• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Inferno Faction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ysmr97

Pokemon: Medicham, Lucario, Toxicroak, Pangoro, Sawk, and Heracross
Gym Type: Fighting
MegaMon?: Medicham
Ace: Medicham
Badge: Mayweather Badge

ayerrowdocta

Hey Whats Up? :)
Pokemon: Honchkrow, Gliscor, Charizard, Dragonite, Mandibuzz, Crobat
Gym Type: Flying
MegaMon?:Charizard
Ace: Charizard
Badge: Atmosphere Badge

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
hey coc do you think its possible to open a third division up. With around 20 members and only like 9 or 10 being active at all, i think its high time to recruit fresh people. im kinda hoping that this league will do just that.

the only problem i have with 3 divisions is finding someone to fill that roll and i aint gonna attempt to get that spot haha.

well that is just my idea.

anywho in a couple of minutes i should be on ps battling people so come find me, ima bit rusty though so yeah.

ModelT

The Normal Trainer
I have a hoard of Immunity Gligar with good IVs if you want one for breeding.

So since I'm sporting Kang as my ace, I'm gonna go w/ Snorlax instead of Staraptor. Or ibstead of Kang and keep Star as my ace (how are we dealing with Ubers?). That way I have a good phyaical and special pivot.

On that… somebody want to breed me a Wigglytuff for me, timid w/ 31/x/31/31/31/31? No moves needed. You'd be my hero. Also, w/ my team complete, if you see me on Wifi, battle me. I'm still short 1 leftovers, but making due for now.

And here is this again, just so ppl know:
Pokemon: Kang/Staraptor, Wigglytuff, Snorlax, Chansey, Heliolisk, Ditto.
Gym Type: Normal
MegaMon?: Kang (if not banned)
Ace: Kang / Staraptor
Badge: Simple Badge (Plain white circle w/ gold outline, embossed so it is shaped like a circular shield)

Last edited:

Inferno Bird

[Insert usertitile]
I have a hoard of Immunity Gligar with good IVs if you want one for breeding.

So since I'm sporting Kang as my ace, I'm gonna go w/ Snorlax instead of Staraptor. Or ibstead of Kang and keep Star as my ace (how are we dealing with Ubers?). That way I have a good phyaical and special pivot.

On that… somebody want to breed me a Wigglytuff for me, timid w/ 31/x/31/31/31/31? No moves needed. You'd be my hero. Also, w/ my team complete, if you see me on Wifi, battle me. I'm still short 1 leftovers, but making due for now.

And here is this again, just so ppl know:
Pokemon: Kang/Staraptor, Wigglytuff, Snorlax, Chansey, Heliolisk, Ditto.
Gym Type: Normal
MegaMon?: Kang (if not banned)
Ace: Kang / Staraptor
Badge: Simple Badge (Plain white circle w/ gold outline, embossed so it is shaped like a circular shield)

Mega Kangaskhan is Uber. Staraptor is decent, Snorlax is too, but Ditto is too gimmicky. Chansey is good, too, but Wigglytuff... is bad. Go with Diggersby, Eviolite Porygon2, Furfou, Smeargle, or especially, Meloetta! It can destroy Fighting Types!

My Gym Sign-Up. :3

Pokemon: Arbok, Vileplume, Gengar, Ariados, Weezing, and Dragalge
Gym Type: Poison
MegaMon?: 1 (Gengar)
Ace: Dragalge
Badge: Venom Badge (A purple, droplet shaped badge, outlined in black)

ysmr97

MegaGengar is banned by Smogon. Perhaps use MegaVenusar instead.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
i really hate smogons rules they are not offical. however i always follow those rules so its quite the conumdrum i put my self in hahaha.

i just prefer to use my favorite mons. i hardly ever use ubers anyways.

ModelT

The Normal Trainer
Ditto may be gimmicky, but with the lack of a Normal typed mega... sort of need the ability to throw out something to counteract opposing Megas. So with that, Wiggly and Chansey are out, leaving me with this new set up:

Staraptor: Ace / Anti-Fighting
Heliolisk: Special Sweeper / Anti-Ghost (Dark Pulse)
Ditto: Ditto dittos.
Snorlax: Hardy physical pivot

New:
Stoutland (Replacing Chansey): Hardy special pivot (packing Intimidate and Assault Vest w/ Crunch, Retaliate, Play Rough, and Superpower)
Cinccino (Replacing Wiggly): Speedy Paraflinch w/ U-Turn (King's Rock and Skill Link w/ Tail Slap, Rock Blast/Bullet Seed, Thunder Wave, U-Turn)

Important Notes: Snorlax will have Thick Fat with either Thunder Punch or Rock Slide, and will be my primary way of dealing w/ Talonflame. My team has multiple Dark type moves. Staraptor and Stoutland both can deal w/ Fighting types (Flying and Fairy), and Snorlax will have Zen Headbutt too. I KNOW Ditto is gimmicky, but he's a solid choice if you know how to use him well.

--------------------------------------------------

I know how you feel about the mega being tossed into Ubers, but at least you have the option for Megasaur. Pro: Only weak to Flying and Ice (not common solutions to an all Poison team). Con: Not half as good as Uber Gengar.
I'm surprised you're not using the classic Special Attacker Nidoking. W/ Sheer Force, he's a beast. Your team is totally different than the Poison team I'd build. I love Crobat too much, and I'd throw in Nidoking and Scoliopede (Sp. Attacker and Speed Passer), and top it off w/ Drapion for Psychic immunity. It's hard to argue with Weezing though, he's one of the best pokemon to represent the Poison type. ^.^ I guess that makes a team of 6 (if you count Megasaur...). However, your team has some flavor and is probably built around each other's weaknesses, where as mine is a "who's who" list of popular poison types.

