• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
Reshiram's... erm, fuzz. Did nobody bring that up or is it just me?
Elesa=VOCALOID.

On a (somewhat) unrelated note... at least three of my friends had no idea that it was implied in-game that N and Ghetsis are related. Not to mention they aren't the types of people to skip story text in games...

Zibdas

not bad
Um...You mean they DISN'T read the part where Ghetsis was yelling at N for being an imperfect son?

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
I have no clue, they somehow missed it. It was honestly quite hard to miss, unless they DIDN'T read it at all....

Zibdas

not bad
Which of corse proves that either they're blind, they're not scientifical or they overlooked it.

Option A makes the most sensde.

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
No, no, option B sounds about right to me.

Zibdas

not bad
That's kind of what I just said... >.>

XXD17

Draco rex
Is there implicit racism in that the Cotton Pokemon is exclusive to Black version while the Southern Bell Pokemon is exclusive to White version? ...Nah. No way that can be true...

...and whimsicott is a black-faced sheep (black body, white wool) rather than a regular white one...hmmm...seriously I don't think that's intentional...

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
...and whimsicott is a black-faced sheep (black body, white wool) rather than a regular white one...hmmm...seriously I don't think that's intentional...

I think we just proved that Unova is in fact racist. That's it, I'm moving to Kanto.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
Hiker from R/B/Y says before battle:
"Hit me with your best shot!"

And after battle,
"Fired away!"

Song quote? Has to be intentional.

KamiPein-sama

Waiting for Truth
Hiker from R/B/Y says before battle:
"Hit me with your best shot!"

And after battle,
"Fired away!"

Song quote? Has to be intentional.

I think that one actually was intentional. It was certainly full of win.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost
I noticed that several names in Pokemon Colosseum seem like nonsense, but are actually words spelled backwards. (And in Gale of Darkness too)

For example, "DEVAS" is "SAVED".

A lot of names aren't like that, but maybe they are mixed up words. Or maybe I'm reading too much into things. Or maybe some of the names are nonsense and some are words spelled backwards. I haven't figured it all out.

I noticed that several names in Pokemon Colosseum seem like nonsense, but are actually words spelled backwards. (And in Gale of Darkness too)

For example, "DEVAS" is "SAVED".

A lot of names aren't like that, but maybe they are mixed up words. Or maybe I'm reading too much into things. Or maybe some of the names are nonsense and some are words spelled backwards. I haven't figured it all out.

Oh wow, that would explain a lot

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Cobalion, Keldo, Horizon, and Terrakion are based off the three musketeers. I can't really think of any more. ...
Oh yes! The team rocket executives are named off of rockets-Proton, Petrel, Archer, and Araina-, Team Galactic's members are named after the Planets-Mars, Jupiter, Saturn(you meet them in this order, too, I think), that other dude that was in Platinum(Pluto's largest natural satalite), and Cyrus(based on some ancient word(I think Greek, Roman, or Latin) , which means sun, also the boss and the universe revolves around him)-, then Team Plasma's two leaders, N(a commonly used variable to represent nothing) and Ghetsis(Harmony, which he tricked N into think people are bad to Pokemon and tried to create peace)robes represent Castle flags are leaders of a Medieval styled team-symbol is a shield, Grunts wear medieval knights' beginning clothing, and N is the "king" of Team Plasma. Also, Ditto is Mew's failed clone, for a number of reasons:
1. They are the only Pokemon to learn Transform naturally.
2. Their normal colors are similar, but not the exact same, but their shinnies are.
3. In the first Pokemon movie, Team Rocket mentions that Mewtwo is the only SUCCESSFUL clone of Mew.

fhqwhgads

Oh yes! The team rocket executives are named off of rockets-Proton, Petrel, Archer, and Araina-, Team Galactic's members are named after the Planets-Mars, Jupiter, Saturn(you meet them in this order, too, I think), that other dude that was in Platinum(Pluto's largest natural satalite), and Cyrus(based on some ancient word(I think Greek, Roman, or Latin) , which means sun, also the boss and the universe revolves around him)-, then Team Plasma's two leaders, N(a commonly used variable to represent nothing) and Ghetsis(Harmony, which he tricked N into think people are bad to Pokemon and tried to create peace)robes represent Castle flags are leaders of a Medieval styled team-symbol is a shield, Grunts wear medieval knights' beginning clothing, and N is the "king" of Team Plasma.
Why is ANY of this in a 'Is it intentional?' topic?