• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
What's all this on the Battle Subway being the Underground Railroad?

We were talking about Lenora and Nacrene. Abandoned railroad, Lenora living in a secret room under a moving bookshelf, some other guy brought it up earlier. And we've pretty much decided that it's not. :p also, in a way its not, but really, the racism and slavery in the United States lasted far longer than it needed too, and after almost all other European countries if memory serves. Could be wrong though. And forcing someone to work their whole lives in awful conditions with no pay and no hope of freedom is definitely NOT a good thing...

whatitsface Forest.

This made me laugh hysterically for a good 30 seconds and then I randomly stopped. That's probably a sign that I should go to bed. Probably shouldn't have stayed up all night replaying LeafGreen... I got to the 5th gym though! :D

Don't you know which Nacrene Town is? It's the one with the short railway, leading to whatitsface Forest.

Which used to be a part of the old railroad that got modernized into the B-Subway, or, more appropriately, Emmet and Ingo's incest-shack.

Yep, Ingo and Emmet doing it, on a train.

Other than that, I think you're reading too much into this.

Should'nt you have noticed by now that Zekrom and Reshiram look like Sumerian gods?

@PlatinumAssassin Half the world, ancient or modern, was built by slaves. Deal with it, and GameFreak's subliminal trolling of every US citizen, mocking their dignity because of their ancestor's actions.

Last edited:

VictiniMaster

Winning, Duh!
Steven is the Hoenn Champ
Alder is the Unova Champ
Steven Adler is the former drummer for Guns N Roses.

I know It's Alder not Adler, but I found it funny.

BTW Underground Railroad had NOTHING to do with Trains/Subways. Just sayin.

fhqwhgads

I'm sure it was hard to reach that conclusion, what with Japan's knowledge of the Underground Railroad, esPECIALLY since they no doubt use the same exact language as us, so it's probably the 'Underground Railroad' to them as well, allowing them to design that location-based word puzzle.

Oh wait.
BTW Underground Railroad had NOTHING to do with Trains/Subways. Just sayin.
Wow, is that what you learned last week in your middle school history class? Absolutely no one here knew that and had been agreeing that it could be a literal representation after you combine the two factors that were initially being discussed.

Nope.

Last edited:

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Oh, shush, we were having such fun playing on highly improbable possibilities. :p And yeah, we decided that from the very beginning, the little debate there was a misunderstanding/me playing on improbable possibilities because I enjoy doing that. :p woooooooo tootsie rolls! :D <3

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Not really. The Underground Railroad was a legitimate part of American history and Unova is based on the United States. Is it LIKELY they did it for that reason? No. But it's not going overboard or anything. Nor was he being racist, he was just pointing out an observation he made.

True, true. It just that, though an observation, that fact can be mistakenly offensive to many people on this site. Even then, I personally find this observation somewhat ridiculous. It's just going too deep for comfort.

Gamesgtd

Being black i can honestly say does it matter, play the game children

Jplague

N00bsauce
People need to stop blowing this fiasco out of the water, NO this game was not intended to be any kind of racist, YES i can be viewed that way but i HIGHLY doubt that they would purposely release a racist game, people who say it is racist are being racist themselves because they believe it is discriminating against them. Don't be ignorant people, just enjoy the game.

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Ayayay, can we just let this point go already??? Of COURSE its not plausable that its based off the Underground Railroad, we (at least, I was) were just playing with small possibilities.

Jplague

N00bsauce
i'm just tired of people saying that it's a racist game (although it kinda does seem like it is)

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Hmm, something I noticed a while back. Sinnoh is supposedly meant to be a region of harsh environments. (Mountains and snow) It seems that the final forms of the starters are built to handle the terrain well. Empoleon being a penguin and a steel type can handle the harsh icy waters and break through icebergs if necessary. While Infernape being a monkey (which is a very agile creature) and also being a fighting type can handle the mountains of Sinnoh. Also Torterra being a ground type and just rugged looking in general also looks suited for rough terrain. Just an interesting musing I thought.

*IZ*

Hmm, something I noticed a while back. Sinnoh is supposedly meant to be a region of harsh environments. (Mountains and snow) It seems that the final forms of the starters are built to handle the terrain well. Empoleon being a penguin and a steel type can handle the harsh icy waters and break through icebergs if necessary. While Infernape being a monkey (which is a very agile creature) and also being a fighting type can handle the mountains of Sinnoh. Also Torterra being a ground type and just rugged looking in general also looks suited for rough terrain. Just an interesting musing I thought.

Maybe the makers didn't notice it like that? But I have to admit this got me thinking. :)

VictiniMaster

Winning, Duh!
Although most likely intentional, Arceus's Platinum Dex info combines The Big Bang Theory and Creationism

"Platinum: It is said to have emerged from an egg in a place where there was nothing, then shaped the world"

It is said in the Big Bang Theory, that all matter was combined into one orb, and expanded out into the Universe. Arceus is said to have come from an egg that was the only thing. Then he created everything, as in creationism. It's quite interesting.

Zibdas

not bad
Was it intentional for Ambipom's tail 'hands' to look like udders? -_-

Ugh, now I can't get that image out of my head..