• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Inferno Faction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
K. Well anyway, lost my match 4-0 both times. The rocks had me both times. i think I need to redo my Ultimate Sun Team, Sunshine and Steel-Killers. Really good but I need to add another PKMN. One in replacement of Dugtrio i think, or maybe Heatran > Scizor. Not quite sure yet. GL in the war to remaining peeps, don't worry if ye lose. It's not like we haven't before XD XD XD

R2J

R.I.P #31
Look at Shadow's post of Skarmory lol

Good combo. Most run from me when I throw that out xD

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
We've lost another war. ;~; Oh well. Im looking into changing my team and I want the rest of the team, including subs, to change their teams too. Wars aren't for experimental teams, for monos, legend only, gimmicks, or anything else. Make a team and use it well. I can help you with it if you need that.

R2J

R.I.P #31
We've lost another war. ;~; Oh well. Im looking into changing my team and I want the rest of the team, including subs, to change their teams too. Wars aren't for experimental teams, for monos, legend only, gimmicks, or anything else. Make a team and use it well. I can help you with it if you need that.

Keeping my monos for leagues.

But will be making other teams later on, or at least try.

ysmr97

I blew out the first game 5-0! I was happy. Then, she quickly changed the team, and knew ALL my weaknesses. I was defeated 2-0, so it was a bad loss. Then, my cousins called right at the end of game 2, and I couldn't focus on game 3. I began to lose, and the tied it up, but unfortunately, I lost :/ I feel really upset. I know I'll do better next war.

Last edited:

ysmr97

I don't really feel like battling right now.

I lost both games 6-0. I need to completely rethink all of my strategies.

Dang. Have you thought of maybe using a weather team? Maybe something less common, such as hail? Or if you DO use weather, maybe switch to another type? Or abondon weather alltogether?

BugPokemonMaster316

Dang. Have you thought of maybe using a weather team? Maybe something less common, such as hail? Or if you DO use weather, maybe switch to another type? Or abondon weather alltogether?

I used a Sandstorm team.

My opponent used a random team the first time, and a Sun team the next. I got completely obliterated. I might just go back to regular OU teams without weather.

ysmr97

I used a Sandstorm team.

My opponent used a random team the first time, and a Sun team the next. I got completely obliterated. I might just go back to regular OU teams without weather.

That sounds good! I mean, you have a whole guild full of people to help you, as well as an awesome team of the week sections your excelent guild leader posts weekly, which is a great advantage!

Chapter

hello, im back sorta

DONT DO IIIIITTTTT Weather is too good to pass up. Drought + Venusaur/Victini = Sweep, Drizzle + Croagunk/Latios = Sweep. Sand doesn't have enough sweepers to win, especially if TTar is ur storm maker.

ysmr97

DONT DO IIIIITTTTT Weather is too good to pass up. Drought + Venusaur/Victini = Sweep, Drizzle + Croagunk/Latios = Sweep. Sand doesn't have enough sweepers to win, especially if TTar is ur storm maker.

No, that's wrong. Sand has PLENTY of GREAT sweepers, numbers that rival sun.

BugPokemonMaster316

Agreed. In sand, you can run Scizor, who sadly has been failing me lately.

Also, Toxicroak in Rain is good, but it's hard to sweep with unless you can get a few Swords Dances up. The darn things so frail that most moves that do neutral damage OHKO it.

I often run Terrakion in Sand, along with Gastrodon. The annoying thing with Sun, is that Ninetales can hit Scizor, Terrakion, TTar, and Gastrodon SE.
3 of the 4 are slower too. Garchomp works well, but it seems everything runs HP Ice.

ysmr97

Agreed. In sand, you can run Scizor, who sadly has been failing me lately.

Also, Toxicroak in Rain is good, but it's hard to sweep with unless you can get a few Swords Dances up. The darn things so frail that most moves that do neutral damage OHKO it.

