• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

Thundercat2

Um I don't have Black or White yet. I read the games description on this site.
I noticed two of the places in Unova have the same names of two characters from Inuyasha. Kagome and Shippou

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
I just realized something. The Cycling road is a popular place for people to hatch their eggs, and another thing that helps the process is Flame Body. A pokemon with Flame Body, Slugma can be found on Cycling Road.

Well, the problem with this is that Slugma was there before abilities were made so I doubt it was for purposes of breeding. Unless they were predicting making an ability to help breeders, which I doubt they were at the time. But I will say that's still an interesting find though.

XXD17

Draco rex
stantler's shiny sprite makes it look like rudolph, sudowoodo's shiny sprite makes it look like it's growing berries, machoke's shiny sprite makes it look like the hulk, a shiny taillow makes it look like a violet-green swallow rather than a barn swallow, the shiny foongus line looks like a masterball rather than a regular pokeball for the correlation of rarity, the nidoran male's line's shinies are in the color of their female counterparts, wooper's shiny is the color of an albino axolotl, and a shiny cloyster has the color scheme of a giant clam,

pkmnlover25

I noticed two of the places in Unova have the same names of two characters from Inuyasha. Kagome and Shippou

Wow thats odd. ( I love that show!)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Does anyone notice that with every new generation, they brought in a new pokemon to test a new game aspect?

Example- in GSC, breeding was introduced. Complete overhauls on Babies. Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue just to name a few.
In RSE, pokeblock and was introduced. Feebas.
I know that for new evolutions of old pokemon, new ways to evolve were introduced...except for a few who evolve by learning certain moves.

Cobalt_Latios

Oh, many have known that for a while. However, I've noticed that certain Japanese names tend to be fairly common. Not sure what they mean, but hey.

/CL

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Nobody mentioned the return of the truck in FireRed and LeafGreen?

Obviously intentional but...

Aquanova

Yeah Id have to say that Solaceon thing was obviously designed for egg hatching you you would have a long path to ride your bike back and forth and hatch the eggs, very convenient if you ask me

Compumon

Hmm...
In Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, there is a pair of residents in Sootopolis City who are comparing the sizes of Shroomish and Barboach...this was changed to Seedot and Lotad in Emerald.

Why Shroomish and Barboach?...(look at their shapes)

Intentional?

Pansy :]

anustart
I've always wonderred if the truck was supposed to be there or not. It was obviously supposed to be there in LeafGreen and FireRed, but what about red and blue?

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Does anyone notice that with every new generation, they brought in a new pokemon to test a new game aspect?

Example- in GSC, breeding was introduced. Complete overhauls on Babies. Magby, Elekid, Tyrogue just to name a few.
In RSE, pokeblock and was introduced. Feebas.

Well, yeah. That's clearly intentional.
Gen. II had to do that to make breeding seem more worthwhile at face value. Also, Hoothoot and similar pokemon to showcase day/night.
Gen. III introduced Double Battles, right? Plusle and Minun. Volbeat and Illumise.
Move Tutors weren't so prominent in generations earlier than IV, so Plat, HG, and SS had a lot of them in order to make full use of the new moves system. Also giving pokemon very diverse movepools.

Jedi_Jy'Ken

The Original Master
usually in HGSS I take my eggs, get on the train to saffaron city, and do laps around the southern part of kanto until they hatch.

I would say classic ribbons (which prevent GTS trading) being placed on event pokemon after GF found out about the GTS clone glitch in DP...

haha thats exactly what i used to do in FR/LG, for the bike bath, lol

Eterna

Hmm...
In Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, there is a pair of residents in Sootopolis City who are comparing the sizes of Shroomish and Barboach...this was changed to Seedot and Lotad in Emerald.

Intentional?

Nice.

And gross :/

Jedi_Jy'Ken

The Original Master
Hmm...

Intentional?

that was hilarious when i first saw that.

Pansy :]

anustart
Hmm...

Intentional?

i don't think that i've ever laughed this hard!!!! thats friggin' hilarious!!!

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Hmm...

Intentional?

I dont get it? O:

yeminied

I dont get it? O:

Barboach is long and cylindrical.

Shroomish has a hole on its head, a hole one of the boys may think Barboach could fit inside.

I'm not sure if there is anything else I can say without directly saying it.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
I understood the barboach thing, but i thought shroomish was just a ball.

lol, thanks for clearing that up for me:)