also makes a cameo as the security guard when Bruce acts as a pizza guy. Lou Ferrigno. And, he also voices Hulk as well. My mind must have gone blank while typing... least I remembered that. And while I'm at it, the guy who drinks the contaminated juice is in fact... Stan Lee!

There are no dumb questions unless you're an elected official. The Fantastic Four are part of Marvel. They formed the cornerstone of the current Marvel Universe in 1961 thanks to Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The team was formed to compete with the then new Justice League of America. Which is ironic considering the Avengers are their counterparts.
I had a feeling they were Marvel, but with all these SuperHero movies on the horizon, (and considering Dark Knight is DC, it can be confusing) I really hadn't the faintest of clues. I even thought F4 was part of DC... but that's an entirely different group altogether (funny, the only decent DC adaptation are the Batman remakes; The "Return of Superman" didn't really return that much. Seems Marvel knows what they're doing).

Yeah. Both Stark and Fury got early references. Good thing and it links up the universe.
The funny thing is, had I not known about the "End Credits" surprise in Iron Man, and the whole "linking up" thing, I probably wouldn't have even taken notice to both those remarks. Funny how I found out about these on a Pokémon forum, of all places.

The super soldier serum was also mentioned and it's what gave Abomination his edge before his transformation. Blonsky was pretty much like Captain America until he wanted more than he can chew. Cap handled it much better. We'll be seing the living legend of WWII, soon.
Found this out as well from some of the "trivia" stuff on IMDB. Blonsky, kept forgetting the guy's name. Not exactly the most memorable of names is it...

So, I guess C.A. is next then?

Not really sure but it had good box office reports. Then again, there was set up for the Leader when Sterns got banner's blood in him. We shall see. This was still a good superhero movie.
Indeed. Though, had IH been a bit earlier, it could have potentially killed Indy. Good thing they set it back some. Also, I thought that guy got chucked out the window... or was that someone else entirely?

The Hulkbuster armor. Created in the event Hulk goes rogue. Stark also made a magic infused Thorbuster armor for the same purpose. A new version of the Hulkbuster was used when Hulk returned to Earth in World War Hulk.
Hulkbuster, got it. Knew it has something to do with it. I remember reading an entire article on IGN about the history of Iron Man, with all the different suits. Pity, should have saved it. Very detailed. I'm certain you'd find it most interesting.

Baron Helmut Zemo is the son of the Baron Zemo who fought Captain America and formed the first Masters of Evil. This man, before he "reformed" led this team of villains from all over the Marvel Universe (mostly Avengers baddies but some Spidey villains have been in it). The organization was dedicated to distroying the Avengers.
So, in other words, this is one of the main baddies from C.A. then? Okay, that works for me. Wonder if this "organization"'s members get along well enough?

To show how evil Zemo is, he led the charge to distroy Avengers Mansion, subdued Cap and ripped apart Cap's belongings, including pictures of his mother and others he left behind in the 1940s. Zemo was also a Nazi follower like his father Baron Heinreich Zemo who served Hitler diligently.
Seems no matter what you do, politics always mingle themselves with these plotlines...

You're still learning. Don't worry. I'll be here to inform ya.
You seem to have a wealth of comic book knowledge. I guess all forums need the usual experts in a specific field. Much like how Latios is the, I suppose expert of the tech department (as in, computers and the like. It's a good thing he's around to give a hand in situations).

Pedometer counters your steps. It's a pulse reader he was using.
I knew it was something like that, just thought there was somekind of fancy name. Kinda reminds me of the way that T.S. has that magnet in his chest. Only, this thing isn't life threatening... just very aggravating.

We're not supposed to like General Ross. The man's a dick. Bigger dick in the comics.
Good, just so long as that's the intention, I'm fine with it.

That was the Savage Hulk. Hulk in his first app was gray.. They changed it though. He's also had different personas over the years. Gangster and Professor Hulk being two of them.
1. I cannot picture Hulk gray;
2. I never want them to go with the "gangster" persona. Nope, we have enough of that as it is, and it hasn't exactly been... a good thing.

Thanks LX, I really appreciate some of the coverage. This also helps some of the other members who aren't as versed in the comics as others would be.

~C_L~

Batdude

Old school
Cobalt_Latios said:
If you were observant enough (no offense, just saying), you would have noticed some papers that had "STARK INDUSTRIES" written somewhere. It's in the opening credits.
I noticed, yes!

Ah, something you two were just saying has triggered something...

Now, as CL said, this may come across as a stupid question, so apologies, but before he jumped out of the chopper to fight Abomination he talks about "aiming" his anger, so to speak, giving him a certain degree of control.

Now my question is, is he deliberately speeding up his heart rate at the end because he is now in a position to control it...?

And as for the gray Hulk thing... I was never a big fan of the Hulk as a kid, never really got the point of him, but I remember seeing the cartoon once, and there was the green "savage" Hulk, and a gray Hulk who seemed quite intelligent really. So what was the story there...? From what I remember the green Hulk and Banner were separated, and then Banner turned gray when he transformed. Or is it the other way around...?
Ah, the Fantastic Four... I'm embarrassed to say that in my youth I considered Beast, Hulk and the Thing to be the same character with their only difference being in colour. Oh the folly of my youth...

Also, on another side-note, did they ever have Juggernaut fighting Hulk...?

mifune

What I loved about this was the throwbacks to the old tv show, I was a kid when that was out, and I loved me some Hulk back then.

For those of you that used to watch the show I won't spoil it for you, but there is at least three throwbacks to the old tv show.

