• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Yikes... Can't they leave the original Pokémon alone? GF should either make them available or put their creativity on new Pokémon. This path of regional variants they've dwelled on for the last few years reeks of desperation...
These birds have never gotten anything surprisingly despite their status as the first ever legendary trio. Especially when Mewtwo got two Megas and Mew got an exclusive Z-move. They were bound to get something sooner or later lol.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
The DLC are a missed opportunity to add many new Pokemon rather than adding Pokemon from previous generations.
Edit: I think we can forget about Sinnoh remakes. If i recall well i saw Giratina, Palkia and Dialga in the trailer.
How many new pokemon are you talking about?.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I looked more into the Max Soup and it looks like it’s a permanent effect and not a temporary one like I thought originally. I can see it being very difficult to make but I’m up for a challenge. Looking forward to the DLC.

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
These birds have never gotten anything surprisingly despite their status as the first ever legendary trio. Especially when Mewtwo got two Megas and Mew got an exclusive Z-move. They were bound to get something sooner or later lol.

Why should old Pokémon get anything to begin with? They are fine the way they are, why doesn't GF dedicate their resources to create new Pokémon? If it was up to me, none of them (legendary or not) would get anything. No regional forms, no mega evolutions, no Z-moves or whatever new gimmick they suddenly make up. They would remain the way they are and they would be made available if they want to pander to old fans. I can't imagine who exactly are they trying to appeal with this. Then again, a lot of people fawn over these hollow examples of lack of originality, so what do I know...

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Yikes... Can't they leave the original Pokémon alone? GF should either make them available or put their creativity on new Pokémon. This path of regional variants they've dwelled on for the last few years reeks of desperation...
How dose this reek of desperation?.

Then again, a lot of people fawn over these hollow examples of lack of originality, so what do I know...
How dare people like a thing i don't like. Also, if were following your logic, let's get rid of the evolutions and baby evolutions of older pokemon introduced in later gens, because the old pokemon were perfectly fine the way they were.

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
How dare people like a thing i don't like.

straw_man.jpg

Also, if were following your logic, let's get rid of the evolutions and baby evolutions of older pokemon introduced in later gens, because the old pokemon were perfectly fine the way they were.

Indeed, they were. But that's not following my logic since those are new Pokémon. In any case, you won't see me praise the evolutions they shoved into later generations.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Why should old Pokémon get anything to begin with? They are fine the way they are, why doesn't GF dedicate their resources to create new Pokémon? If it was up to me, none of them (legendary or not) would get anything. No regional forms, no mega evolutions, no Z-moves or whatever new gimmick they suddenly make up. They would remain the way they are and they would be made available if they want to pander to old fans. I can't imagine who exactly are they trying to appeal with this. Then again, a lot of people fawn over these hollow examples of lack of originality, so what do I know...
Then I guess Gen 2 and 4 can be removed entirely. Your logic is really poor.

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
Your words, not mine "Then again, a lot of people fawn over these hollow examples of lack of originality, so what do I know..."

Yes, those are my words. What aren't my words is "How dare people like a thing i don't like."

That's what's called a strawman, in case the picture I posted wasn't clear.

AllBlue

So I saw towards the end an Aggron getting hit with a move but they haven't been added to list of pokemon returning in the dlc, do you think they'll be in isle of armor or in crown tundra? (I would assume armor since, yknow.. steel type)

Red and Blue

Oh hey Galarian Slowbro is Psychic/Poison. That means Psychic is the third type to have been paired with the others at least once

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Let's ease up on the fighting. It's fine to agree to disagree on something, but resorting to cheap arguments, not so much.

Baggie_Saiyan

The soup thing oh hell yeah! The Galarian Moltres is so much better than his original design but Zapdos does still look the best to me. The Regi's are much cooler looking than the original 4. Galarian Slowpoke is just great I just hope it's shiny isn't the same as Slowpoke because I prefer it's current colour scheme. HA Starter shiny hunting should tide me over for the 2weeks (though my current luck this gen it will take me 2 weeks to just get 1 of them lol)

Given the Apricorn Ball distributions recently I guess that might mean we get access to the Apricorns in the Tundra? That would kinda suck but the end of the world as I planned to use the gap between releases farming Moon Balls and catching as many Mons as possible!

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
That was an awesome trailer, after an extremely hard week in my personal life this was the pick-me-up I really needed. A few things I took away from it:

1) Among the confirmed returning Pokemon, Talonflame is still the only one I'd really like to add to a team (still no Gogoat, shame), but it's good to see a lot of Pokemon I really like such as Krookodile and Tauros are back.
2) While they're not the types I guessed they would be, I like the rock/paper/scissors type match-up thing the Galarian legendary birds have going on, even if it doesn't entirely work with Zapdos and Moltres because Moltres is still a Flying-type and Flying is resistant to Fighting so Zapdos has ended up with a type disadvantage against the other two, but oh well.
3) Klara though.
4) Galarian Slowbro is pretty much what I expected, no surprises there, but its signature move sounds good. Now I'm eager to see if it can hold its own against Bea, seeing as it is still a Psychic-type and three of Bea's Pokemon have Dark-type moves.
5) I probably won't use either Gigantamax Venusaur or Blastoise on my team, because I chose Sobble as my starter in my newest playthrough, Slowbro will be Poison-type and I've grown attached to the Tsareena I'm using. Either way it'll be good to get them registered in Pokemon Home.
6) Regieleki is a strange name to say out loud. It just doesn't sound right. Regileki perhaps, but the added e just makes it weird.
7) NO DELAY! I'm so happy that the virus hasn't affected the planned release date for the Isle of Armour, and I can't wait to start playing!

BCVM22

And just like that, your rejected non-G-Max Shiny Machamp can shine as a macho Godzilla.

Do we know for certain that the soup thing can be used on any Pokémon that has a Gigantamax form but doesn't have the stamp? Or is it merely how your starter Pokémon will gain the ability?