1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Island of Illusions! (788)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, May 23, 2013.

1. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

Question: Did it move it's mouth?

Yes this is important for fanfiction purposes. Oh crap it IS important.

2. Raptor_Crow

Raptor_Crow I lied to you all

Yes it moved its mouth, Zoroark was actually speaking as Nurse Joy. Zoroark have a more advanced Illusion ability than Zorua (who can't do this).

Zoroark can not only speak as whoever or whatever they're disguised as, they can also imitate their voices. So Zoroark sounded just like Nurse Joy.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  3. MastersOfMonsters

MastersOfMonsters ~Yaoi FanBoy~

I just noticed, when Pikachu used Thunder Bolt on the giant Heatmor, the animation for Thunderbolt looked more lik it did before BW (not when Pikachu just used it, cuz' that was stock footage, but when it charged and hit Heatmor).

4. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

It was the most comedic part of the episode, and the Basculin sub was cool.

5. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

What did you find funny about it? didn't know a giant Meowth and falling into the sea was funny now but maybe thats just me.

The episode didn't need comedy even.

6. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

It's the only reason they exist now...

7. idawnhikari

idawnhikari No Need to Worry!

This episode reminded me of "Island of the Giant Pokémon" from the Kanto Saga. Pretty cool and Zoroark was awesome, especially that bit where Ash kept
    making it change forms and it got worn out lol.

8. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

This episode looked pretty trippy during the main plot point...

9. Hikatoshi26

Hikatoshi26 Well-Known Member

Did anyone else lol when they were cleaning the Pokemon Center and Ash and Iris were doing labor and Dent was arranging flowers.

10. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Wait what??

11. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Oh my God that was such a boring episode. It looked mildly interesting in the previews, especially the giant Meowth scene, but Team Rocket didn't really do much in the actual episode. I still enjoyed seeing them in the submarine and wearing scuba gear though, and the giant Meowth scene played out exactly as I thought it would. The rest of the episode was just a jumbled mixture of a least a dozen previously used story lines. I liked the music and the animation during the giant illusion Heatmor scene, but the rest of the episode was sappy, especially the ending. I wish Ash and friends had done more, but unfortunately Nurse Joy was the central character. I give this episode three kisses out of ten.

12. Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994 Well-Known Member

From the preview scan i thought Meowth would control Zoroark or something this episode. Turned out to be horribly worse than expected.

Also how did that Zoroark-Joy talk at first, but then stopped? o_O

13. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

I thought this episode was very sweet...it showed the tender, nurturing side of a pokemon that would otherwise be characterized as devious or malicious (dark types)...I liked it...It might have been simplified (I also would have loved to have seen zoroark use some attacks) but there was a bit of emotion going on...at least it was better than the oshawott episode...also, has anyone else also noticed that most of the zoroark/ zorua that have made anime appearances were female?

14. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

What a terrible episode!It's like every episode is the same...

15. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Jessie in hysterics running from the illusion Meowth got a good laugh out of me.

16. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Like in DP and AG yeah.

Ok

17. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

This was such a beautiful episode, the music "for once" was good, and the story was just emotional enough to make my tear up.. loved it 9/10

18. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

Did the first appearance of fake!Heatmor crashing through the trees make anyone think of the smoke monster from the pilot of LOST?

19. NPT

NPT Just a member

This episode was one of the boring Decolora episodes.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  20. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

Guess i am the first to post about the dub, this episode was ok but not really all that great since not much really even happen, it was nice seeing Zorua and Zoruark, other than that really nothing to talk about