• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Invasion

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
[IMG139]http://i50.*******.com/w9k9ll.png[/IMG139]

Hello, and welcome to my first attempt at a FanFic! I have always had an interest in creative writing
and have recently had the inspriation to start my own FanFic! I hope you all enjoy it, at the moment I just have the prologue typed
up but more is sure to be up soon. Please read and give me any feedback, but keep it constructive! This is intended to be a SciFi
based Pokemon short story.

Introduction

The Pokemon World as we know it is in danger. A large asteroid is on course to strike somewhere in the Johto region. The impact of such an asteroid could have the ability to cause a mass extinction of both the people and Pokemon across the entire region and further. A team of expert scientists have gathered at the Mossdeep Space Center to formulate a plan to stop the Asteroid from wiping out the planet. With time drastically running down the team finally came up with a plan. A manned shuttle would land on the Asteroid. From there, a team of astronauts would strategically place a series of explosives and detonate them, breaking apart the Asteroid in calculated formations, throwing the asteroid off course and saving all life on the planet.

Prologue

On the Asteroid - "Alright Voltorb, that's the last of our charges; Ethan, are you almost done over their?"
"Hold on Victor, we need to place just three more."
"Are you kidding me Ethan? We don't have that kind of time, we're running out of oxygen. What have you been doing?"
"We had a lot of trouble setting up the first two charges, they might be duds." "They better not be, we're going to need every charge we have."
"Don't worry Victor, it'll be fine. There, that's the last of 'em."
"Alright Ethan, return to the shuttle so we can set these charges off and get off of this god-forsaken rock."

(Ethan arrives with his Electrode to the shuttle.)

"Alright, good, you're back. Let's blow these things up and get out of here."
"Amen."
"Oh no, Ethan, I think we have a problem. I'm trying to activate the charges and it seems those first two haven't gone off. Without those the asteroid isn't going to separate. We need those charges to go off, or this entire mission was all in vain. I hate to say this but I think the mission is going to be a failure."
Just then Voltorb and Electrode, as if they understood the problem completely, took off heading towards the faulty charges. Victor and Ethan tried to stop them at first but realized what Voltorb and Electrode were doing, and that it was necessary. Voltorb and Electrode arrived at the locations of the bad charges and hesitated for a moment. They had been involved with the space program for a long time and new it had to be done. Together, they both used Self-Destruct, sealing their own fate and preserving that of the world. The force of their self destruction was enough to jar the asteroid itself as well as set off the faulty charges.

(Little did anyone know that the extra force exerted by their self destruction caused the asteroid to split in different patterns than the team of scientists had planned out. A large chunk of the Asteroid was soon to be hurdling towards the planet.)

*Buzzing over the radio: " Victor, do you read me?"
"Copy that Mossdeep."
"Our computers down here showed some malfunctions with some of the charges; is everything alright up there?"
"It is now, Voltorb and electrode sacrificed themselves to set off some bad charges."
"Well, we've lost some brave Pokemon today, but the mission was a success and the world should be saved. Get home as soon as possible."
"Will do Mossdeep, we should be back in approximately 14 hours."
"Copy that Victor, see you then."

End Prologue

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
I am very intrigued by this. But please note for future reference, that when a new person speaks, they get a new line. Like this:

On the Asteroid -
"Alright Voltorb, that's the last of our charges; Ethan, are you almost done over their?" Said Victor

"Hold on Victor, we need to place just three more." Replied Ethan

"Are you kidding me Ethan? We don't have that kind of time, we're running out of oxygen. What have you been doing?"

Etc.