• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Infraction Point System - NEW INFRACTIONS 7/18/14

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I can't say I really like this. At all.
Especially with the lower ban points thing. :/
Why is that, then? You might as well explain why you don't like it. =p Still takes multiple infractions of small stuff (5 or more in fact with cases) to hit the ban limit after all which'd only happen if you ignore the rules/previous infractions.
Erm... Why exactly did you change the system?
Partly due to people waiting out infractions before hitting bans, adding some more stuff that became more of a frequent issue, or just adding something that was needed (ie the less harsh talking-about-illegal-stuff' infraction instead of everyone getting the providing one), etc, etc. Basically a bunch of reasons.
... Explain Plagerism... where might it be used exactly in a forum?
People stealing RP stuff, artwork or fanfics/other writing posted on the forums for instance, all of which has happened here and on other forums. Not a frequent thing but certainly something that ought to be regulated.

EDIT:
I'll be damned if I use any of what's on SPPF as research for a term paper. Calls for an immediate "F"
If you give credit/ask for permission it'd be fine I'm sure, depending on what you use. =p

Zibdas

not bad
Why is that, then? You might as well explain why you don't like it. =p Still takes multiple infractions of small stuff (5 or more in fact with cases) to hit the ban limit after all which'd only happen if you ignore the rules/previous infractions.

Partly due to the fact that I have 15 points now so a single more infraction will bane me, and partly because of how strict it is now.

DarumakkaImposter

This FORCES everyone to be nice to everyone. I wanna see how some will get around this...

I am not good at that and I like to be direct with what I say. So now If I have anger towards anyone on SPPF, I will have a teddy bear next to me and punch the ish out of it. That way, I let up out my anger and then I will revert to my kind and friendly self...

With all these new rules, at this rate, SPPF will become a UTOPIA!

I agree completely. Serebii is getting waayy to strict IMO.

Partly due to the fact that I have 15 points now so a single more infraction will bane me, and partly because of how strict it is now.

Next mod's post will = "Don't do anything to get an infraction / follow the rules" kind of post. >.>

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Well, clipping an article from Bulbapedia and claiming you wrote it would be considered plagiarism.

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
Wow, Strict. Sppf Is gonna become friendly, or ban heaven, but I'm gonna go ahead & guess the second one. I Don't quite like the new system, not as a whole, but becuase of the Extend-da-points. Also, would somebody mind telling me what happened in Misc this morning? I come in & poof, Its Wiped. I get the feeling this isn't gonna stay open.

Last edited:

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Next mod's post will = "Don't do anything to get an infraction / follow the rules" kind of post. >.>
Well what else should we say? 'Go get banned'? =p

Mind you to be frank this is still fairly lax. =/ If one can't learn after the first number of infractions (which can be easily up to five separate infractions if not more depending on what you do) to follow the rules then clearly one isn't paying attention. That and other forum systems have less (say, PC requires one to hit a 'mere' nine infraction points before being banned, and bgmf has ten points if memory serves). If you call a 5 point reduction in what you needed to get banned here making the current limit of 15 infraction points at the same time 'strict'... =p

Or look at it this way - what took one seven infractions of the usual 3-point stuff to get banned (ignoring any warnings given instead which usually happens anyway) now takes five instances. That's at least five separate chances you may get before you get banned assuming you do the small stuff only, and with the big stuff (flaming, trolling, etc) one really should know better in the first place anyway and still one needs to do that 2-3 times before being banned! And now it's harder for people to wait out infractions before going back to their old ways, which was getting to be a problem. That's basically the change that happened now.

Last edited:

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
I asked Skyomi to marry me once. Is that considered VM harassment?

15 points? Who's fault is that.

None of you will get banned if you aren't trolling, or otherwise incapable of following SPPf's simple rules. Don't spam, don't troll, don't steal / talk about illegal stuff (primarily roms), pay attention to forums with specific rules (Competitive RMT, Clans and so on) and you probably won't get any infractions.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

DarumakkaImposter

Well what else should we say? 'Go get banned'? =p

Mind you to be frank this is still fairly lax. =/ If one can't learn after the first number of infractions (which can be easily up to five separate infractions if not more depending on what you do) to follow the rules then clearly one isn't paying attention. That and other forum systems have less (say, PC requires one to hit a 'mere' nine infraction points before being banned, and bgmf has ten points if memory serves). If you call a 5 point reduction in what you needed to get banned here making the current limit of 15 infraction points at the same time 'strict'... =p

Or look at it this way - what took one seven infractions of the usual 3-point stuff to get banned (ignoring any warnings given instead which usually happens anyway) now takes five instances. That's at least five separate chances you may get before you get banned assuming you do the small stuff only, and with the big stuff (flaming, trolling, etc) one really should know better in the first place anyway and still one needs to do that 2-3 times before being banned! And now it's harder for people to wait out infractions before going back to their old ways, which was getting to be a problem. That's basically the change that happened now.

