• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC - GENERAL DISCUSSION Thread

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If the Max Soup only G-Max enables your starter, then we still have the matter that is G-Max Melmetal.

I'm guessing its for any Pokemon with a G-Max, but I guess we'll see.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
What’s with GF and adding moves that do residual damage every turn this gen? Someone at GF really wanted an Electric and Grass variant of Fire Spin

Also a big fan of the Galarian bird trio and the new Regis (names aren’t what I expected). Typings are cool for all 5

I really hope the GMax soup isn’t tied to how we get Melmetal

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
That's a nice Hitmontop and Politoed in your sig.

Oh, look. Another strawman. That's a nice way to miss the point. Hitmontop and Politoed have nothing to do with what I said. They are new Pokémon, not existing ones with an uglier design nor are they evolutions to Pokémon that didn't have any to begin with.

Accepting that different people have different tastes to yours and acknolwedging that your tastes won't always be catered for is a sign of maturity.

Where and when did I not accept the fact that different people have different tastes? That's precisely one of the things I acknowledged in my post.

BCVM22

That's precisely one of the things I acknowledged in my post.

Then again, a lot of people fawn over these hollow examples of lack of originality, so what do I know...

You "acknowledged" it by saying "I can't help if people like this awful stuff." Whether you intended to mean it that way or not, it comes off very much as trying to paint the target as objectively terrible, and the people who do like it as having objectively poor taste.

Ultra Beast Lover

Still no reasoning behind the Galar form birdos. I love Articuno's brain freeze ability. Wonder what they're fighting about. The website mentions that people thought these forms were in fact Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno so is that implying that they aren't or that at first glance people thought they were the original forms?

Anyways, I love Regidrago and Regielekie, though the latter sounds like something I would nickname an Elekid, "Elekie".

This is the kind of stuff I stick around for, the lore behind these guys is bound to be interesting.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Luxray is better. Guess I'll have to breed a shiny Shinx once again.

They are almost getting me to buy this thing. If only I got confirmation Chespin's coming back, I'd have done just that already lol

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I was hoping for additional Galarian forms, but I'm still hyped with everything we got in this trailer. All of the new features look amazing and I'm glad to see many of the pokemon on my wishlist are coming back. I especially love Galarian Slowbro solely for its lore/flavor text since it fits perfectly with how my IoA team so far is based on the concept of balance (Dusk Lycanroc= balance of body, Galarian Slowbro= balance of mind, Rapid Strike Urshifu= balance of spirit), so now I'm definitely excited for the 17th!

As for the Crown Tundra, I'll wait until it gets closer to Fall to get excited, but I already know I'm probably going to add Cryogonal & Galarian Zapdos to my team

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
An interesting thing to note was we see Avery with a Galarian Slowbro, and him and Klara both Dynamaxing a Pokémon. While Avery Dynamaxes his Galarian Slowbro we don’t see what Pokémon Klara Dynamaxes.

This combine with the fact that they never show Klara with a Galarian Slowbro would seem to suggest that Klara has a Pokémon that we haven’t seen yet.

Because if she was just sending out a Dynamax Galarian Slowbro or another Pokémon that we already know about then there wouldn’t be any reason to hide it.

Also given that every major/important character has a G-Max it means that either Klara and Avery will use a existing G-Max Pokémon that doesn’t have a associated character yet or there is one or two new G-Max Pokémon that we haven’t seen yet.
It's probably Dustox, given her hair ornament.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover

As a proud member of Team Instinct it warms my heart to see that the Galarian Cousin to our glorious Thunder Bird doesn’t conspire with the “cruelty” of Mystic or the “Malevolence” or Valor, and instead simply wishes to show us the wonders that is......leg day every day!

All joking aside as I love all three teams and their magnificent mascots, I really love these three Galarian forms for the bird trio and I’m happy that they are finally getting something new.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I really hope the GMax soup isn’t tied to how we get Melmetal
The issue with Melmetal is that it's heavily tied to Go (whether people like that or not).

I suppose they could break the exclusivity, but I wouldn't fully count on it.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The issue with Melmetal is that it's heavily tied to Go (whether people like that or not).

I suppose they could break the exclusivity, but I wouldn't fully count on it.
I’m aware but would much rather they just made it a one time event by giving out a specific Dynamax Crystal that you could use at the Watchtower Ruins. Once it’s caught, the thing is void or just unusable for that save file.

LusoTrainer

Retro Trainer
You "acknowledged" it by saying "I can't help if people like this awful stuff." Whether you intended to mean it that way or not, it comes off very much as trying to paint the target as objectively terrible, and the people who do like it as having objectively poor taste.

No, I meant what I said exactly the way I said it. That I find these to be "hollow examples of lack of originality", which is true.

Nowhere did I talk about the people who like what I consider to be "hollow examples of lack of originality" other than acknowledging that they exist, nor did I try to paint anyone as something objectively anything as made evident in the words and sentences I wrote.

Volcarona1994

In Klara’s case it could be a brand new Pokémon or a new regional form. Now in Peony’s case it could be a brand new Pokémon or regional form, although there is a 3rd option being that the Pokémon Peony sends out could be Galarian Slowking since that Pokémon hasn’t been officially revealed yet.
Fortunately, there are 15 days left to play the IoA DLC, so it can help to solve some questions to the CT DLC. I haven't thought Peony could own a Galarian Slowking, and it makes some sense...
It's probably Dustox, given her hair ornament.
I think it's not because if you see her hair ornament from behind you can tell it's different. Dustox has 2 circles in the upper wings. The lower wings have no circle patterns. In Klara's hair ornament you can tell each pair of wings has 1 circle.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The new Regis are a bit funny with the lore of Regidrago implying that ancient peoples were just again and again having to deal with Regigigas' experiments in creating new pokemon. Also like how we are now getting more representation of how the different pokemon types are themselves less biological and more a type of energy/elemental force that exists within them and gives them a given typing. We've seen this in some pokemon moves and abilities, but now we have Regigigas outright creating a new Regi by turning Dragon type energy into a crystalline form.

I like the theme of the Galarian trio's signature moves embodying or looking like what type the Galarian form lost from the original form.

About them being mistaken for the original Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres at first, presumably this was due to how for many people the most they ever see of a legendary pokemon is the creature in the distance, shrouded in fog or snow or otherwise not seen clearly. Thus it took a while for enough information to be gathered and clear sightings to occur to realize how different they were,

Also, I really don't get the criticisms of giving old pokemon new forms. Functionally they are entirely new pokemon, they just get to also indulge the reliable boon that is nostalgia. The only negative that could come about is if you want to use different regional forms on the same competitive team, since multiple pokemon with the same name are not allowed.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wish we knew more about Regigigas, like why did it create the Regis? It sounds like there was a clear purpose to it. I mean, I suppose it could be that, due to being so close to humans and other Pokemon, it wanted to reproduce. Or maybe it wanted to give people something to help defend them.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I wish we knew more about Regigigas, like why did it create the Regis? It sounds like there was a clear purpose to it. I mean, I suppose it could be that, due to being so close to humans and other Pokemon, it wanted to reproduce. Or maybe it wanted to give people something to help defend them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they dived a little deeper into Regigigas' lore as a way to justify the existence of the new Regis.