And I can't wait to see what else Marvel has in store for us, now that they are in control of their properties they are 2 for 2.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Neat. Can't believe I didn't mention this. Apparently the guy who played the original Hulk in the tv show also makes a cameo as the security guard when Bruce acts as a pizza guy. Lou Ferrigno. And, he also voices Hulk as well. My mind must have gone blank while typing... least I remembered that. And while I'm at it, the guy who drinks the contaminated juice is in fact... Stan Lee!

Yeah. It was funny seeing Lou Ferrigno in there as Bill Biby died some time ago. It's always good to see Stan the Man in a movie. Here's hoping he cameos in the rest of his creations!

I had a feeling they were Marvel, but with all these SuperHero movies on the horizon, (and considering Dark Knight is DC, it can be confusing) I really hadn't the faintest of clues. I even thought F4 was part of DC... but that's an entirely different group altogether (funny, the only decent DC adaptation are the Batman remakes; The "Return of Superman" didn't really return that much. Seems Marvel knows what they're doing).

I guess it can be confusing. But, just look up information on who belongs to what company. Batman, Superman and JLA are propety of DC and Warner Bros. Marvel owns Spidey, FF, Avengers, Hulk, X-Men and more. But, you should know that the next superhero movies coming out aren't either Marvel or DC. These are Hellboy and Hancock. Hellbouy's owned by Valliant and Hancock is strictly made up.

So, I guess C.A. is next then?

This is the breakdown of the Marvel movie schedule:

Punisher: War Zone December 5, 2008
X-Men Origins: Wolverine May 1, 2009
Iron Man 2 April 30, 2010
Thor June 2010
Spider-Man 4 2010
Captain America: The First Avenger May 2011
The Avengers July 2011

Hulkbuster, got it. Knew it has something to do with it. I remember reading an entire article on IGN about the history of Iron Man, with all the different suits. Pity, should have saved it. Very detailed. I'm certain you'd find it most interesting.

Yeah. I would. But, I have the Iron Manual. It's a book detailing Iron Man's armor through the years from gunmetal gray to his current armor.

So, in other words, this is one of the main baddies from C.A. then? Okay, that works for me. Wonder if this "organization"'s members get along well enough?

One of them. The main baddie for Cap is and always will be Red Skull. Another Nazi. Only this one's taken to more mystical stuff lately. The Masters of Evil sometimes got along. Sometimes they didn't. It depended on the membership, really.

Seems no matter what you do, politics always mingle themselves with these plotlines...

It's part of what makes Marvel so great. They use real life things for our heroes to face. X-Men can be said to be an allegory for racism. The mutant gene knows no gender or race or sexual preference. Yet, we have mutants from all walks of life. Same with our regular heroes.

Marvel's finest has always had to deal with governments in some way. Especially now with the Superhuman Registration Act.

You seem to have a wealth of comic book knowledge. I guess all forums need the usual experts in a specific field. Much like how Latios is the, I suppose expert of the tech department (as in, computers and the like. It's a good thing he's around to give a hand in situations).

I've just been reading comics since the late 1980s. Nothing Encyclopedic about it. I also have old stories in trade paperback form covering most of Stan Lee's work in the 1960s.

I knew it was something like that, just thought there was somekind of fancy name. Kinda reminds me of the way that T.S. has that magnet in his chest. Only, this thing isn't life threatening... just very aggravating.

Heh. Just wait until Iron Man 2 deals with Stark's alcoholism.

1. I cannot picture Hulk gray;
2. I never want them to go with the "gangster" persona. Nope, we have enough of that as it is, and it hasn't exactly been... a good thing.

Thanks LX, I really appreciate some of the coverage. This also helps some of the other members who aren't as versed in the comics as others would be.

~C_L~

Yup. Hulk was gray in his first appearence. Then they did a pallet swap because green was less expensive to use than gray ink. The gangster persona wasn't like "Yo homey yo." This was more mob enforcer. Hulk caled himself Joe Fixit. The series was good but fans liked it when Hulk turned back to green.

Then all his personalities fused to create smart, Professor Hulk. Thanks to Doc Samson.

And you are welcome.

LX

Cobalt_Latios

Heh. Just wait until Iron Man 2 deals with Stark's alcoholism.
Oh joy, I can't wait...

Yup. Hulk was gray in his first appearence. Then they did a pallet swap because green was less expensive to use than gray ink. The gangster persona wasn't like "Yo homey yo." This was more mob enforcer. Hulk caled himself Joe Fixit. The series was good but fans liked it when Hulk turned back to green.
Okay, so it's not the "gangsta", but more of the Mobster that he becomes. Oh, okay so it's the old style New York gangster type thing. Glad to know.

~C_L~

Cyan

Mortal
Wait, so the recent line of Marvel movies are pretty much all leading up to The Avengers? My God, the next three years will be AMAZING.

Oh, and what is Stan Lee's cameo in this movie? Dead Hugh Heffner-looking-wedding guest-mail man-with hose?

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Yeah. The Joe Fixit Hulk was smart and was a mob enforcer. He was done more in the Al Capone style than New York mobster. He was semi popular but fans rejoiced when they turned him green once again.

And actually, Demon in a bottle was a good, award winning story. It's right up there with the issues where Spidey confronted Harry about his drug problems.

LX

Cobalt_Latios

Oh, and what is Stan Lee's cameo in this movie? Dead Hugh Heffner-looking-wedding guest-mail man-with hose?
Nope, Random-guy-gets-juice-drinks-it-collapses. Pretty much. I didn't recognize him, but that's what I read.

~C_L~

latios reborn

I finally got to see it and with the serium yes it made Blonksy more like cap america but it was Banners blood that made him transform into abomination. so Yeah he wanted more power and all and he got it with the blood to make him transform.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
..... God damn it....
If it makes you feel any better Spidey 4 and 5 will be shot back to back as a two part story. Very interesting.
Also have yet to see this. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
First Avenger Captain America will be strictly WWII as well. Super awesome.