• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Inferno Faction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephraxe

What? Tyranitar and Bisharp are great!

Replace Houndoom and Scrafty for them. Give Stealth Rock to one of your Pokemon, because Entry Hazards and good. But the catch is here -- Bisharp should have Defiant. When you set up Stealth Rock, an opponent will try to use Defog. Switch in Bisharp on this predicted Defog to double its Attack, because Defog reduces Evasion!

Tyranitar's self explanatory. Give it a Mega Stone and Dragon Dance, but only boost late game, because opponents can deal with you early game. Tyranitar is almost impossible to defeat late game, when all its threats are removed, so it can sweep with Dragon Dance!

And replace Drapion for Mandibuzz. Drapion is quite bad, and Mandibuzz can easily deal with most Fighting Types. Use a Roost, Defog / U-Turn, Knock Off, Foul Play set. Foul Play can easily beat Fighting Types, who have high Attack stats, even though it's resisted.

You could also consider SubPass Mega Absol with Sucker Punch and Play Rough, a very annoying set. Mega Absol is fast and can deal with Fighting Types with Play Rough, and it can set up Substitute on a predicted switch or against a defensive Pokemon, then Baton Pass to something else as needed! It has Magic Bounce, too. If you use this, still use Tyranitar, but don't give it Tyranitite.

Sabeleye is awesome. Use it.

Give WishPass to Umbreon just so it can heal others' HP. And Heal Bell, too, so that it can heal status.

That's all great advice... I think it's settled. I'm going to EV train all of those Pokemon. I still need Sableye and Scrafty (I'm waiting on a reply from AYerrowDocta to see if he can get me those). I actually already have an EV trained Absol, but I need to know if the person I trained it for still wants it (I trained it for him in W2 almost 6 months ago). If anybody can get me a Larvitar with good EVs, it would be greatly appreciated. Vullaby, too.

Umbreon... Both Wish and Heal Bell are both egg moves, so I didn't make AYerrowDocta go through the trouble of getting them for me. Unless someone can get me an Eevee with both of those egg moves and a Calm Nature, then I can't use that set.

It's my particular Bisharp that isn't so good... What's a recommended move set?

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
That's all great advice... I think it's settled. I'm going to EV train all of those Pokemon. I still need Sableye and Scrafty (I'm waiting on a reply from AYerrowDocta to see if he can get me those). I actually already have an EV trained Absol, but I need to know if the person I trained it for still wants it (I trained it for him in W2 almost 6 months ago). If anybody can get me a Larvitar with good EVs, it would be greatly appreciated. Vullaby, too.

Umbreon... Both Wish and Heal Bell are both egg moves, so I didn't make AYerrowDocta go through the trouble of getting them for me. Unless someone can get me an Eevee with both of those egg moves and a Calm Nature, then I can't use that set.

It's my particular Bisharp that isn't so good... What's a recommended move set?

Okay, I agree and disagree. The problem I see is the simple fact: You have two Pokemon with Fighting weakness x4. Mandibuss is incredible, as is Sabeleye, which counter both quite well. BUT, when MegaLucario comes for you with Aura Spheres all over the place, Foul Play won't manage, nor will KnockOff. Actually KnockOff might. But my point is, counters can't 100% guarantee prevention of fighting types. Not only that, but a lot of people (ME) like to have unconventional sets and Pokemon. I'm convinced that, from doing countless Gen 6 OU Random Battles, I'm the only person that still sees the value in Drought OR in Victini. Anyway, back to my point, it is a pretty solid plan, just create a solid strategy to avoid Fighting types or replace some members. Just by having the counters doesn't mean that they're working too well: For example, by throwing a Venusaur on a team of Talonflame, Manectric, and Chandelure (random) doesn't mean that he can counter their Rock, Water, and Ground type weaknesses.
But he can.
So IDEK my point.
Whatever, basically, just be really cautious if you want to have two Pokemon with 4x Fighting weaknesses.

Added $@M@rt# to Wildfire.

Zephraxe

Okay, I agree and disagree. The problem I see is the simple fact: You have two Pokemon with Fighting weakness x4. Mandibuss is incredible, as is Sabeleye, which counter both quite well. BUT, when MegaLucario comes for you with Aura Spheres all over the place, Foul Play won't manage, nor will KnockOff. Actually KnockOff might. But my point is, counters can't 100% guarantee prevention of fighting types. Not only that, but a lot of people (ME) like to have unconventional sets and Pokemon. I'm convinced that, from doing countless Gen 6 OU Random Battles, I'm the only person that still sees the value in Drought OR in Victini. Anyway, back to my point, it is a pretty solid plan, just create a solid strategy to avoid Fighting types or replace some members. Just by having the counters doesn't mean that they're working too well: For example, by throwing a Venusaur on a team of Talonflame, Manectric, and Chandelure (random) doesn't mean that he can counter their Rock, Water, and Ground type weaknesses.
But he can.
So IDEK my point.
Whatever, basically, just be really cautious if you want to have two Pokemon with 4x Fighting weaknesses.

