• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The 'Is it Intentional?' Thread

Zachmac

I'm just saying that might of been how he got his English name.....He saw Ho-oh in the first episode. I'm saying that he might of been named after Ho-oh's fire type. And actually, he might of been named after red version instead, because it's a real name, unlike red. Heck, it could of been that he saw Ho-oh because of red version.

It's just my opinion on it.

Anyway, at least be grateful I'm not trying to convince people cubone is a baby kangashkan.

Last edited:

BCVM22

He's called Ash because it's short, monosyllabic, easy to remember, catchy and sounds vaguely like Satoshi, the character's original name. The name has nothing to do with Ho-oh or any of the game titles. He saw Ho-oh in the first episode because it was an effective means of showing an "unknown" future critter and thus getting across the message of "you keep buying this stuff, we'll keep making it." Nothing more.

I am grateful you aren't pushing some of this thread's usual mush, but it doesn't make this particular issue any less of a reach.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Unova is based on New York, and there is a giant desert in the middle of the region. Ground Zero, anyone?

And btw, This thread is AMAZING

Unova is based on New York, and there is a giant desert in the middle of the region. Ground Zero, anyone?

Except for the fact that Ground Zero is only about a city block big.

This one is my favorite. I hope it hasn't been mentioned already. So you know how Zweilous have Beatles haircuts? And what level does Zweilous evolve? That's right, 64.

Priceless

**** this, i'm out

And btw, This thread is AMAZING

..With an ancient castle in it.
But still, interesting.

I especially love the two guys in Sootopolis in RS who want to see big barboach and big Shroomish. I mean, that has to be intentional.

Oh, and that double battle between a young couple or something who have an Onix and a Cloyster.

xucretis

guys,please forget the story of ground zero,i have a great argument to that:they wouldn't make a game made to sell all over the over the world specially in usa resembling the most horrible atack of the country by the same reason americans wouldn't do a game to be sold at japan resembling Hiroshima.
when i first saw zoroark's shadow,i thought it was somehow related to lucario cause of the shape,but after that i realized they have some oposite points:
1-Lucario is a fight and steel and zoroark dark,fight is strong against dark but until there just coincidence.
2-zoroark is the ilusion pokemon and lucario is the aura pokemon, he can see others feelings and the soul of other living beings,like it was shown at super smash bros brawl,so he could see if zoroark was a ilusion,being a pokemon of truth oposite to ilusion
3-Lucario dream world ability is justified,wich raises atack when hit by dark types moves,what doesnt make much sense cause of his typing,but thsi could a clue of the type of his oposite,like zangose has imunity to outclass serviper

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Anyone bring up chansey (also known as Lucky) and its rather ironic national dex number of 113? Though seeing as 13 isn't seen as being the bad number in Japan , it's likely this just happened by chance (rimshot)

I've been encountering some trainers with some very interesting names. My pokenav in Sapphire has a fire starter named "Bernie" (silly, punny name) and a couple named "Lois and Hal" (Malcolm FTW).

Zachmac

Cubone -> Marowak -> Kangaskan. I'm not going too deep into that.
The pokedex says that Cubone's face is never seen, but you can clearly see the face of a Kangaskan's baby. Kangaskan is not a ground type, unlike those two. It also doesn't use bones in battle. The pokedex states that Marowak are weak without their bones, but yet Kangaskan isn't weak. If this is true, why doesn't Marowak evolve?

It was just because the graphics weren't as good then, so lots of pokemon came out looking similar(it's also why there isn't a volcano at Cinibar island).
I've been encountering some trainers with some very interesting names. My pokenav in Sapphire has a fire starter named "Bernie" (silly, punny name) and a couple named "Lois and Hal" (Malcolm FTW).
Fought someone named Yoshi on emerald. He used a bagon against me, even though he was a bug catcher.
1-Lucario is a fight and steel and zoroark dark,fight is strong against dark but until there just coincidence.
2-zoroark is the ilusion pokemon and lucario is the aura pokemon, he can see others feelings and the soul of other living beings,like it was shown at super smash bros brawl,so he could see if zoroark was a ilusion,being a pokemon of truth oposite to ilusion
3-Lucario dream world ability is justified,wich raises atack when hit by dark types moves,what doesnt make much sense cause of his typing,but thsi could a clue of the type of his oposite,like zangose has imunity to outclass serviper
I noticed this a long time ago. Probably true, they are both canines, and major representations of their generations. Lots of gen 5 pokemon were meant to represent previous generation pokemon. Ferrothorn and Ferroseed. Pineco and Forretress. Swap the O and E in Forretress's name, an on top of which, Pinco is part grass, Forretress is part steel, Ferrothorn is steel/grass.

Last edited:

Zachmac

I can see how one would assume this, but Pineco is just bug.
Really? Darn, I could of sworn serebii(the site) said it was bug/grass. I guess I was remembering.

But that's beside my point. Forretress hangs from trees and launches spikes, Ferrothorn hangs from cave ceilings and launches spikes. They also both have defense as their highest stats.

Something else I think is intentional.
Soodowoodo and Snorlax were both living road blocks that needed special items to be moved. Their baby evolutions were some of the first 4th gen pokemon to appear in any game. http://serebii.net/xd/4thgen.shtml

Last edited:

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
In B/W, They have Relic Castle, buried in the ground, Abyssal Ruins, a large city/castle thingy submerged in water, and the Dragonspiral tower that towers into the sky, and legendaries appear there.

Now...

Groudon --> Relic Castle (Forget about Volcarona for the moment >.>)
Kyogre --> Abyssal Ruins
Rayquaza --> Dragonspriral Tower

._. Anyone else kinda make that connection?

Zachmac

Hm...Abyssal Ruins might be important in "gray". It does seem like adding dive was pointless, but now that I think about it, it might be a foreshadow or something.

I mean, one is berried in the sand and one underwater...Might have a connection to the next game's plot.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
^Yeah... It seems a bit of a waste of a HM for just one site of ruins...

It could lead to the use of Div all over Unova so some unobtainable water types and others etc

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
..With an ancient castle in it.
But still, interesting.

I especially love the two guys in Sootopolis in RS who want to see big barboach and big Shroomish. I mean, that has to be intentional.

Oh, and that double battle between a young couple or something who have an Onix and a Cloyster.

Saw that by Haduun on youtube today lol, you'd have to think hard about that on if you want to understand that one.