• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Slick

Banned
360's better.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
I guess they ate their words!
The Wii rules

Cobalt_Latios

360's better.
You're beginning to be as bad as Thriller...

Article said:
Runte sees the ongoing concern over prices of consoles and games as the major factor in his analysis. The Revolution is almost guaranteed to be the cheapest console when its hits the market, with some projections going as low as $199 for the system.
My god, that's crazy, as it's going to happen.

Article said:
"Sony has yet to come out of the pit stop after the first lap. Folks, when this race started, naysayers said Nintendo would not have enough under the engine to compete with Microsoft and Sony. Trying to one-up Nintendo like they did with them wanting to make a Revolution-style controller after it was revealed and oohed and aahed over... Sony won't let anyone else have time in the light. Down with Sony. I am going to take a bat to my PS2. Nintendo is back in a big way. I think Nintendo will own them all. I believe they are on the path to domination once again. I think they finally are giving people what they want and continuing to give them things they never thought of."
Okay... that's going a bit too far.

Article said:
Runte wasn't done touting Nintendo's future after the phone conversation with GameSpot News. In a follow-up e-mail, he wrote, "OMG!!! Zelda on teh DS roolz!!!11!1!!1!1 Chrono Trigger downloadable? :) Nintendo >>>>> M$ and Sony. They don't stand a chance! W00t!"

One pro-Sony analyst, who wished only to be known as "Devil_Dante420," responded to Runte's comments. He told GameSpot News, "Whatever. Runte is such a noob. The PS3's graphics are far superior to the Revolution games. Gamers are getting older, they want a machine that caters to an older, mature audience. Zelda is like totally lame. Final Fantasy, now that's a series that can carry a console."

Steve "4Runner" Downes, another self-proclaimed "analyst," is still sticking with his original projection that the Xbox 360 will dominate the next generation. "The Xbox 360 is just better than the lame PS3 and Revolution. I don't care that they're not even out yet, the 360 is just better. Just watch noobz, the world will stop when Halo 3 is released. [Sony and Nintendo] should just give up now."
Suddenly, I just lost the will the read the rest of the article...

Wow, the recent comments are laughing at the fact that this has actually come true. It's quite funny really.

Wow. I didn't realize GameSpot had a legitimate crystal ball.

<C_L>

Waldorf

ungrateful
I think console wars in general are stupid, but when I saw the E3 '09 conferences, with both Microsoft and Sony scrambling to rip off the Wii in some way or another in order to get on the money wagon, I laughed quite heartily.

Delicious fanboy tears.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Holy crap its like Gamespot actually time travel to learn these stuff. And yeah this year was plain wut with the whole motion control scramble.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
What a stupid article.

But, the Wii really needs to do something to deserve the lead. Like stopping shovelware and making more first party games.

Waldorf

ungrateful
hol123 said:
But, the Wii really needs to do something to deserve the lead. Like stopping shovelware and making more first party games.

Are you kidding? Nintendo's been churning out quite a few first-party titles. If anything, the Wii's missing third party support.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
The Wii's only selling well because of those people who treat it like a ****ing fitness machine.

You know who I'm talking about.
Your mother.

Seriously, if you don't like the Wii fair enough, but don't try and force your opinion on us here, as this thread isn't about whether people prefer the Wii or the 360. Find a thread that actually uses that as the topic and post there.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Seriously, if you don't like the Wii fair enough, but don't try and force your opinion on us here, as this thread isn't about whether people prefer the Wii or the 360. Find a thread that actually uses that as the topic and post there.

Then please, enlighten us, what is this thread about? It seems to be nothing but a bunch of fanboys wanking over how they saw this coming, and someone has to handle crowd control by putting you people in their place.

CAH

Calm And Hyper
Then please, enlighten us, what is this thread about? It seems to be nothing but a bunch of fanboys wanking over how they saw this coming, and someone has to handle crowd control by putting you people in their place.

This thread is about how ironic it is that people took the Wii as a joke when now its become so successful. Whats so hard to understand about that.
Really what you're saying is very hypocritical, because the only people seemingly "wanking" over a console or in need of crowd control are you and the other two who post "360 is better".

Really if you like Xbox so much, or dislike the Wii so much, this isn't the thread to do it in. Make your own thread and then you can rant all you want about your obviously superior opinion, but no one here other than the ranters themselves want to hear it, so stop spamming.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
What I find funny is that I find the same amount of "playable games" on all consoles. In reality Nintendo always took forever to produce awesome first party titles. This is actually the first gen in 3D that we're getting two main mario titles.
360 has a strong third party along with the PS3. While Nintendo has first party jazz. According to my tastes 360 and the PS3 aren't really a priority though I do like the games it has a bit.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

What I find funny is that I find the same amount of "playable games" on all consoles. In reality Nintendo always took forever to produce awesome first party titles. This is actually the first gen in 3D that we're getting two main mario titles.
360 has a strong third party along with the PS3. While Nintendo has first party jazz. According to my tastes 360 and the PS3 aren't really a priority though I do like the games it has a bit.
That's my thought too. I enjoy the games the Wii has, and I love that some developers are actually trying to find innovative ways to use the limitations to their advantage. I mean, I have the Wii and the Xbox 360, and I find that there are some genres I prefer on the 360, and some that I prefer on the Wii. In fact, in some cases, I actually prefer the Wii for FPSs, mainly because of how well it's controlled.
I do like the selection the 360 has, but I also like a fair amount of the titles for the PS3 as well.

360 and PS3 are like dessert for me, while the Wii is the main course. Don't ask why, it just is.

<C_L>

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I geuss because the amount of shovelware and the fact that people play Wii Fit instantly makes the console suck, If shovelware was the determining point for whether or not the console suck, The PC and Atari 2600 must be the pinnicle of console suckage. Also, just because a game is Casual/ a game that you don't like DOESN'T mean it crap, Wii Sports Resort is an example of this, it's pure mindless fun and it's casual. Also, the Wii has No More Heroes, instant plus

Status
Not open for further replies.