Added $@M@rt# to Wildfire.

That's part of the reason why I went against T-tar at first and also replacing Bisharp. I think I wasn't entirely clear on what I said, but I'm going to train those Dark types while still using the others. I'm going to practice using different strategies with different Dark types. By the time I get all of those Pokemon trained... I should have around 8 to 10 pokemon I can switch around and experiment with. After I figure out a good strategy, those will be the six I will use for my Gym team... unless I can switch between some of them.

EDIT: Here's a battle that I just had. I'm particularly proud of my little trick I pulled off against a Garchomp using my Blaziken's weakness to Ground and Latios' immunity to it.

BY3W-WWWW-WWW5-9D6Z

Last edited:

Inferno Bird

[Insert usertitile]
Actually, you can deal with both Special and Physical Mega Lucario. Sableye's Will-o-Wisp stops the physical variation, and it can Trick a Lagging Tail to it to always make it move last. Stopping Special Variants is a little trickier, but Tyranitar's Earthquake can beat Mega Lucario if it lacks Aura Sphere and has not used Nasty Plot here, as Tyranitar can sponge a hit then.

With Lagging Tail, it is much easier to deal with, because it lacks its awesome Speed then. (It's priority is actually reduced.) But it can make up for this with priority Moves. Try using a Choice Scarf Pokemon to outspeed it, in this case, as Lagging Tail will nerf its priority.

Death Blade99

Breed/Trade/Collect
hey all i'm getting pokemon X today.I was thinnking about getting either chespin or froakie,so i need help to choose one.I've found out a lot of things about the pokes themselves and all but how do you ev train in gen 6.Also is there any pokemon besides Evee that evolves from mass affection?

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
2 days without a post come on people. now imknow we all have lives to fill but soon enough the dark lord yvltal will have your souls......real soon muahahahaaahhhhaaa.

anyways im down for battle anytime guys so when you see me in x or y just send a challenge my ign is Patrick so FACE ME AND LOSE.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
I'm doing my homework today because for all of Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday I worked on a club at my school and then the competition was on Saturday. We did pretty well, but we didn't get to go to states like we did two years ago. Oh well though.
Anyway, now I'm back because the club is mostly over, at least winding down. I can battle probably today. I'm testing out some new combinations of 'mons, and basically testing Victini to see if he has any Gen 6 OU value. SO far, he does. A lot of it too.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
i figured as much '_', oh well.

anyways if atnanytime you guys see me on at the same time lets battle because i have nothing else to do.

also i love my CS SALAMENCE WITH MOXIE. IT SWEEP AN ETIRE TEAM OF LEGENDS....AFTER SR AND SPIKES AND STICKY WEB OF COURSE[ OH SMEARGLE I LOVE YOU LOL].

Inferno Bird

[Insert usertitile]
also i love my CS SALAMENCE WITH MOXIE. IT SWEEP AN ETIRE TEAM OF LEGENDS....AFTER SR AND SPIKES AND STICKY WEB OF COURSE[ OH SMEARGLE I LOVE YOU LOL].

Legendaries are nothing special. Take Regigigas for example.

Just wait until you meet Mandibuzz. Or Talonflame. Or any Fairy Type paired with a Steel Type. Because Fairy / Steel / Dragon is a solid core.

Sylveon with Protect and Hyper Voice stomps Choice Scarf Salamence so hard... actually, Protect in general stops Choice Scarf users in their tracks.

Last edited:

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Before you read my application, I need to ask a question. Does this clan support members that mainly use the actual video games? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Pokémon online and Pokémon showdown, but since my parents got me a windows surface to replace my broken computer I can't use them. Well, I can use my mom's, but I used to get on it A LOT, so she get's kinda annoyed if I spend a lot of time on it or download anything. I do own Y though, so I can do Wi-Fi battles. If no one on here wants to do Wi-Fi battles, then just go ahead an disregard this application.

Username: Slugger57
Division: Volcano
Referrer (if any): N/A
Competitive Experience: I've been battling competitively for about 3 years now. My favorite style is balanced, but Stall is a close second. Some of my favorite pokemon are Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Heracross, Rotom-W, Aegislash and others. I'm not the best, but I've come a really long way and draw on that for strength to keep going. I've been in 2 clans before, so I do have some experience in the whole guild set-up. Prediction and Focus are my strengths, but Team Building is my weakness. I seek to improve however I can, and I'm open to learning all kinds of play styles in order to overall better my abilities.
Job (if any):
Whatever's needed of me if I can do it.