However, if your team relied on Uber Gengar to function well, I'd reconsider the whole team rather than just trying to patch his place. An impossible task if there ever was one.

Last edited:
My Gym New Sign-Up. :3

Pokemon: Venusaur, Weezing, Scolipede, Ariados, Tentacruel, Victreebel
MegaMon?: 1 (Venusaur)
Ace: Venusaur

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
poison hunh i would have chosen.

MUK
TOXICROAK
SKUNKTANK
WEEZING
MEGASUAR
NIDOQUUEN OR GENGAR.

AND FOR NORMAL

CINNCINCO
STARAPTOR
SNORLAX
BLISSY
URSARING
SMEARGLE

THEY ARE BOTH SOLID TEAMS IF USED PROPERLY HAHAHA

OOPS ALMOST FORGOT CHOICE SPECS EXPLOUD WITH BOOMBURST HAHA.

Last edited:

Zephraxe

Hello everyone! Sorry I don't post much... I've been EV training Pokemon recently and my Dark type gym team is complete, accept for a few tweaks that need to be made. Also, my oldest sister got X version and after seeing her play at the beginning of the game has made me want to start over. I'm in the second stage of transferring 30 Pokemon to her X version from Y, so when I restart, I can trade them back. The first stage was catching 30 Pokemon in X to trade, and stage 2 is trading them all to Y. I'm less than halfway done with stage 2 at this point.

EDIT: I am done with transferring my Pokemon to my new Y file. I was able to finish a short while before I had to go to bed last night fortunately.

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
My Gym New Sign-Up. :3

Pokemon: Venusaur, Weezing, Scolipede, Ariados, Tentacruel, Victreebel
MegaMon?: 1 (Venusaur)
Ace: Venusaur

Venusaur has already been taken as an Ace.

EDIT:

When you submit the gym form, please describe the badge too. Thanks!
And I love the creativity with the badges so far. We've got Wildfire, Venom, Overgrowth, Nox, Eon, Mayweather, Fossil, and Atmosphere! Bug and Normal and Water have yet to submit their badge names.

Last edited:
Okay, then I'll switch my ace to a Dragalge then..... :3

ModelT

The Normal Trainer
I submitted my badge name: Simple Badge. Seems appropriate w/ the normal typing. I just realized a big flaw in Normal Type gym that has made me reconsider my team in general: There arent a lot of ways to force switches via typing and such. Its got to be a stat game. Example: Talonflame has no reason to ever use Flare Blitz against my team whn Brave Bird is the same but w/ priority, so Thick Fat really has nothing to do w/ being able to deal with Talonflame.

ysmr97

Okay, then I'll switch my ace to a Dragalge then..... :3

You don't have to cut Venusaur dude!

I submitted my badge name: Simple Badge. Seems appropriate w/ the normal typing. I just realized a big flaw in Normal Type gym that has made me reconsider my team in general: There arent a lot of ways to force switches via typing and such. Its got to be a stat game. Example: Talonflame has no reason to ever use Flare Blitz against my team whn Brave Bird is the same but w/ priority, so Thick Fat really has nothing to do w/ being able to deal with Talonflame.

That is a bit of a problem... Maybe Heliolisk, who's resistant to Flying, can help out?

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
i love how everybody has their teams set up to be nice and perfect. mine on the other hand is like HMMM DRAGONITE IT HAS DRAGON IN ITS NAME AND NITE *gasp* its just like cecil from ff4. yeah i just have dumb reason for my team. my dragonite is a sp def one with evs in sp defense and defense.

anywho i think i just spammed 40 episodes of Sword art online last night and OMG I LOVE IT.

NOW IM GONNA SPAM FAIRYTALE CAUSE PEOPLE SAY ITS GOOD.

finally anyone going to get the new smash bros game im only getting it for megaman and cpt falcon.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Fine, Scolipede will be my ace...... :I
Strike One for two One-Liners in a row.

Draco star 98: I LOVE SAO! I'm watching it now and it's my new favorite Anime. No spoilers, though! I've only just made it to ah, what's it, Altheim? The new fairy-game.
ANyway, Dragonite needs to be a sweeper, and Goodra will take SP. Def. On a Mono-Dragon, Dragonite needs to be your Outrage/Thunder/Hurricane/Dragon Dance/Flamethrower/Dragon Tail/Offensive 'mon, as it is one of the best offensive Dragons out there, and one of the best offensive 'mons overall.

SSB4 WILL be mine, but it isn't released until April or so. IGN said that someone leaked that it'd be released on April 22nd, which is a Tuesday. It adds up.
Then again, Nintendo releases many games on Sunday, too.

Leveling my team is becoming so boring. I've just been going into the Elite Four and destroying the Steel-leader over and over. I'm working on defeating Drasna, and then Siebold will be taken care of. Once I reach the champion with a Mono-fire, I'll be satisfied.

Oh.... Forgot about that..... ^^;

Someone say Sword Art Online? @_@ I love SAO..... All-time favorite Anime...... @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.