I often run Terrakion in Sand, along with Gastrodon. The annoying thing with Sun, is that Ninetales can hit Scizor, Terrakion, TTar, and Gastrodon SE.
3 of the 4 are slower too. Garchomp works well, but it seems everything runs HP Ice.

Terrakion's great. Phemonal even. But I agree with Scizor. He's become overrated. I think he'd fare better in UU. My Poil's Hydropump usually is a Scizor killer lol

CGS

Shadow Lucario
I don't really feel like battling right now.

I lost both games 6-0. I need to completely rethink all of my strategies.

Mines head straight. I don't think, just go in :)

I use plain OU!

ysmr97

Having plain OU isin't da best thing....

Dude, you're on the quick road to being banned for these vague one liners. Expand, explain, offer assistance.

I think that in some ways, plain is better than weather, and weathers better than plain. For instance, OU is a tier RUN by weather, so by using a plain OU team, you can try and plan some counters. Maybe even pull out Cloud 9 Lickilicki (which won't fair too well though), and suprise them! The art of competitive battles is the element of suprise!

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
ysmr97 said:
ysmr97 said:
Terrakion's great. Phemonal even. But I agree with Scizor. He's become overrated. I think he'd fare better in UU. My Poil's Hydropump usually is a Scizor killer lol
And then...
ysmr97 said:
Dude, you're on the quick road to being banned for these vague one liners. Expand, explain, offer assistance.
What is that? Two one-liners and then mini-modding about someone posting one-liners? Strike one. And, Scizor is OP. He's OU for sure. Plus, Poli @ Hydro Pump doesn't OHKO a Scizor, even if the Scizor has like 0 SP. Defense.

guy gallade said:
Having plain OU isin't da best thing....
Maybe you didn't see my message about one-liners, but now you get a strike for them. And, I agree. Too many UUs are in UU. Azumarill, Victini, Chandelure, Bisharp, and Ambipom are all great in OU. Especially Victini and Azumarill. Anybody ever Choice Band Azumarill with Huge Power? A pretty killer Aqua Jet is the result. And, superpower too. I mean, wow. And, if you meant plain OU as in no weather, then yes again. Weather just hepls too much. Venus in Sun. Puh-leeeeeaaaaase.

Shadow1624 said:
I use plain OU!
Remember the one-liners. And, you should try weather some time. Try it out with a Team of the Week first maybe?

Last edited:

ysmr97

They weren't one liners on my phone. They said they had 3 lines. But whatever. And I wasn't mini modding at all. I was warning so he wouldn't make the mistake again.

What is that? Two one-liners and then mini-modding about someone posting one-liners? Strike one. And, Scizor is OP. He's OU for sure. Plus, Poli @ Hydro Pump doesn't OHKO a Scizor, even if the Scizor has like 0 SP. Defense.

And I really don't Scizor. He doesn't quite match the performance of other Physical sweepers. I think Machamp should be OU, and they should knock Scizor down. He doesn't make that impact that I need on my team. He's fast and all, but Technitian wasn't as good on him as it was on other Pokemon, like Breloom. In fact, I like Breloom much better than Scizor

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Bro, that's another one-liner. -_- And, you can just do preview Message to see the full length.

I was checking the other guild and I got an idea from TBC I think we could incorporate here. A tutor program! Tutors give students a team, and teach them how to use it well. We give them scenarios and ask them what THEY would do, and eventually they become great battlers! What do you guys think? I'd be a tutor, and peeps could sign up. After I tutor some people, they can become tutors themselves!!

EDIT:

BugPokemonMaster316 said:
Garchomp works well, but it seems everything runs HP Ice.
Venusaur + HP Ice, EQ, Giga Drain, Growth = SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

DOUBLE EDIT:

An Inferno Faction tournament will be coming up soon! It's going to be called The NU Lonely Powers Tour! In it, you will have an OU Team, with one NU Pokemon. The NU Pokemon may not be LC. The NU Pokemon must be approved by me before you enter it. this tournament will be an 8 person entry, unless we get more than that. Signups start today, and the tournament will start on the 12th! GL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.