Inferno Bird

[Insert usertitile]
Everyone... I'm leaving...

Don't get me wrong... I had a great time in this guild, and I really think it can go far... but I just think it is not going at a certain pace...

Anyway, I think I should move on... thank you all for the great time...

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
Well every clan has to hit a slow point at someqhere down the road.

This might be the longest i have been in a clan. Lets keep it that way.

Hhmmmmm i need wifi battles guys maybe i can battle that soon to be new member im itching for a good battle.

Also i have been learning japanese atna steady pace. I already got the basic greetings/expression'manners down. I also know how to write in japanese little words like house,nephew,love. Man i cannot wait to go to japan im saving a trubbish amount of money so i can live there for like a decade.

Anyways just checking on you guys. Oh inferno hopefully you find a good clan because im looking forward to some future battles my friend hahahahhahaha.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta

Next week will be the midseason for The Combatants Cup II. If you wanted to sign up for the tournament, but did not have the opportunity to, or you have decided it will be fun to join in, you will be allowed to sign up for the midseason draft starting at 12:01 PM GMT -5 on Thursday, February 13th, 2014 (Tomorrow). This is your chance to get onto a team and make your skills known!

Inferno Bird, I'm really sorry to see you go. :( Hopefully we'll see you around the forums.
Quick Poll, please give your reasons with each answer!

Offenses or Defenses?
For me it's defenses because if you wall the opposite team then you can still deal incremental damage.
Favorite status?
Either Burn or Sleep because of the lowering Atk. and Sleep for obvious reasons.
Favorite Offensive and Defensive Pokemon?
Offensive: Charizard; Great Special Attack as mega-Y and free Sun+Solarbeam combo with no hassle.
Defensive: Goodra; Vest is amazing on him, and Gooey + Rocky Helmet isn't bad. Plus, Sap Sipper can't be handled wrongly. Free immunity!
Both: Aegislash; Perfect Pokemon over here. Plus, if you were stupid and used him incorrectly, you basically can't unless you were to use Special moves but that still wouldn't be bad because of King's Shield, Shadow ball, and Flash Cannon. You'd need a fourth move though and Iron Head/Sacred Sword/Shadow Sneak is amazing so.
Favorite others? Rapid Spinners, Hazard abusers, weather abusers, etc.
Forretress and Victini. Forretress for Spinning and Hazards, and Victini in Sun. V-Create is so powerful in Sun it's just ridiculous actually. In fact...
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield in Sun: 438-516 (135.1 - 159.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(438, 440, 446, 452, 458, 462, 468, 474, 476, 482, 488, 494, 498, 504, 510, 516)
And...
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Aegislash-Shield in Sun through Reflect: 219-258 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(219, 220, 223, 226, 229, 231, 234, 237, 238, 241, 244, 247, 249, 252, 255, 258)

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
So... I'm assuming I didn't make it in? (JK)

Last edited:

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
So... I'm assuming I didn't make it in? (JK)

Oh, gosh! i missed your application! You are accepted! And yes the guild supports the 6th Gen games and if you want to you could probably find a Gen 5 battle!
I'll go add you to the Volcano division. :)

slugger57

I smell a Lawsuit...
Ohhhhhh man. Now I feel bad. My sister wanted me join Black Ice since she just joined, and I figured I could probably cancel before my application was accepted. She really wants me to be in the same clan with her, so I think I'm going to have to quit. I'm really really sorry guys.

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
Well this is awkward. I'd say that it was nice to have you but you were hardly here! LOL Hopefully we'll see you around.

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
well there goes my battle. oh well it cant be helped i guess.

anywho im trying to get a shiny ralts by breeding so far no luck.

Death Blade99

Breed/Trade/Collect
does anyone here have any spitbacks they were gonna trade on wonder trade?

if soo i would like them pm me maybe we could trade spitback for spitback

also i traded a lv.2 bunnelby for a lv.100 landorus from wonder trade!

draco star 98

DESTROY EVERYONE
i have a googol amount of ralts im going to WT. MOST HAVE 2-4 IVS I HOPE. THEN IM GOING TO START MAWILE THEN DDANCE T-TAR.PR ABSOL AND HIPPOWDON ARW AFTER THAT.

ALOT OF THOSE MONS WERE WT TO ME THEY EITHER HAVE EGG MOVES OR A HA.

BY THE WAY CAN ANYONE BREED ME A PHANPY WITH ICE SHARD OR PERHAPS A TREECKO WITH D-PULSE. I CAN REWARD HANDSOMLEY OF COURSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.