• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Internet as a country?

DittoDude

The King of Town.
A funny thought came to me recently. What if we thought of the internet as a country? People who came every once in a while would be "visiting", people who came a lot would have a "dual citizenship" with the Internet and their real country, and bots would be citizens of just the interwebs. Discuss what you think about this topic.

D. Scott

...o_O

A... unique idea, I suppose. Kind of odd, but unique (...though with how often I'm online, pretty sure I'd be a full-time citzen!).

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
A funny thought came to me recently. What if we thought of the internet as a country? People who came every once in a while would be "visiting", people who came a lot would have a "dual citizenship" with the Internet and their real country, and bots would be citizens of just the interwebs. Discuss what you think about this topic.

The internet can not be viewed as a country.

Breeder Drew

I think that would be the most populated country on Earth, even if it shouldn't be viewed as a country. What, would trolls be the criminals or something like that?

7 tyranitars

Trickster Zorua

AMUSING STARTER FTW
Hmmm...the Goverment is the Staff with Admins. It is a really unique idea...

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
An anarchist, possibly even tribalistic, country if you wish to see it that way. YouTube, 4chan, and any other troll-hives are the centers of anarchist activity.

I wouldn't go so far as to declare the internet as an actual country (You need land for that), but it is definitely the host of a unique culture.

It doesn't really make sense for bots to be citizens of anything.

Bots are those annoying infomercials that always find their way onto your TV screen. You don't want to see them and the product they're advertising does not appeal to you.

Last edited:

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Hackers = The mafia, a lot of them appear to be organized. Or, you could just call them plain old criminals, but it's not like they're a detriment to anyone outside of the bots.

If hackers are the mafia then programers and creators of websites are gods o_O