• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Incredible Hulk - Iron Man's sexier younger brother.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
I take it I'm not the only one on ole' SPPf to have paid good money to see this lovely film. I'm honestly of the opinion that it was superior to Iron Man, if just for the fact that it had an actual plot and GIANT METAL BOXING GLOVES.

Also; best Stan Lee cameo yet.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I saw it last night, and it was a hell of a lot better than the other one. At least they didn't give him disturbingly good jumping.

Also; best Stan Lee cameo yet.

Not as good as "man holding hose" in X-Men 3.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
I saw it last night, and it was a hell of a lot better than the other one. At least they didn't give him disturbingly good jumping.
While closer to the comics, the mile long jumping is retarded.

Not as good as "man holding hose" in X-Men 3.

That was Oscar worthy acting, there.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I saw it last night as well, and I was glad that they were careful not to repeat the past. Plus not only leaves the door wide open for a sequel but an entire universe of Marvel movies. Avengers assemble!

Batdude

Old school
Ah this movie was totally brilliant...

The Hulk/Abomination fight was one of the better one on one fist fights I've seen, it makes it more realistic than, say, Neo vs Smith, despite the fact it is a battle between irradiated monsters...

Loving the whole Dr Sterns thing, it wasn't until I left the cinema that I copped what was gonna happen there.

"Hulk smash!"... I honestly didn't think they'd go there, but it felt pretty damn good... I wasn't crazy about the whole "let's put out the fire by clapping my hands" part though.

Why hello Tony Stark, fancy seeing you here! =D

Cutty

Forever now
I dunno, Im not really fond of Edward Norton as an actor (Eric Bana is certainly better). But I think I will be watching this new version as well, as I've seen the other one (not really good, tupid jump, yeah).

Batdude

Old school
Tony Stark cameos? Where?
Ok, I've tried and failed to get spoiler tags to work, so I'm just gonna leave a few lines.

Spoiler below...

At the end when General Ross is drowning his sorrows in a bar, Stark comes in, they exchange some banter, and Stark suggests to him about a "team" that's being formed, which is pointing towards an Avengers movie I'd imagine. There was a secret scene after the credits in Iron Man when Nick Fury (played by Mr Samuel L Jackson...) approached Stark about it, so I'd say it'll be pretty slick.

@ Cutty Flam: Really, you prefer Eric Bana...? I found him to be very wooden about the whole thing... The last movie lacked any sense of humour in my opinion, at least here they throw around a few jokes and make the most out of the characters.

Also, Liv Tyler > Jennifer Connelly

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
^Maybe the movie was meant to be serious. I mean like I said I dunno, Edward Norton is actually a good actor too, I have to see the new version first to comment.^^

Batdude

Old school
Ah, that's very true... It's a very different experience to Hulk anyway, they explore different territory or something... I was never much of an Incredible Hulk fan, so I was surprised at how much I liked it this time around.

They made the Hulk look much more tanked up in this one... And the addition of stretchy pants, while stupid to think about, actually makes a very valid point of explaining how they manage to stay on.

He's shorter, but I think it's better than having him as an unrealistic (and somewhat fatty) giant.

Last edited:

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Heed the call. Stark's putting a team together. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Yeah! This movie was awesome! Way better than the 2003 one. Hulk looked much better and was more like the old TV show. I liked how Banner's starting to get control of the Hulk. That and I like how they set up the Leader. At first, my friend Mark and I thought Mr. Blue was Reed Richards. That would have been cool.

Anyway, this movie was awesome. Cool Tony Stark cameo. Cool action. Good story. And it's the beginning of a greater universe for the movies.

Next up in this series is Thor. Followed by Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Spider-Man 4, Wolverine, First Avenger: Captain America and Avengers.

Cap orginally was going to have a cameo in Hulk. But, it was cut and they'll have it on the dvd. Either way, I have a feeling the plot of the Avengers movie will be to handle the Hulk.

Good movie. Hulk smash!

