• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Internet as a country?

The internet isn't a country and can never be seen as one... it's simply a bunch of computers working together. It's a decent analogy, though.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
No, just that one thing. the idea of internet as a contry is quite funny. and eople have made some interesting points above

woot21

super noob
The internet isn't a country and can never be seen as one... it's simply a bunch of computers working together. It's a decent analogy, though.
No, the internet is a series of tubes. Get it right.

As for the internet as a country idea, oh hell no.

woot21 out dawgs

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wish. The problem is that you cannot live independently on the internet. You cannot get food, water, housing, etc. It's not a place, it's something different entirely.

If the internet was a country......I'd probably be one of those crazy hobo's on the street saying Y2K was real and we are just programmed to believe it ain't true.

DarkCharizard2

Vae Victis
It's a decent idea, but I would hate that. Some people would be going around rubbing their dual-citizenship in other people's faces. So many people would be on the internet so much more. I think it would lead to not-good places.

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Everyone, this thread isn't about what would happen if the internet was a country. It's about the idea that the internet is a country.

Breeder Drew

Oh, well that's just impossible. It's an online database. You also need land for a country, unless you count your conputer desk as land.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Everyone, this thread isn't about what would happen if the internet was a country. It's about the idea that the internet is a country.

I understand that, and it's not. Look for a minute at dictionary.com's definition of a country:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/country

The definition implies that one thing a country must have is land. The internet doesn't exist as a physical place that people can live in. So until we perfect virtual reality to the point where we can live in virtual worlds, the internet cannot be a country. /thread

country |ˈkəntrē|
noun ( pl. -tries)
1 a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory : the country's increasingly precarious economic position.

Yes, but isn't and can never be, unless cyberspace grows land.
Plus it's funner to speculate "what if" than just shoot down silly theories.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
i just thoughted, if in a futher(Maybe far from now) they can get us inside a virtual reality on the internet(like megaman.exe does) maybe, maybe just then it would be considered a country :eek:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It's like Japan. It's small and compact, provides us with lots of useful stuff, but extremely perverted

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
i just thoughted, if in a futher(Maybe far from now) they can get us inside a virtual reality on the internet(like megaman.exe does) maybe, maybe just then it would be considered a country :eek:

I hope it's not too far away, I'd actually like to work on something like that.