• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Alright there's just one thing left that needs to be known for CT: WHERE THE HELL IS FKING VICTINI JESUS LORD. You'd think it'd be found by now considering it's now in the game and has supposedly been found to be encounterable.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Completed the CT dex!

The reward is a crown that's compared to the crown from the IoA dex. I like the CT crown more though

Also when I completed the Galar Star Tournament for the first time. I was completely surprised by the million pokedollars reward. That's nice I guess

PsychoLogical

Oh ye I forgot to mention, you gotta wonder if they're gonna plan on doing another DLC since to me now that I think about it, something just feels incomplete still.

KillerDraco

Oh ye I forgot to mention, you gotta wonder if they're gonna plan on doing another DLC since to me now that I think about it, something just feels incomplete still.

I doubt it. Considering they're releasing an "All in one" game with the DLC included, it wouldn't make much sense for them to make more DLC at this point.

Doesn't mean we won't see other games such as remakes, spin-offs, etc that can connect with Sw/Sh, though.

PsychoLogical

Glad to see Victini is actually living up to its title of mythical lmao.
I'm still malding that it's still hasn't been found despite that it's supposed to be there.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If Victini isn't found tomorrow, I'm settling on Victini not being obtainable at all.

Oh for sure.

Especially since Poipole and Cosmog also have static encounters but we know that's not how you get them. If Victini were a gift we'd have found it by now.

KillerDraco

This would not be the first time that the data for something is in the game without the Pokemon itself being in. I think the most infamous example was X/Y having the data for Mega Latios and Mega Latias, even though they were not released until OR/AS over a year later.

Take it with a grain of salt. It might be in, it might not.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This would not be the first time that the data for something is in the game without the Pokemon itself being in. I think the most infamous example was X/Y having the data for Mega Latios and Mega Latias, even though they were not released until OR/AS over a year later.

Yeah, it was a great feeling then and it's an even wonderful feeling now.

Surfing Pikachu

So with these adventures is there anyway to hunt shiny legendaries with apricorn balls? I would hate to lose the ball if there isn't a way to reset.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
So with these adventures is there anyway to hunt shiny legendaries with apricorn balls? I would hate to lose the ball if there isn't a way to reset.
You are guaranteed to capture any Pokémon in Dynamax Adventures so there is no worry of wasting your Poke Balls. Only difficult part is winning the battle against the Legendary.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Well I gotta admit, I found Isle of Armour quite disappointed when I played it earlier this year. So my expectations were low for Crown Tundra.

However what fun I had yesterday playing it, it took me back to the days of 3rd and 4th gen where there were loads of legendary Pokémon quests to go on and spend hours on after completing the story, like going on the hunt for the Regis or tracking down Cressilia, etc. And then spending hours trying to catch them.

My only gripe is that Gamefreak haven’t done this in the last few games, only adding a couple of legendary and then having mythical Pokémon that you just get given, and although they’ve done it this time, it isn’t in the base game.

It’s also been lovely having Swampert and Garchomp following behind me, I just wish my 3 favourite Pokémon were available still.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm sure it is mentioned before, but wouldn't hurt to echo one of the important game-changing features: Dynamax Adventures.

Apparently, it has 1/100 chance of finding a Shiny, and once caught in Standard Form, it cannot be caught again. I missed my opportunity with Moltres, Entei, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Tapu Lele and Pheromosa, which I'm unable to hunt from now on. Would be a nice reminder for folks shiny-hunting some of these beauties.

Vize

Does anyone know if Crown Tundra has a lower-level nonpostgame version, similer to how Isle of Armor has two version?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I finally finished the Clayrex, Regi and Legendary Bird stories.

First of all, I like Peony. He's actually quite funny. I feel bad for him though every time Calyrex uses his body. I also chose Glastrier because I find it more thematically fitting, location-wise.

As for the Regis, I'm really happy with the small bits of puzzle involved. Really gives me the classic Pokemon vibes in legendary hunting.

Same with the legendary birds. It's awesome to actually be chasing them that requires effort. I failed engaging the real Articuno several times. I had to find the best route to engage Moltres and Zapdos on their paths. The bike's speed boost doesn't last long enough.

In general, I actually had fun with the legendaries in this DLC. Haven't tried the Galar Tournament yet so I can't say much about that.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I find it strange that Spectrier's movepool is actually pretty sucky. Spectrier has only a very few special moves that it can learn. Glastrier on the other hand... it's movepool is way better off except for the physical ice moves.

I'd bet this is most likely to compensate for Glastrier being another slow, defensive-minded Ice-type while Spectrier gets to be the fast, hard-hitting Ghost-type. They know the latter is a lot more appealing, so Spectrier gets Generation V level narrowness in its moves to make it more predictable, and Glastrier gets a lot of different types, some of which are super-effective against common Pokémon that give Ice-types problems, like Fire-types and Steel-types.

As for physical Ice-moves, there's Icicle Crash, which is the strongest non-signature physical Ice-type attack.

I wonder how we get team flare outfit?

Much of it can be obtained, at least for the male player character, via getting the orange formal jacket, the orange inner shirt and tie, and the orange business trousers. I forget what they're actually called in-game, however.

Stadium moveset flashbacks intensify.

But yeah, I'd concur with an inability to communicate being one of my biggest gripes. I find myself wondering if some people don't realize you can scroll back up in Dynamax Adventures to check what's ahead, because it really feels like some people don't think ahead at all with the choices they make. I find far too many situations where I end up with something like an Electric boss, but being forced to go down a path that leads to Water and Flying types on the left path as opposed to Grass and Ground types on the right path.

That said it's definitely a lot more fun with friends using an alternate way to communicate, i.e., Discord. Some of them, most notably Xerneas, gave me infinite headaches trying to do them with 3 random folks, but when getting a group of friends together, it was still challenging but much more doable.

There are a lot of people out there who don't really think as a team. Most common is that they swap their Pokémon from the scientist despite having one that already works well against the next threat--they seem to be trying to RNG their way to something better, but none times out of ten they get something worse.

As for the long-term planning, I've noticed Dialga seems to be giving them problems too. Dialga resists so many types and is weak only to Fighting and Ground, which really throws people off when the map lists its type as "Dragon."

Is this not the same as the Alola starters and Cobalion & Friends randomly being made available to bring in from Pokémon HOME but with no other way to get them until much later? It might just be a little hidden thing for people who have Victini and discover they can now bring them over.

Luthor

I think I fluked the legendary Galarian birds. Galarian Articuno hunted me essentially as it appeared infront of me. Zapdos I managed to spot it as soon as I got the right area and cut off quite easily as due to being able to go over water. Galarian Moltres was the hardest but as soon as I found the ridge it was quite easy to cuttoff on the second attempt (first time I went in the wrong direction). Think the only legendary to give me any trouble was Registeel and that's because I forgot I could whistle.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I gave endless Dynamax Adventures a go this morning. I got put out on the second round by Giratina as it just tanked everything and I ended up exceeding the 10 turn limit. Shame I couldn’t keep any of the Pokémon I caught but it’s definitely great for farming Dynite Ore.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Does anyone know if Crown Tundra has a lower-level nonpostgame version, similer to how Isle of Armor has two version?

Nope. All you can really do without 8 badges is Dynamax adventures.