• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
It's been less than a day but I'm gonna say it already

Crown Tundra > Isle of Armour

Also the tundra feels alot more Scottish than the isle did Manx.

WaterTrainer243

Veteran Water Lover
What happens if we fail to catch either Zapdos, Moltres, or Articuno? The Galarian ones I mean? What happens if we get them to faint?

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
So, first of all, it's gorgeous, massive, and well designed, it feels like a coherent world.

But like with Isle of Armor.. What's the point? What's the point of Frigid Sea besides catching a few Pokemon (not even that many unique Pokemon that aren't in other places on the Crown Tundra)? It just feels like a waste of a nicely designed area..

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
You can go as soon as you reach the wild area, just like Isle of Armor. But unlike Isle, the game will not scale to accommodate new save files, so you have to fight Peony with his level 70 Pokemon. But you can lose and the story will go on.

You can also catch the dynamax legendary Pokemon even with no badges (may or may not be an oversight).

At least The Rental Battles might be fun even if i can't use whatever pokemon i get in the Main Game. :D

Pokemon Power

After asking around, found Regigigas. On another note, I normally ignore using legendary Pokemon but Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno along with the horse legendaries just stand out so much that I kind of want them on my team. Haven't felt like this since I was a child seeing Groudon for the first time.
Usually, I like to have the cover legendary of my game as the sixth and final member of my main team when I play.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
Did lots of Adventures.
got the following
Mesprit, Latios, Reshiram. & Ho-Oh.
also got Calyrex and Spectrier.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Do we have any evidence to suggest higher Shiny rates in the Dynamax Adventures? I just completed the first mandatory one and encountered both a Shiny Hitmontop AND Shiny Suicune.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Do we have any evidence to suggest higher Shiny rates in the Dynamax Adventures? I just completed the first mandatory one and encountered both a Shiny Hitmontop AND Shiny Suicune.
Okay first off, holy ****, second, I don't know.

iKarlCPFC

Do you have to get a certain location to invite friends to max raids? Our stamps don't show up for one another.

Halkel

Experimentalist
Do you have to get a certain location to invite friends to max raids? Our stamps don't show up for one another.
Nope, you just need to have your friend's switch Friend Code added to your switch to see them on the Y-Comm at a higher priority. Its not 100% it'll be seen though.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Anybody getting anything special from the 5 star yellow Delibird Raids?
Dream Balls are apparently available from them which is awesome. Odds are really bad (1% for 3*, 2% for 4* and 3% for 5*) but you can get more than one per save now. Other items include PP Ups, PP Maxes, Bottle Caps and increased numbers of EXP Candies. All of these other than the candies have low rates as well. Need to attempt these raids whenever I get them.

iKarlCPFC

Is this the same for the Max Lair?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Can someone do me a favor? Since it includes story spoilers, I will put it in a spoiler tag.

Save before the fused Calyrex fight, and catch it. Note the nature between the two Pokemon, Calyrex and the horse legendary. Now reset and do it again and see if the natures turn out different. I want to see when the natures are decided.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Can someone do me a favor? Since it includes story spoilers, I will put it in a spoiler tag.

Save before the fused Calyrex fight, and catch it. Note the nature between the two Pokemon, Calyrex and the horse legendary. Now reset and do it again and see if the natures turn out different. I want to see when the natures are decided.
Both natures change each time you catch Calyrex.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I haven't had a chance to play Crown Tundra yet, I've been at work all evening and will be back in tomorrow morning, so I need to wait a while before I can properly go to the Tundra. I have watched a few videos from TyranitarTube's playthrough and here are a few of my thoughts:

1) Peony is an awesome character, a complete goofball but also really wholesome because his main motivation is to bond with his daughter. I wish my dad was like Peony, and not a cheater who walked out on my mum when I was a baby, never wanted to be a part of my life and didn't pay any child maintenence....................................................What was I talking about again?
2) I'm hesitant to try the Dynamax Adventures, if doing them with NPCs is anywhere near as hard as regular 5-star Max Raids, I can see myself getting too frustrated to ever attempt them after one or two tries. That being said, I am eager for some Legendaries! And apparently Dynamax Adventures are the only place in Gen 8 where you can get the Hoenn Starters.
3) It's a nice refreshing touch to have Fossil Pokemon available to catch in the wild, and I'm surprised it's never happened in the main series until now.
4) I like how the Crown Tundra has its own similar-but-different versions of the Isle of Armour's two towers (the fields where you plant the steed's carrots) and the Diglett side quest (the Musketeer trio's footprints all over the Tundra).
5) I was not expecting Calyrex to be an actual fleshed out character. His motivation is believable, the running gag of him possessing Peony to talk is always funny, and I actually like the subversion of Calyrex accepting that he's never going to be king of Galar again and everyone has moved on without him.
6) On that note, I'm not a huge fan of the steeds, Spectrier in particular looks a bit plain and uninteresting, and the "fusion" with Calyrex isn't exactly creative, but I do appreciate how the story mission is basically helping Calyrex take his horse down the old town road so he can ride til he can't no more.
7) Sonia. Enough said.

Rapter

Has the Crown Tundra add any new method to obtaining the Apriballs?
I checked online and someone said there is but I couldn't find any additional info beyond that?