• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

I thought that SPPF could do with a thread like this one.
This is a thread to post all of the wierd things or coincidences that you have noticed in the games, anime, and elsewhere, and discuss whether or not you think that nintendo put them in there intentionally.

To get the ball rolling I have 2 topics to start off

1. Ninetails is a Silver exclusive pokemon, and it's shiny form is obviously silver, and Arcanine is a Gold exclusive pokemon and it's shiny sprite is obviously Gold. I think this could be intentional, as they are counterparts.

2. Outside the daycare centre in Solaceon Town, there is a straight where you can go up and down on a bike for a long way without crashing, which is really helpful for hatching eggs, and apparently there is a similar route in the hoenn daycare. Do you think this is to make egg hatching easier?

Discuss

Armando Payne

For number 2, definitely, whereas for number 1, I think it's unintentional, but that's a very good find, and this will become a great thread.

AndyBananny

Preschooler Trainer
Goldenrod City is the same way in Johto as far as daycares are concerned. Not as long, mind you, but the same concept.

It is intentional that they release the games on weekends because everyone would call into work/school sick to play Pokémon.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Goldenrod City is the same way in Johto as far as daycares are concerned. Not as long, mind you, but the same concept.

It is intentional that they release the games on weekends because everyone would call into work/school sick to play Pokémon.

Indeed. March 7th could break records as the worst pandemic ever known to man, with millions calling in sick. The cause of this mysterious 24-hour plague is still unknown.

Indeed. March 7th could break records as the worst pandemic ever known to man, with millions calling in sick. The cause of this mysterious 24-hour plague is still unknown.

I may sig this, but I think it will last longer than 24 hours, theres a lot of poke's in the national dex by now.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Well, in Gen. I, Psychic types were incredibly overpowered. The next Gen, they introduced two new types. You think they screwed with Psychics in order to have an excuse to make new types?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
On the topic of Shiny,

Scraggy has yellow saggy skin, Scrafty wears the skin of it's Prevo, thus it is yellow no?

Shiny Scraggy has Oarnge saggy skin, so Scrafty should have oarnge saggy skin too no? Nope, in evolution, the skin turns green.

Murton

Once you were lost.

Better yet, Kanto also has a long path to go up and down, the underground route.
I know you can't get eggs in first gen, but you are able to level your Pokes quickly.

Zuruzukins Bulbapedia:
Behavior

Zuruzukin live in groups that are governed by leaders, chosen by the size of their crests. They form these groups to beat up anyone who intrudes in their territory.
Black and White are supposed to represent America right? Zuruzukin looks and behaves like a stereotypical American gangster, intentional?

Uncle_Starburst

"I believe everything happens for a reason"

Sklobington

Damn you, CHILLI!!!

Not true, in Britain it's being release on the 5th (Friday)

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
Who else has noticed the similarity in shape between missing no. and the goldenrod radio tower in silver, Crystal and Gold. it might not be intentional but It is pretty strange.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
usually in HGSS I take my eggs, get on the train to saffaron city, and do laps around the southern part of kanto until they hatch.

I would say classic ribbons (which prevent GTS trading) being placed on event pokemon after GF found out about the GTS clone glitch in DP...

The "shape" of Lavender town sort of looks like a horizontally squished Missingno. Look at it for a bit. You might see it.

Creepy huh? Only Lavender town!

Not sure if it's intentional or not. Just something I noticed.

noahk

This shall become a great thread even though i have nothing to add now.