• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

Inchtall

Back in Black....2

fhqwhgads

You tell me. What do YOU think the odds are that all Rocket Executives just happened to be named that way? What do YOU think the odds are of three different Pokemon having roots in all three Musketeers, right down to having a fourth outside the trio that is noticeably younger?

PlatinumAssassin

Dragon Master
Also, Ditto is Mew's failed clone, for a number of reasons:
1. They are the only Pokemon to learn Transform naturally.
2. Their normal colors are similar, but not the exact same, but their shinnies are.
3. In the first Pokemon movie, Team Rocket mentions that Mewtwo is the only SUCCESSFUL clone of Mew.

I don't see how this is nearly enough reasons to support this theory. I call BS on this one.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Probably mentioned but in the intro of black and white, after the battle,when the protagonist's room gets destroyed, if you go and click on the random objects, they are all broken or a mess, except the wii which does not even a 'scratch' on it.

Pretty intentional i think.

fhqwhgads

Probably mentioned but in the intro of black and white, after the battle,when the protagonist's room gets destroyed, if you go and click on the random objects, they are all broken or a mess, except the wii which does not even a 'scratch' on it.

It's just that everyone knows Nintendo consoles are made of Nintendium.

Zibdas

not bad
It's just that everyone knows Nintendo consoles are made of Nintendium.

My dad threw my Nintendium Nintendo Wii out the window once. I wish I could've said it survived...At least my SSBB disc that was in there did.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
Abusive parents much?

My little sister wrecked my gamecube by running past after I beat her at SSBB lol.
She tripped on the cable of my remote and brought it crashing to the floor. Remotes cables snapped and the console doesnt close. I also lost SSBB, my favorite game;
My parents told ME off as well.

I therefore reject the Nintendium theory.

Lol, never noticed that

BenjaminBattington

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pic

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Gen4's fire starter Infernape is quite clearly based on the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. Sun Wukong is a character from an ancient Chinese tale called Journey to the West. In this story, a monk named Xuanzhang goes on a dangerous pilgrimage to India and is protected by three supernatural bodyguards, the most famous of which is Sun Wukong.

The second most popular character from the story is Zhu Bajie, the pig. Notice a pattern here? Not to mention that Ken Sugimori supposedly said that he designed Emboar to have a "Chinese Style." This also explains the persistent use of the Fighting sub-type, as the monk's bodyguards were understandably extremely skilled at physical combat, Sun Wukong being the greatest fighter in the world, I believe.

If the pattern persists, we may see a starter Pokemon in the 6th gen based on the third bodyguard, Sha Wujing. He was a kind of humanoid Ogre, but his special ability was water combat. When submerged in water, he became extremely powerful and able even to beat Sun Wukong. Pokemon's first Water/Fighting starter? Might be cool.

Pic

Don't know if it's been mentioned before, but Gen4's fire starter Infernape is quite clearly based on the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. Sun Wukong is a character from an ancient Chinese tale called Journey to the West. In this story, a monk named Xuanzhang goes on a dangerous pilgrimage to India and is protected by three supernatural bodyguards, the most famous of which is Sun Wukong.

The second most popular character from the story is Zhu Bajie, the pig. Notice a pattern here? Not to mention that Ken Sugimori supposedly said that he designed Emboar to have a "Chinese Style." This also explains the persistent use of the Fighting sub-type, as the monk's bodyguards were understandably extremely skilled at physical combat, Sun Wukong being the greatest fighter in the world, I believe.

If the pattern persists, we may see a starter Pokemon in the 6th gen based on the third bodyguard, Sha Wujing. He was a kind of humanoid Ogre, but his special ability was water combat. When submerged in water, he became extremely powerful and able even to beat Sun Wukong. Pokemon's first Water/Fighting starter? Might be cool.
I always thought Infernape was based off of Goku from dragon ball z. I mean it is a monkey, Goku's species, the saiyan, can turn into a monkey. Plus they are both fighting. I mean, even Infernape's Japanese name, Goukazaru, sounds similar to Goku. I'm not sure if it's just me who noticed that

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
I always thought Infernape was based off of Goku from dragon ball z. I mean it is a monkey, Goku's species, the saiyan, can turn into a monkey. Plus they are both fighting. I mean, even Infernape's Japanese name, Goukazaru, sounds similar to Goku. I'm not sure if it's just me who noticed that

I always thought that Lucario was based of Goku, mainly because they both have aura/ki based attacks, they were both voiced by Sean Shemmel, and the fact the shiny Lucario looks like a super saiyan.

I always thought that Lucario was based of Goku, mainly because they both have aura/ki based attacks, they were both voiced by Sean Shemmel, and the fact the shiny Lucario looks like a super saiyan.

Wow, never realized that. But the whole monkey thing and the fact that Infernape's Japanese name sounds similar is more evidence

edit: And the whole aura thing is only in the anime and the brawl games.

Zibdas

not bad
I always thought Infernape was based off of a monkey who stuck his head in a campfire. Guess not then.

Zibdas

not bad
Lol, I've never heard of that

You've never heard of "a monkey who stuck his head in a campfire?"

Here's how it goes:

Once upon a time, there was a child. He had a monkey. They went camping. The monkey stuck it's head in a campfire. The child is now sad. The end.

Lol, I just made that up. But I really thought it was a monkey that lit itself on fire somehow.