IDK. I guess I see the 5 chance thing. (why won't they learn >.>) But I guess it's some stuff I don't uderstand. Like Chain PMs. Does this mean like FWDs? Like "if u dnt send this before midnight a guy with no arms and no legs will kill u" thing? And Unsolicited PMs. What does that mean? And about mini modding. I don't believe the "this should be in this thread/forum" post should be mini modding. It could be helpful. Especially if the provide a link. If it's (like an example (can't quite remember where) that was "User A Spammed! He should be INFRACTED!" or something like that post,) it would be considered mini modding.

Does that make sense? I have a bit of a hard time explaining myself at times. >.<

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Well, here is a TL;DR of the SPPf Rules;

Play nice with the other kids, or a friendly Mod will drop by your play corner and start beating you with a giant rubber mallet.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Note that these changes do not apply to previous infractions. If you received an old infraction for flaming it is still only 3 points, you will not be banned if you have 16-19 points unless some expire and you re-reach 15, and your older infractions will not be extended. These changes only apply to any infractions given from now on.

This part is what I'm a little iffy about, say someone has 18 points, then a spamming infraction expires, he will now have 15 and be banned? That sounds a little silly to me.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
It depends.. on what Skyomi and you do after it. Harassment Acorrding to wiktionary:

[/LIST]
I usually take look at several VM in most cases.

Lol. It was just a joke. But still, mods have randomly overreacted to things and infracted me on them. (Then again, they also ignore everything I've ever done that I shouldve probrably been infracted for.) You guys are friggin' random. Lol.

Flame Mistress

I'm glad that it isn't any stricter... Way stricter forums out there...

A question: so I have 12 points in total from my four infractions, but only one is still alive, so that's listed as 3 points. Do I still get banned after one more 3 point infraction, or am I only banned after I somehow manage to reach 15 points before this one expires?

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
When an infraction expires, it just sits there not doing much. It won't count to any scores.

SPPf is built to be a place where we can enjoy a cup of tea and a good battle- there are places for trolling and hacking, and it's not here.

The rules make Serebii as such, and I think it's grand.

I don't believe the "this should be in this thread/forum" post should be mini modding.

I agree here, though the final decision is up to the mods. If you're generally helpful you won't be infracted. There's always the option of giving out warnings too.

Well, here is a TL;DR of the SPPf Rules;

Play nice with the other kids, or a friendly Mod will drop by your play corner and start beating you with a giant rubber mallet.

Calm down son, you have a grand total of three infraction points. You don't have to be an angelic poster, you just have to avoid being a spamming retard.

This part is what I'm a little iffy about, say someone has 18 points, then a spamming infraction expires, he will now have 15 and be banned? That sounds a little silly to me.

Agreed. If this happens just post here and I'm sure a solution will be worked out.

DarumakkaImposter

But what is the bad thing about talking about hacked things such as roms and ARs. (am I allowed to mention them here?) o.o I hope so. They don't seem to be hurting the forums. Except in battle and the like. But most people know what can hit what and whatnot. Or, there are damage calculators. Other than that I can't think of anything else but it making the forums look bad. ;_;

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
It just isn't alright to talk about -using- them for an advantage. The topic just popping up in a thread somewhere on the brinks of the Grid isn't going to get you infracted.

DarumakkaImposter

It just isn't alright to talk about -using- them for an advantage. The topic just popping up in a thread somewhere on the brinks of the Grid isn't going to get you infracted.

You mean like if I make a thread asking what happened if you used one?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=493454

I got an infraction. But of course, that was months ago and the new rules may not apply like the old ones did.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
I got infracted in the debate forum for commenting on a thread saying it was already made. Because it was already made. Like a week before. That's a little retarded. You guys kinda OD on the minimodding thing.