• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I like using SubPlot with Spectrier. It forces switches out a lot due to its speed tier and strength, so you get a lot of guaranteed substitutes.

I just use Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse for attacks. It works, you know?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I ran into Kyurem twice. How is it possible

KierTronik

Oshawott is bab
So, quick question has anyone else encountered the dynamax Greedent you encounter by trying to shake the dynatree? Cause I just did and as far as I can tell there is no mention of it on Serebii and it feels like something that should be mentioned somewhere considering you are alone for the battle and it goes until all your pokemon are knocked out or you possibly catch (I couldn't beat it in my encounter so I don't know for sure). Also, it seems really tough.
Woah that is interesting! Im gonna go do that!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Caught Lunala today. It took two tries. First time, didn't have a good team, but the second time, had a far better team and Morpeko was the MVP. Also caught some other Pokemon.

NeoPhantom

Huh, I just realized that the information regarding the levels of trainers and wild pokemon scaling thats in the internet is completely wrong.

They scale according to the highest levelled pokemon in the Players Partyand Box. So if you have a lv 100 pokemon in a box you will get the highest leveled encounters even if you have no badges. On the other hand if you only have low leveled pokemon you have low levelled encounters even post-game.

Autobot N

How does one get Poipole? I've started the UB story, caught Necrozma and several other UBs, and beaten 16+ DMax adventures, but it won't show up. I also talked to Peony and completed the clue, but still nothing

scififan21

Caught Zapdos and trying to get Registeel he is a bugger. Also where the heck did Articuno fly off to? I hate how foggy it is in certain parts of Wild Areas at the worst times for me. XD

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just took on the Giant tree Greedunt. That thing was a challenge! Glad that I got so many berries from it.

Zorovolt

Champion of the Zora
I have been rinsing the Dynamax adventures like everyone else even though I've only done the first chapter (Calyrex). First encounter was Kantonian Moltres, slight bummer as I transferred the kantonian birds from let's go assuming they wouldn't be natively available in SwSh. Next up was Pheromosa (haven't started the Ultra story?) Nearly got her, she was Burned but destroyed us at the last second. Then for Cresselia and Zygarde (Z took 2 tries, I refer you to Complete forme and the fact we won 2nd time was sheer dumb luck) I didnt think I'd be bothered by the DA and am in fact addicted.

How can the CT be so breathtaking next to IOA? Also loving the pokemon meets Tomb Raider vibes when hunting the regis which is my next task- not sure if anyone else felt like this?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I've been playing Crown Tundra all day, and so far I'm really liking it. I'm actually a bit shocked by how fun and simple the Dynamax Adentures are, I was expecting the ultimate challenge that would put all my skills as a Pokemon trainer to the test, but actually, it's fairly straightforward going through the cave and beating all of the Pokemon, to the point where I even found it a bit therapeutic. The NPCs and their Pokemon are so much better than the ones in regular Max Raids, the rental Pokemon are always pretty good (Crustle is my favourite), and the Legendaries aren't too much of a problem to bring down. So far I've caught Suicune, Yveltal, Tapu Fini, Cresselia, Giratina and Lugia. The only downside is I've also found Blaziken and Sceptile in the Adventures I've done, but because I was unsure if I would ever run into the certain Legendaries again, I gave them both up. I hope it isn't too long before I encounter them again.

aerial_ace

Crown tundra is actually a blast. From the first direct i knew this will be the better of two dlc but the amount of content in this part is fantastic. The story and exploration is top notch it is so much fun to hunt all the legendaries. New legendaries are awesome and the whole Calyrex story is very interesting plus human characters are very likeable.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'm liking Dynamax Adventures so far, although I'm somewhat unimpressed with the movesets of some of the Pokemon and I do wish they had included some way to communicate with your teammates while choosing which path to take, even something as simple as being able to recommend a path.

A couple Pokemon that stood out to me so far were Scyther and Basculin, of all things. Scyther in particular is amazing for Dynamax Adventures, especially if you can get him early. Strong, fast, and with high PP moves that are boosted by Technician, he more than pulled his weight even though I ended up facing off against Moltres, possibly the worst possible match-up for him. Aerial Ace still did a hefty amount, and he survived a Heat Wave thanks to the Eviolite I had found earlier in the adventure. Basculin also stood out to me, specifically the version with Liquidation / Dive / Psychic Fangs / Ice Fang. It also dominated in a tough match-up, helping defeat a Tapu Bulu with 0 losses throughout the entire adventure.

Overall a lot of fun and a very solid mechanic. I'd like if it there were a mode where you can do an Adventure with your own Pokemon, even if you can't keep any of the Pokemon you catch and the only reward is Dynite Ore. It would still be fun to be able to participate in an Adventure with the Pokemon I raised myself.

Bus

Glastier Calyrex is a beast monster. I've never seen such a dangerous, tanky Ice pokemon before. Holy crap.

KillerDraco

I'm liking Dynamax Adventures so far, although I'm somewhat unimpressed with the movesets of some of the Pokemon and I do wish they had included some way to communicate with your teammates while choosing which path to take, even something as simple as being able to recommend a path.

Stadium moveset flashbacks intensify.

But yeah, I'd concur with an inability to communicate being one of my biggest gripes. I find myself wondering if some people don't realize you can scroll back up in Dynamax Adventures to check what's ahead, because it really feels like some people don't think ahead at all with the choices they make. I find far too many situations where I end up with something like an Electric boss, but being forced to go down a path that leads to Water and Flying types on the left path as opposed to Grass and Ground types on the right path.

That said it's definitely a lot more fun with friends using an alternate way to communicate, i.e., Discord. Some of them, most notably Xerneas, gave me infinite headaches trying to do them with 3 random folks, but when getting a group of friends together, it was still challenging but much more doable.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Is there an easier way to get Beast Balls (or the Dynite Ore needed to buy it)? 150 is an absurd price for something that you'll most likely want/need in Dynamax Adventures, and I just used the one I got from the Ball Guy on a Guzzlord.

Bus

Is there an easier way to get Beast Balls (or the Dynite Ore needed to buy it)? 150 is an absurd price for something that you'll most likely want/need in Dynamax Adventures, and I just used the one I got from the Ball Guy on a Guzzlord.
You don't need them; everything caught in Dynamaxed adventures are 100% catch rate. You can catch them with a Premier Ball if you want.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
You don't need them; everything caught in Dynamaxed adventures are 100% catch rate. You can catch them with a Premier Ball if you want.

Which makes it even more nonsensical to make Beast Balls so stupidly expensive. Still though, I'd like to put my UBs in Beast Balls because I want to so is there an alternative?

KillerDraco

Which makes it even more nonsensical to make Beast Balls so stupidly expensive. Still though, I'd like to put my UBs in Beast Balls because I want to so is there an alternative?

For whatever reason, GF seems obsessed with making Beast Balls and Apricot Balls arbitrarily rare.

You can get one additional one from showing Peony a Necrozma you caught from Dynamax Adventures, but other than that you're stuck either getting them for the 150 Ore a pop trade deal (which is a horrible conversion rate), the one freebie from Stow-in-Side, or the random ones you can get from Champion Cup rematches.

It's a hard life for those who want their 'Mons in specific balls.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Finished Endless Dynamax up to 5 floors with some people online. Got 97 Dynite Ores out of it... huh.