• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Island of Illusions! (788)

JudySpell

Banned
I had been waiting ages for a Zoroark episode and then we got this weak filler for it. What a disgrace to Zoroark's legacy. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked seeing Team Rocket in scuba gear and how Zoroark's giant Meowth illusion scared them. Zoroark's backstory was sad and I liked how Joy returned and how Ash's group helped clean the pokemon center.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked that the shopkeeper at the start resembled a Kabigon. I've always liked Zoroark and its use of illusions, but I felt that his ability would've worked much better in a battle than as a plot device. I liked when he changed into a giant Kuitaran, though, and leave it to Kibago to get attacked by a Tamagetake.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked the music and the animation during the giant Heatmor scene, but the rest of the episode was so meh especially the ending. I wish Ash and friends had done more, but unfortunately Nurse Joy was the main character. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked the whole Zoroark mystery. You'd think someone who prides himself on his detective skills like Cilan would have figured things out, but oh well.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given that Zoroark appearing here seemed like a ploy to get the last movie-exclusive Gen V Pokemon to debut in the main series, I would've rather seen Luke appear in this episode with his Zorua having evolved, instead of getting a wild Zoroark.

The first half was like a throwback to Island of the Giant Pokemon episode, so we were already off to an okayish start. The second half was a happy reunion between Nurse Joy and Zoroark. I found the latter half of this episode to be more interesting. It was really touching how Zoroark spent its time alone saving Pokémon. I would've liked to see more about the revamped Pokemon Center and how Nurse Joy and Zoroark were doing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I found the latter half of this episode to be more interesting. It was really touching how Zoroark spent its time alone saving Pokémon.

He went kind of overboard when he was using his giant Pokemon illusions to frighten people who got too close to the island, however.

DYNAMAX FORESHADOWING LOL
Awesome and emotional episode for the Decolore Islands arc, and the only great one so far.