1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by shoz999, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

If the Max Soup only G-Max enables your starter, then we still have the matter that is G-Max Melmetal.

I'm guessing its for any Pokemon with a G-Max, but I guess we'll see.

2. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

What’s with GF and adding moves that do residual damage every turn this gen? Someone at GF really wanted an Electric and Grass variant of Fire Spin

Also a big fan of the Galarian bird trio and the new Regis (names aren’t what I expected). Typings are cool for all 5

I really hope the GMax soup isn’t tied to how we get Melmetal

wolf jani and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  3. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

Oh, look. Another strawman. That's a nice way to miss the point. Hitmontop and Politoed have nothing to do with what I said. They are new Pokémon, not existing ones with an uglier design nor are they evolutions to Pokémon that didn't have any to begin with.

Where and when did I not accept the fact that different people have different tastes? That's precisely one of the things I acknowledged in my post.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You "acknowledged" it by saying "I can't help if people like this awful stuff." Whether you intended to mean it that way or not, it comes off very much as trying to paint the target as objectively terrible, and the people who do like it as having objectively poor taste.

Ophie, Genos, Dragalge and 7 others like this.
  5. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Still no reasoning behind the Galar form birdos. I love Articuno's brain freeze ability. Wonder what they're fighting about. The website mentions that people thought these forms were in fact Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno so is that implying that they aren't or that at first glance people thought they were the original forms?

Anyways, I love Regidrago and Regielekie, though the latter sounds like something I would nickname an Elekid, "Elekie".

This is the kind of stuff I stick around for, the lore behind these guys is bound to be interesting.

Ophie and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  6. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

Luxray is better. Guess I'll have to breed a shiny Shinx once again.

They are almost getting me to buy this thing. If only I got confirmation Chespin's coming back, I'd have done just that already lol

Ophie and Ignition like this.
  7. Mr.Fiend

Mr.Fiend Flavour town and titty city native

Watch out man, he is gonna accuse you of "strawmanning".

8. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

I was hoping for additional Galarian forms, but I'm still hyped with everything we got in this trailer. All of the new features look amazing and I'm glad to see many of the pokemon on my wishlist are coming back. I especially love Galarian Slowbro solely for its lore/flavor text since it fits perfectly with how my IoA team so far is based on the concept of balance (Dusk Lycanroc= balance of body, Galarian Slowbro= balance of mind, Rapid Strike Urshifu= balance of spirit), so now I'm definitely excited for the 17th!

As for the Crown Tundra, I'll wait until it gets closer to Fall to get excited, but I already know I'm probably going to add Cryogonal & Galarian Zapdos to my team

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Ophie and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

It's probably Dustox, given her hair ornament.

10. RoughCoronet0

RoughCoronet0 Dragon lover

As a proud member of Team Instinct it warms my heart to see that the Galarian Cousin to our glorious Thunder Bird doesn’t conspire with the “cruelty” of Mystic or the “Malevolence” or Valor, and instead simply wishes to show us the wonders that is......leg day every day!

All joking aside as I love all three teams and their magnificent mascots, I really love these three Galarian forms for the bird trio and I’m happy that they are finally getting something new.

Ophie, catzeye, AgentKallus and 2 others like this.
  11. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

The issue with Melmetal is that it's heavily tied to Go (whether people like that or not).

I suppose they could break the exclusivity, but I wouldn't fully count on it.

12. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

I’m aware but would much rather they just made it a one time event by giving out a specific Dynamax Crystal that you could use at the Watchtower Ruins. Once it’s caught, the thing is void or just unusable for that save file.

Auraninja likes this.
  13. LusoTrainer

LusoTrainer Retro Trainer

No, I meant what I said exactly the way I said it. That I find these to be "hollow examples of lack of originality", which is true.

Nowhere did I talk about the people who like what I consider to be "hollow examples of lack of originality" other than acknowledging that they exist, nor did I try to paint anyone as something objectively anything as made evident in the words and sentences I wrote.

14. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

I have zero complaints about what was revealed. However, my disappointment will be immeasurable if Galarian Slowbro is the only new form/Pokémon we get in this expansion.

15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

They could pull a Nickit situation. A new unannounced Pokemon literally outside the player's hometown.

Ophie and Pikachu111213 like this.
  16. Volcarona1994

Volcarona1994 Well-Known Member

Fortunately, there are 15 days left to play the IoA DLC, so it can help to solve some questions to the CT DLC. I haven't thought Peony could own a Galarian Slowking, and it makes some sense...
    I think it's not because if you see her hair ornament from behind you can tell it's different. Dustox has 2 circles in the upper wings. The lower wings have no circle patterns. In Klara's hair ornament you can tell each pair of wings has 1 circle.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  17. shoz999

shoz999 The goofiest-looking dog I've ever seen. I LUV IT!

Looking at Regidrago and Regieleki, they give me the impression that their stats are revered from the previous Regi Trio, instead of focusing largely on defense, it may be largely on offense.

18. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

The new Regis are a bit funny with the lore of Regidrago implying that ancient peoples were just again and again having to deal with Regigigas' experiments in creating new pokemon. Also like how we are now getting more representation of how the different pokemon types are themselves less biological and more a type of energy/elemental force that exists within them and gives them a given typing. We've seen this in some pokemon moves and abilities, but now we have Regigigas outright creating a new Regi by turning Dragon type energy into a crystalline form.

I like the theme of the Galarian trio's signature moves embodying or looking like what type the Galarian form lost from the original form.

About them being mistaken for the original Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres at first, presumably this was due to how for many people the most they ever see of a legendary pokemon is the creature in the distance, shrouded in fog or snow or otherwise not seen clearly. Thus it took a while for enough information to be gathered and clear sightings to occur to realize how different they were,

Also, I really don't get the criticisms of giving old pokemon new forms. Functionally they are entirely new pokemon, they just get to also indulge the reliable boon that is nostalgia. The only negative that could come about is if you want to use different regional forms on the same competitive team, since multiple pokemon with the same name are not allowed.

Ophie, FlygontheRavager, i2i and 4 others like this.
  19. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I wish we knew more about Regigigas, like why did it create the Regis? It sounds like there was a clear purpose to it. I mean, I suppose it could be that, due to being so close to humans and other Pokemon, it wanted to reproduce. Or maybe it wanted to give people something to help defend them.

Ophie likes this.
  20. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

It wouldn't surprise me if they dived a little deeper into Regigigas' lore as a way to justify the existence of the new Regis.

Ophie, wolf jani and Mr.Munchlax like this.