• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
The "shape" of Lavender town sort of looks like a horizontally squished Missingno. Look at it for a bit. You might see it.

Creepy huh? Only Lavender town!

Not sure if it's intentional or not. Just something I noticed.

ah yes more controversy to add to the ever mysterious lavender town

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I got one about Black & White :] Just a bit of an asthetic thing

Reshiram and Zekrom's elements both represent sources of light predominantly used in different time periods. Fire and Electricity..

Fire(Reshiram's element) is a more natural source of light, but White version is the one with the natural area, White Forest (in Zekrom's game)

Electricity(Zekrom's element) is a more modern source of light, but Black is the one with the more modern area, Black City (in Reshiram's game)

..Anyone else catch this/find it intentional? I thought it was pretty cool :3

Last edited:

Snipehsheep

Scottish American

Reshiram and Zekrom's elements both represent sources of light predominantly used in different time periods. Fire and Electricity..

Fire(Reshiram's element) is a more natural source of light, but White version is the one with the natural area, White Forest (in Zekrom's game)

Electricity(Zekrom's element) is a more modern source of light, but Black is the one with the more modern area, Black City (in Reshiram's game)

Oof, thats pretty neat. Nice find.

The Vulture pokemon (Forgot the name) is only in black, and is primarily coloured black.

Braviary, it's male only eagle counterpart, is only in white, and it has no black.

Last edited:

noahk

r u colorblind????

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria

thats pretty nifty i didnt think of that till you pointed it out how interesting :3

Generic User Name

Does anyone notice that with every new generation, they brought in a new pokemon to test a new game aspect?

Example- in GSC, breeding was introduced. Complete overhauls on Babies. Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue just to name a few.
In RSE, pokeblock and was introduced. Feebas.

Does anyone notice that with every new generation, they brought in a new pokemon to test a new game aspect?

Example- in GSC, breeding was introduced. Complete overhauls on Babies. Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue just to name a few.
In RSE, pokeblock and was introduced. Feebas.
I think you might be on to something but what was D/P's one?

B/W would be Accelgor and that other one that evolves by trading a certain Pokemon.

GalladeX

Will and Lucian.

Both train Psychic types.
Both wear purpley suits.
Both wear eyewear that obscures their eyes.
Both have purple hair.
Both own a member of the Ralts family.
Both are Elite Four members.

Coincidence or not?

Generic User Name

This might not have to do with anything, but there is a lot of dream related stuff in pokemon

Gen 1&2- Drowzee and Hypno
Gen 3- I can't think of anything
Gen 4- Darkrai
Gen 5- Munna, Musharna, and the Dream World

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
When using Substitute, you get a poke-doll that takes your place right?

Well in pokemon stadium whenever you transfered MissingNo. to the Stadium PC, it looked like a substitute poke-doll

oh and Quagsire has the same face as Ditto.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
Is it just me or does the pokemon silver pikachu sprite look similair to the pikachu sprite from pokemon firered, leafgreen, ruby and saphire.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The breeding centre on Johto is on the same route where Ditto are found.Ditto spend most of their time in the breeding centre instead of battling.Also,its on Route 34.Remember Rule 34?Well in Route 34,you could breed any combination of two Pokemon in the same egg group.See where I'm getting at?

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Will and Lucian.

Both train Psychic types.
Both wear purpley suits.
Both wear eyewear that obscures their eyes.
Both have purple hair.
Both own a member of the Ralts family.
Both are Elite Four members.

Coincidence or not?

More like lazy game designers.

Oh, I did not just say that. Bad Sasaki! Bad! Love you, GF. Honestly ;D

I always wondered about the creepy old woman from the 'ghost of maiden's peak' anime episode. She reminded me so much of Agatha. Is she Agatha???

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
I just realized something. The Cycling road is a popular place for people to hatch their eggs, and another thing that helps the process is Flame Body. A pokemon with Flame Body, Slugma can be found on Cycling Road.

Generic User Name

I just realized something. The Cycling road is a popular place for people to hatch their eggs, and another thing that helps the process is Flame Body. A pokemon with Flame Body, Slugma can be found on Cycling Road.

Woah!!!! That's creepy!!!!! I've never noticed that before.

ForeverFlame

Remember Rule 34?Well in Route 34,you could breed any combination of two Pokemon in the same egg group.See where I'm getting at?

Definitely not intentional, since Gold and Silver came out before Web 2.0. But I've always been suspicious about Rule 34 being named after Route 34.

Grey Wind

More like lazy game designers.

Oh, I did not just say that. Bad Sasaki! Bad! Love you, GF. Honestly ;D

I always wondered about the creepy old woman from the 'ghost of maiden's peak' anime episode. She reminded me so much of Agatha. Is she Agatha???
Lol, your so right. Bugsy and Burgh a quite similiar also..and Chuck and Bruno.

Anyway, in Black the Gym leader is Drayden who is old, but Opelucid is modern. In White, Iris is young, but Opelucid is old.

Baton Passer

Bzzzzzzzzzzt!
Im surprised noone has re-stated the juggler who drops his (poke) balls when you defeat him in battle...

AH WELL, what I really wanted to mention was the uncanny similarity between cubone, and the kangaskan baby. I know someone has most likely thought of that before, possibly even made a thread of it... Wow 'm not very original today.