• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Inferior

Aura Sensei™

User Title
The Inferior

Having been brought down to OU, for a while I was interested in using Kyurem-B due to it's monstrous Attack. It's occasionally overshadowed due to it's base 95 Speed, putting it behind things like Salamence. I decided to center a Team around it, as with proper support it can r@pe.

646-black.gif

Kyurem-B @ Choice Band
Lonely
Teravolt
252 Atk / 20 SpA / 236 Spe
» Outrage
» Ice Beam
» Fusion Bolt
» Dragon Claw

Welcome to the second most powerful CB and most powerful unboosted Outrage user. Kyurem-B is usually bluffed as my Lead so I can make the opponent believe that it is a Lead, and can sometimes allow for me to trap troublesome things like Ferrothorn. Outrage is my main Attack, as once I've cleared out opposing Steel Types it can dent pretty mcuh anything. Ice Beam is used as my Ice Type STAB instead of Freeze Shock, as the charging is a waste of time I could be using to rampage. Dragon Claw is rarely ever used, however if the opponent's Team has been weakened and I don't like Outrage's confusion, it is the choice. Fusion Bolt dosen;t see much use either, but it allows me to hit things like Gyarados. Finally, the EV Spread allows me to outspeed positive Base 80s, and I dumped the rest into SpA.

Calcs: (assuming it switches in and not a direct encounter)

252Atk Choice Band Kyurem Black (+Atk) Outrage vs 4HP/0Def Terrakion (Neutral): 133% - 156% (432 - 508 HP). Guaranteed OHKO

576.gif

Gothitelle @ Expert Belt
Timid
Shadow Tag
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
» Hp [Fire]
» Psychic
» Thunderbolt
» Thunder Wave

Gothitelle is rarely ever seen, however it carves itself an important niche on this Team. Gothitelle is meant to trap things trying to stop Kyurem-B's sweep, such as Ferrothorn, and OHKO with Hp [Fire] if there isn't any Rain. Psychic is my STAB, and allows me to KO the plethora of Fighting Types in OU, among them Breloom. Thunderbolt provides some coverage against Politoed, which is important, as Rain can cripple this Team. Thunder Wave is my route before I get KOed, or if I want to cripple something that attempts a setup.

645-therian.gif

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
252 Hp / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
» Earthquake
» Stone Edge
» U-Turn
» Stealth Rock

I realized that I held a rather large Scizor weakness in hand, so Landorus-T found it's way into the Team, for two reasons; Intimidate and Stealth Rock. I can continue crippling Physical Sweepers by repeatedly switching in. Earthquake is my STAB, and hits plenty of things for solid damage. Stone Edge provides QuakeEdge and hits Flying Types / Dragon Types. Stealth Rock is an important asset, as it cripples Dragonite by ruining Multiscale, which allows Kyurem-B to OHKO with it's move of choice. U-Turn allows me to scout the opponent, and once I have Rocks up it's what I usually do.

073.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Calm
Rain Dish
252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
» Scald
» Toxic
» Rapid Spin
» Protect

Tentacruel may seem odd in tandem with a Sun Team, however it makes a nice counter to Rain Teams. Since I have a weakness to Stealth Rock (3 / 6) I needed a Spinner, and Tentacruel fits in nicely. Scald does solid damage on most things, and allows me to occasionally Burn Physical Sweepers. Toxic catches incoming things like Rotom-W, and from there I can attempt to Stall a bit with Protect aswell.

038.gif

Ninetales @ Expert Belt
Timid
Drought
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
» Fire Blast
» Sunny Day
» SolarBeam
» Hp [Ice]

I had only ever made a Sun Team 1 time, however it was very incompetent. Ninetales is pathetic, what can I say, but it helps discourage Water Type Attacks which threaten my Team. Fire Blast is my STAB, and hits for solid Damage with Sun activated. Sunny Day is like the bread and butter of this set, as it allows me to keep my Sun up and force them to switch their Weather Starter out again most of the time. SolarBeam is great for hitting Ground Types / Water Types on the switch for solid damage. Hp [Ice] hits DRagon Types who think taht I'm walled and get easy setup.

637.gif

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid
Flame Body
4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
» Quiver Dance
» Fiery Dance
» Hp [Ground]
» Bug Buzz

Volcarona makes an excellent Sun Sweeper, and lategame when the opponent's Walls are dead / weakened this guy strikes. Quiver Dance is the bread and butter of this set, as it allows me to outspeed Threats after a few boosts. Fiery Dance is used for the chance of SpA Boost, and under Sun hits hard. Bug Buzz is another STAB, which can hit most things for solid damage. Finally, I use Hp [Ground] to get past that god awful Heatran.

So, yea, that's it. Rate / banter etc.

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
The irony of the day you asked me to do this... As far as threats go:

Terrakion: dual dance with a lum berry looks like an issue

Landorus: the special sheer force Landorus could be a problem since nothing wants to switch in. Volc may be your best answer for that if rocks are down

Latios: Choice specs Latios deals serious damage to you. With appropriate prediction he kills each and every one of your switch ins before they can do any damage to him.

I personally would recommend a revenge killer like Mamoswine but I'm just not quite sure what you should put it over at the moment