LX

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Cap orginally was going to have a cameo in Hulk. But, it was cut and they'll have it on the dvd. Either way, I have a feeling the plot of the Avengers movie will be to handle the Hulk.

They'll probably put the Cap in Iron Man 2, even without a Civil War movie, it would still establish a connection between the two.

And then I'm also interested to see how the Hulk is handled in the Avengers, though I myself am not informed to what happens to him between the Avengers coming together and World War Hulk.

/Exiled/

EternallyParadoxical
Heed the call. Stark's putting a team together. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Yeah! This movie was awesome! Way better than the 2003 one. Hulk looked much better and was more like the old TV show. I liked how Banner's starting to get control of the Hulk. That and I like how they set up the Leader. At first, my friend Mark and I thought Mr. Blue was Reed Richards. That would have been cool.

Anyway, this movie was awesome. Cool Tony Stark cameo. Cool action. Good story. And it's the beginning of a greater universe for the movies.

Next up in this series is Thor. Followed by Iron Man 2, Hulk 2, Spider-Man 4, Wolverine, First Avenger: Captain America and Avengers.

Good movie. Hulk smash!

LX

Spider Man 4?... For the love of God I hope you're joking...

Batdude

Old school
My Avengers know-how is quite poor to say the least... I take it from the line up mentioned that the Avengers are CapAm, Stark, Hulk, Spider-man, Thor and Wolverine...?

In a way I'd cringe if they used Tobey to play Spider-man in it... I mean you'll have Robert Downey Jr, Edward Norton, Hugh Jackman... and Tobey Maguire. All he'll do is sit there and cry because he's away from MJ for like half an hour.

Back to the Hulk... How was CapAm gonna be featured...? Part of the general super soldier undercurrent of the whole thing...?

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
My Avengers know-how is quite poor to say the least... I take it from the line up mentioned that the Avengers are CapAm, Stark, Hulk, Spider-man, Thor and Wolverine...?

In a way I'd cringe if they used Tobey to play Spider-man in it... I mean you'll have Robert Downey Jr, Edward Norton, Hugh Jackman... and Tobey Maguire. All he'll do is sit there and cry because he's away from MJ for like half an hour.

Back to the Hulk... How was CapAm gonna be featured...? Part of the general super soldier undercurrent of the whole thing...?

That's part of the New Avengers lineup minus Thor. The movie lineup will more thaan likely be:

Cap
Thor
Iron Man

And random other heroes. Most likely it'll have Wasp, Giant Man and Hawkeye rounding out the cast. You gotta have the big three up there as Avengers. You can have those three and a bunch of other characters and still have a good team. Wolverine and Spidey are only recent Avengers so they won't be in a classic based Avengers movie. Spidey though was a reserve Avenger for a while. So, they'll probably use those mentioned for the battle against the Hulk.

As for what was going to happen with Cap well...they were going to have a scene where Bruce goes to the arctic and in the bg we see a red glove in a block of ice. For those who don't know, Cap was frozen in a block of ice during WWII. It'll probably be on the dvd.

LX

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
That's part of the New Avengers lineup minus Thor. The movie lineup will more thaan likely be:

Cap
Thor
Iron Man

And random other heroes. Most likely it'll have Wasp, Giant Man and Hawkeye rounding out the cast. You gotta have the big three up there as Avengers. You can have those three and a bunch of other characters and still have a good team. Wolverine and Spidey are only recent Avengers so they won't be in a classic based Avengers movie. Spidey though was a reserve Avenger for a while. So, they'll probably use those mentioned for the battle against the Hulk.

As for what was going to happen with Cap well...they were going to have a scene where Bruce goes to the arctic and in the bg we see a red glove in a block of ice. For those who don't know, Cap was frozen in a block of ice during WWII. It'll probably be on the dvd.

LX
Wolverine and Spidey couldn't be in the film anyways due to rights issues. We're getting the classic Avengers line-up, except with Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym.